• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use the Sudowoodo on route 36?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Once I caught the Sudowoodo, I boxed it permanently. I only took it out so that I could use it in the Pokéathlon.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Hmm probably a few times. I probably boxed it just so I wouldn't have to deal with how many experience points are needed to level it. :T

Though honestly I think he might be on Diamond version somewhere in my PC because I sent it over before I reset SoulSilver version. n_n"

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I always catch the Sudowoodo for the Dex data, but I never use it! Same goes for the Shuckle that the guy gives you in Cianwood.​

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Yes, but no, but... blegh. Actually, I tried using it, but I miserably failed. It didn't work with my taste, it kept dying and eventually I got fed up and boxed it. Now if I ever pass it I either finish it off or just box it, I never liked sudowoodo that much to begin with.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I always catch that Sudowoodo. I make it sleep, make it weak, and then I catch it with a Great Ball. *click!* I caught it, registered it in my pokedex, and then it goes inside the PC, never to see the light of day again. :P

Years
I never found it too useful in battle and there were other options that were better, so it just went inside my PC forever. Plus I wasn't a fan of its design or anything. Not planning to try it in the future either, only exception is if I'm doing a challenge. I have to catch it though since I'm obsessed with gathering data haha plus you'd never have another chance at it. D:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Here's a rundown of how my battle with Sudowoodo went down.

A wild SUDOWOODO appeared!
Mike* sent out Slowpoke!
Slowpoke used Water Pulse!
It's super effective!
SUDOWOODO fainted!
Slowpoke gained 2 Exp Points

And we all moved on with our lives. Except Sudowoodo, who presumably died after that terrifying encounter.

*I call myself Mike in games because Jonathan is one character too many and it's just become a habit now...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
After I caught it, I box'd it, and its still waiting for the day to see the light again.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
I'd catch it and raise it until it got Rock Slide, so I could breed it onto the Pokemon that could learn it (in GSC)

Now that Rock Slide is a TM again, it no longer has a use.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I always box him. I don't like Sudowoodo much, but for some reason I always catch it anyway.

Years
He was pretty terrible and always put up more of a fight than he was worth. >_>

Nonetheless, I captured him still.
Spr_2c_185.gif

And his little booty shake is adorable!! (:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
I temporarily used Sudowoodo for HM Strength until I caught red Gyarados and made it my main HM slave.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I always catch pokemon that are stationary like that, even if there are 2 of them, like Snorlax. But I usually don't use those pokemon anyway, and Sudowoodo was no exception. I just felt I was already developing a good team, so I left Sudowoodo in the box after catching it.

Back