• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate BW Pack for Pokémon Essentials

Animated or static sprites?

• Animated (+ Looks better, - Large files)

Votes: 458 74.2%
  • Static (+ Smaller files, - Looks worse)

Votes: 159 25.8%

• Total voters

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
pokemon_essentials_ulitmate_bw_pack_7_by_p_sign-d572hbp.png

It's finally here!
Pokémon Essentials Ultimate BW Pack 7 adds the remaining animated sprites to the pack. Different forms now work and the backsprites are resized and positioned correctly. The perspective of these work too.

ULTIMATE BW PACK 7 FOR POKEMON ESSENTIALS 7+
--------------------------------------------

If used, please give credit to:
P-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .

This pack contains:
-All Animated Black and White sprites
-All Black and White overworld sprites
-All Black and White cries
-All Black and White icons
-All Black and White music
-Updated pokemon.txt with 649 Pokemon
-Updated moves.txt to include Black and White moves (effects won't work)
-Updated abilities.txt to include Black and White abilities (effects won't work)

How to install this package:
1. Delete the Graphics/Battlers folder of your project.
2. Backup the PBS files in case you have made any edits to them.
3. Copy the Audio, Graphics and PBS folder in the Ultimate BW Pack folder to your projects folder. Overwrite all existing sprites.
4. Congrats, the files have been succesfully copied.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Direct Download:
PDB Homepage
(Coming soon)

Mirrors
FileFactory
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1qgcr7t9k99v/n/Ultimate_BW_Pack7_zip

Poke-place (Provided by AmethystRain, thanks!):
http://www.poke-place.com/storage/UltimateBWPack7.zip

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Note: All sprites are resized to 192x192 and therefore, some sprites may not fit correctly. I'm afraid you will have to change that yourself.

Note: This pack's resources can be used for other goals, but it's optimized for Essentials. This pack isn't tested with Pokemon Essentials DS.

This pack contains:

-All 2596 static Black and White sprites
-All Black and White overworld sprites
-All Black and White cries
-All Black and White icons
-All Black and White music
-Updated pokemon.txt wiith 649 Pokemon
-Updated tm.txt to include Black and White Pokemon
-Updated abilities.txt to include Black and White abilities (effects won't work)

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

If used, please give credit to:
P-Sign
Veekun
Maruno
Venom12
FL .

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4omlf01iic6ga6s

I have to compliment you on everything in this resource package, I will almost certainly use most of the sprites provided in this pack for my fangame.
If you have any B/W autotiles and tilesets that would be great.
Overall I thing that everyone who downloads and uses these resources will be thoroughly pleased.

Vini310

Just a Player
Years
The Pack is not complete. Missing the following things:
Tilesets and autotile Pokémon BW
Battle sprites of Pokémon Trainers BW
OverWorld OF HILDA (Attached to put you know what I mean).

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
1. Not really easy to add at the moment, there are really few BW Tiles ripped so far.

2. I'll add that in the future.

3. Oops, my bad.I've just updated the pack to include her Overworld. Download link has been updated.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years

There haven't been many autotiles ripped at the moment, there have been quite a few tilesets, try looking on DeviantArt.

1. Not really easy to add at the moment, there are really few BW Tiles ripped so far.

2. I'll add that in the future.

3. Oops, my bad.I've just updated the pack to include her Overworld. Download link has been updated.

That's good. I was just wondering about that.

Also, it would be good if the battlers were animated.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years

Isn't that in essentials by default now?

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Isn't that in essentials by default now?
Yes, but I included them so everyone who doesn't use the newest version of Essentials can still use them. That's the reason Maruno is in the credits, for as far as I know, he updated the two text files.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Just thought I would throw in the sprites are missing for the pokemon with multiple forms

EDIT

4 hours later... I have added all the alternate form sprites. This include all of the Unknown and their back sprites. I also have added the ??? Arceus and it's back sprites.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ed875dk218r1ad

EDIT 2

My upload kept timing out, so I just zipped a smaller file. Just add these to the battlers folder :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
i do prefer animated sprites but static are easier esp when comes to fakemon

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
I agree with p.claydon. I voted for animated, but the choice to have both would be phenomenal.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I voted animated even tho i no longer use RMXP or essentials i think it would be nice to include both static and animated in the download.. give users a choice all you need to mke this complete is tilesets

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Using animated sprites will require scripting knowledge. There are several functions and scripts which will be edited for them to work properly unless all converted to RMXP size. In which case there will be slightly less work involved.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I just found out (and it sounds strange, but it happened anyway) that there are no Gen 5 items in Essentials. They're not in this pack either, so you might want to hold off on that "ultimate" until they're in. ;)

Yes, but I included them so everyone who doesn't use the newest version of Essentials can still use them. That's the reason Maruno is in the credits, for as far as I know, he updated the two text files.
He did indeed.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Using animated sprites will require scripting knowledge. There are several functions and scripts which will be edited for them to work properly unless all converted to RMXP size. In which case there will be slightly less work involved.
If I decide to add animated sprites, I'll use the .gif files I've used a couple months ago. They're all resized for use with Pokémon Essentials and I've used them succesfully without editing any script.

@ Maruno
If I could script at a decent level, I'd try to add those in. The community will have to wait a while, I think.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I just found out (and it sounds strange, but it happened anyway) that there are no Gen 5 items in Essentials. They're not in this pack either, so you might want to hold off on that "ultimate" until they're in. ;)

Wow, I never noticed that....

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
@ Maruno
If I could script at a decent level, I'd try to add those in. The community will have to wait a while, I think.
You included the moves and abilities without scripting them. Items is no different. They'll be added to Essentials eventually anyway, as will their effects. If you just want to get a head-start and knock up an items.txt/bunch of icons, go ahead.

Back