• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Did you bother with Beldum?

Zaakeil

Budding Beta-Tester
Years
Yes! Mostly because Metagross is a silly strong Pokemon, but also because I thought Beldum was really cool. In one particular runthrough it became a crucial part of my team and eventually was transferred up like everyone else important.

Meteor Mash + Psychic + Earthquake + Hyper Beam

Two STABs, a 100 power, and a 150 power. Beastly, if you ask me. Also, a few PP Maxes never hurt anyone. ;)

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
I didn't, but my best friend from grade school did, and he gave me the resulting Metagross. I trained it to be good in both battles and contests, and I have it to this day.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Never used it before, until my last playthrough of Emerald (which took from 2011-2013, lol). Finally gained the patience to train it, very glad I did. I EV'd my Swampert, Metagross and Latios and tore up Battle Frontier with them :D

Previously I'd just got bored of its weak attacks and given up - not surprising considering Emerald was obtained when I was about 10.

Years
Beldum is the reason why I always complete the game with only five Pokemon in my team. Metagross makes a very good physical attacker/wall for Battle Frontier challenges.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Yeah... I used it... Providing I didn't have to CATCH IT!!! Seriously, Nintendo and Gamefreak must have been high to give it a CATCH RATE OF 3!! Seriously, that's like catching a Mewtwo in the wild... In R/S/E, it was on Steven's table, so you didn't have to catch it, but... in hacks, no. Seriously, hackers, take note of this post, and please, for the love of Arceus, change it's catch rate! Metagross is one hell of a beast in the end, though!

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
I personally poured a rather crazy amount of time into obtaining and EV-training a Beldum I wanted, on my last playthrough. Since then, it became a core member of my team, and it waits until my friends can finally challenge me to a match.

On that moment, that very Metagross will be waiting for them...

Years
I bothered indeed. :-3 I loved Metagross and Steven so much back then so I just had to train it to become more like him, pffbaha. It was a royal pain to fully evolve but ultimately very worth it as Metagross was a force to be reckoned with.

DragonsCanBite

Ancient Member
Years
I very much bothered. I spent countless hours training the thing, and I somehow fell in love with the Agility+Meteor Mash combination. Helped me a LOT in the Battle Frontier, mainly the Battle Dome.

Years
Actually, no. I've played through Hoenn so many times over the years, and not once have I decided to take the burden of Beldum. Sure, Metagross would make the game a lot easier to complete from a battle standpoint, but there were other Pokemon I favored more in RSE. Now, if the line was introduced in Johto or Sinnoh, Beldum most certainly would have found a spot on my team!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I like Metagross, but I never bothered to train Beldum. For one, you get him after defeating the Champion and it was more of a pain than anything to train him to a high level that far into the game. Also, Beldum doesn't learn any new attacks until level 20 and only becomes strong after evolving into Metagross. Besides Bagon, Beldum probably took the longest to train in RSE. If he was introduced earlier on in the game, I may have used him.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
Years
I did get it because hey, a free Beldum. Didn't bother to raise it, though. I don't really bother raising anything post-game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think I initially started leveling it up for the dex, but then when it got to level 50 I boxed it an only pulled it out for use in the Battle Frontier n_n Since I believe Pokemon's levels aren't scaled down if they are higher than 50.

KodakKid3

Aggron
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
I got it on Saphire and traded it immediately to Emerald when I got it, to train it as a starter (Did same with Ralts and Slakoth).

It's quite difficult to train due to only having one crappy move until it evolves, but I trained it up to Metagross, who is a beast. Metagross didn't make it onto my team, but he's a great back up.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
I did not bother with Beldum nope.

I thought Metagross was a pretty cool Pokemon but 1, I wasn't aware I could get a free Beldum, and 2, I wouldn't have used it even I did get it. Already had a 6-man team so there was no need for me to use it.

It's still an awesome Pokemon nevertheless, though.~

Back