• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
We have confirmation on Burgh or are you reffering to the Badge case thing?

Where did this confirmation come from? o3o
So far I've researched and have found no evidence of him being in this game as a Gym Leader. If there is, please point me to it. I need to know this! ;;
I'm really starting to think that Clay has resigned, though. As much as I want him back, maybe he has just gone to focus on his business.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Glad to see Skyla's back and that she apparently relocated? I feel like her gym will be 10x more difficult from that trailer, though :(

Years
I'm glad Skyla's back, she was one of my faves. :D

She'll probably still be the 6th Gym, maybe 5th. Similar to how the Gym order moved around a bit in previous gens.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Isn't that mountain airport Mistalton town itself?
Either way my new guess for the order is
1 Cheren
2 Homika
3 Burgh
4 Elesa
5 Shizui
6 Skyla
7 Brycen
8 Iris
I believe he was referring to the Air Part in East Unova by the Abundant Shire Black City/White Forest area. Which is where I feel her gym will be. Other gyms who knows. I still feel Brycen is too busy with Pokewood although that has yet to be seen.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
We have confirmation on Burgh or are you reffering to the Badge case thing?

The Badge Case.

If Clay does resign, what would become of his Gym? We can still see it on the map.

I think it's Drayden and Iris that we'll be missing out. The path to Opelucid is frozen. Also Drayden is skipped in the Anime, maybe a hint.

The problem is we don't know where Shizui's Gym is located. Undella's frozen too so it can't be there, unless the plot ends before we face the league. Maybe Skyla flies us over to East Unova then we unlock the area somewhat and meet him?

I did think that he lived in the South West, in that area before port city, so we'd have to return to face him. But everyone else is right, he lived by Undella. Or does he live underwater? This screenshot is dark so gives off the presence of them being in a cave or somewhere underneath.

Shizui_1.png

Or where are there palm trees in Unova? e___e

Spoiler:

Nope, I got it: The craters caused Clay to close down.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
The Badge Case.

If Clay does resign, what would become of his Gym? We can still see it on the map.

I think it's Drayden and Iris that we'll be missing out. The path to Opelucid is frozen. Also Drayden is skipped in the Anime, maybe a hint.

The problem is we don't know where Shizui's Gym is located. Undella's frozen too so it can't be there, unless the plot ends before we face the league. Maybe Skyla flies us over to East Unova then we unlock the area somewhat and meet him?

I did think that he lived in the South West, in that area before port city, so we'd have to return to face him. But everyone else is right, he lived by Undella. Or does he live underwater? This screenshot is dark so gives off the presence of them being in a cave or somewhere underneath.

Shizui_1.png

Spoiler:

Palm trees are usually located in a warm, tropical area with lots of open water, so my guess would be northeast Unova like in Undella Town, or Southwest where that port city is shown. Either way, i'm excited to finally get some more information about Shizui, such as Pokemon, and his sprites and whatnot.

Drayden wasn't skipped. He was mentioned and even shown. I believe they even said he was a Gym Leader, too. However, I have no idea whether or not he will be shown again in the anime.

Craters seem like it would make Clay's business even easier to do, so I could see him focusing purely on them. Maybe we'll see him in that area?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The Badge Case.

Shizui_1.png

Spoiler:

We actually don't know if the Region is really frozen. Other than the two caves that are after Driftvell, none of the other things on the map look frozen. The Ice barrier is still just for the map cause they have never once reffered to the Region itself being frozen.

I know the Promo Anime trailer showed a city frozen, but we don't know what city that was or at what point in the game that is. If its after the part where N and Ghetsis meet, then that City could very well be Castella or even the home town for all we know.

As for Drayden and the Anime, he's in the opening trailer to Best Wishes two and may be involved with the Junior Tournament thing that Cynthia is entering. He is standing by Shizui on top of the temple looking place.

They also most likely wrote out his gym to give a Sneak peek at Black and White 2 Characters like the Anime ALWAYS does.

Tracey and his Marill in Orange Islands before Generation 2. Misty and Togepi in Kanto before Generation 2.

That guy with a Blaziken at the end of the Silver Conference that beat Ash.

May's Munchlax before Generation 4.

Unova was the only one that didn't get an Anime sneak peek, although they did get a Movie Sneak Peek with Zorua and Zoroark.

Homika is a tie into the games to show off a new character that's going to be in the next series of games. So them skipping Drayden doesn't really mean that much game wise since they are using him in the second series which could be hinting that he is in B2W2.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How about steel type gym leader? It maybe will make the game better.

Sorry for my bad english

Yeah a few of us were thinking that but right now it's probably pretty unlikely since there's already three gym changes and chances are the others will remain.

Also imo Drayden's anime thing kinda makes sense, wouldn't it be awkward to battle him with Iris right there? :x At least I think that shouldn't really be an indicator if he's skipped or not.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
How about steel type gym leader? It maybe will make the game better.

Sorry for my bad english

A steel type gym leader would be great, but like Requility said, three gym changes, and chances are no more will be added.

Even if there was, they would have most likely already revealed it before now.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
My predictions(/hopes):

1. Cheren
2. Homika
3. Burgh
4. Elesa
5. Clay
6. Shizui
7. Skyla
8. Brycen

Given that Ice is driving the plot for this game, it would make sense for an Ice gym to be our final battle. He was pretty easy in BW, due to his straight-forwardness (all plain ice types, easily combatted), but evolve his Vanillish into Vanilluxe, switch his Cryogonal out for a couple of stronger dual-types, like a Lapras and a Weavile or something, and he's be a decent challenge. We already know the triplets and Lenora are out, and the anime to me seems to be hinting that Iris/Drayden won't be gym leaders (though I expect to see them in some capacity).

I expect Cheren's main Pokemon to be a Deerling (the only other Unova normal-type with appropriate base stats is Herdier, and he can't have that or he'd be almost identical to Lenora), and Homika to have a Garbodor (doesn't matter about the underlevelling, Pokemon opponents have been cheating for years now - remember Lance's Dragonites?).

I've moved Skyla up to 7th gym because I there are a lot of flying-types in Unova that could make a very strong team (I'd go for Unfezant/Swanna/Mandibuzz/Braviary). Meanwhile, there aren't a lot of viable water-types in Unova (I expect Carracosta to be his main Pokemon), so I think Shizui will be around the middle. I'd like to see an Eelektrik replacing one of Elesa's Emolga.

I'm assuming, of course, that we will only see a couple of non-Unova Pokemon in gym leader teams, with the vast majority being Unova mons.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I really don't see Clay appearing unless Brycen isn't a gym leader after all.
For Brycen's team I'll like to see Lapras, Glaceon, and Jynx (his new main Pokemon?) and if he has a fourth Beartic returning.
Skyla should have Skyraptor, Skarmory, Gliscor (to take on electric types), if theres a fourth than Salamence (a flying type who wanted to fly would go well with her).

blue

gucci
Years
Considering everyone's having a shot at guessing I'll take a go too:

1. Cheren
2. Homika
3. Burgh
4. Shizui
5. Elesa
6. Skyla
7. Brycen
8. Iris

It's easy for leaders to get jostled around and with the new gym leaders making place it's likely that i.e Elesa replaces Clay as the 5th leader.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Just wondering, why does everyone seem so sure Clay isn't appearing? Did I miss something?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
People are just assuming that Clay is no longer a gym leader. We already have confirmed though.

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
Skyla

We saw Brycen but in a Pokewood role so no confirmation whether he is gym leader or not.

With Iris people assume she took the Gym over from Drayden and he either retired or was promoted to the Elite Four.

As for Burgh and Clay we don't know anything yet about either of those two.

And the Straiton Trio looks like they will be at as well.

At this point there is 3 gym positions up in the air.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just wondering, why does everyone seem so sure Clay isn't appearing? Did I miss something?

No, you haven't. Everyone just assumes that he's not there, but there is nothing to support that.

Right now all cities that had Gyms in them still do according to the map. Though that would mean that the Gyms before would be in the same order.

Cheren
Homika
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Skyla
(Brycen) {He seems to be in Pokewood and I'm starting to believe that he's only involved in that now}
Drayden/Iris

This leaves Shizui with one new spot opened by Brycen's possible leave of absence. Though his location isn't revealed so we don't know what position he is, but if it follows the current order he could be 7th OR 8th. Seems less likely to be like that, but ya never know with Gamefreak.

Years
Reason would leave me to believe that Brycen would be the leader out. Pokéwood sounds like a big role that would require a lot of attention. Even though this is a game and all, having a role in Pokéwood and being a gym leader at the same time would seem to be a bit much. Only a little bit longer and we'll know for sure.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I don't know where but it's definitely confirmed that Brycen will be a Gym Leader. I think pokejungle said that a scan or the official website confirmed it. I didn't like this news because Iccirus is clearly frozen. But someone said he's an Ice Gym Leader so it doesn't particularly affect him.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't know where but it's definitely confirmed that Brycen will be a Gym Leader. I think pokejungle said that a scan or the official website confirmed it. I didn't like this news because Iccirus is clearly frozen. But someone said he's an Ice Gym Leader so it doesn't particularly affect him.
I was the one who mentioned the ice thing, perhaps it was his town in the trailer...
Really? Well if it is confirmed I must say I'm glad to see Brycen play his role as gym leader.
Also may I add that Fantina in gen 4 participated in contests, and Jasmine was in the Poketholon so what's stopping Brycen? It might just be a hobby...seriously poor guy seems to be disliked...
I do feel sad that Clay might not be coming back...I would've perfered Burgh being eliminated...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really don't see Clay appearing unless Brycen isn't a gym leader after all.
For Brycen's team I'll like to see Lapras, Glaceon, and Jynx (his new main Pokemon?) and if he has a fourth Beartic returning.
Skyla should have Skyraptor, Skarmory, Gliscor (to take on electric types), if theres a fourth than Salamence (a flying type who wanted to fly would go well with her).

Uh Jynx is an out-going Pokemon, that doesn't really fit Brycen at all. XD; I'd much rather if he kept two from Unova and added at least one of those others, probably Lapras more than the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back