• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So I made a really specific calculator yesterday that finds out the offset of a Pokémon's data (where its type is determined, etc.) in a FireRed ROM.

sphericalice.co/romhacking/calculator

I doubt anyone will need it, but I found it useful because once I implemented the Fairy-type to my hack, many tools were incompatible, so giving Pokémon the Fairy-type could only be done via hex editing, and this calculator just sped that process up.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Yet another gender choice skip patch, but this one for Emerald:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/587lp29otl4eldg/Skip+Gender+Choice+%28Emerald%29.ips

As with the one for FireRed, the patch will not conflict with anything.

I feel really odd about double posting, but I made another patch today:
The Pokémon Emerald Intro Enhancement Patch
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zjrys2kdm0cbk07/Emerald+Intro+Enhancer.ips

Have you ever wanted to remove the truck animation from the start of Pokémon Emerald without any adverse effects? Or maybe you wanted to edit the positions of the player on their starting map instead of them always starting out in the middle? Well then, this is the patch for you!

To edit the starting map, X position, and Y position, go into a hex editor at these offsets:
0x84458 for the map bank
0x8445A for the map number
0x8445C for the starting X position
0x84454 for the starting Y position

As per usual, this patch does not conflict with anything.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Just posted this in tajaros tutorial for XSE... decided I contribute a sound list since he only did a sound list for FR.
Just use "sound 0x##" in your script and replace the hashtags with whatever you want to play. Sounds can really shake things up in a hack and make it feel more awesome! Enjoy Ruby hackers!

Spoiler:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
SHADOW POKEMONs
Hi, I've come to share the Shadow Legendary Pokemon that I've recolored.
Here's the screenshot of it and it's final appearance.
QzJSbtb.png

Download below. Use it and give me Proper credits of course.
NOTE: Only mew is indexed. Also, this will be updated. Not all Legendary Pokemon are there.
Download link:
CLICK HERE.

Mega Evolutions (Note: it's not resized; not 64x64)
2m47u4m.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Just a simple patch I made that includes Jambo51's trainer facing fix ASM routine. Unlike other Pokemon games, in FR/LG the player does not face the trainer when they get spotted. This patch fixes that small annoyance:
QZG6Yko.png

It uses free space from offsets A00000 - A000B9 so provided you haven't used any space there it should be fully compatible with already started hacks. :D Of course all credit should go to Jambo51 for writing the ASM needed.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
A little update on Shadow Pokemon since I got no time to work on it.
Mega Charizard added, not resized. Feel free to do it on your own since I suck at that.
Link to post.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
Lowercase Pokémon Text (Emerald)
This replaces all instances of POKéMON with Pokémon. This is only for Emerald. For those who want to do it in other games:
In a hex editor (I use HxD), replace all instances of CA C9 C5 1B C7 C9 C8 with CA E3 DF 1B E1 E3 E2.
I'd do it for the other games but I can't be bothered to go download all the roms right now.

Years
Zxdey3h.png

Just some custom FireRed-styled tiles I've made. You don't need to ask for permission, but please credit me if you do use these.

edit

2Yk6DZ0.png

Hoenn badges in the style of HG/SS's badges.

edit 2

oeDOyGd.png

Added another house tile. It would probably be for a Move Tutor or Name Rater or something.

edit 3

zFx5Sh4.png

Added yet another house tile. This one would probably be a seaside house tile.

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Hey guys i made a title screen for fire red/leaf green roms.
Please note this image wont let the fire/leaves show in the background
Here is the background image
80tcn0sullptrjbfg.jpg

The raw file for unlz.gba

And the APE pallet

Heres a tutorial for inserting these if you need it.
----Tuturial----
Credit would be nice but isnt necessary.

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
This script replicates DPP/HGSS Pokemarts. Just compile and insert on the Mart guy. Also make sure you set the next value on the variable after beating Gyms 1,3,5,7,8. This uses OAK'S PARCEL variable, so adjust accordingly if needed.

Spoiler:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Heya! I've made a 6th gen shadow pokemon.
Chespin Fennekin and lastly Froakie.
ULJJqVC.png
4yps756.png
c6qkoK4.png

I'm taking request, but do it via pm :)

~

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
I made some new text boxes last time. But it is not just that. Look for yourself by downloading :)
The package includes a readme.txt, so no need for me to say much, just read it.

CLICKY CLICK CLICK

SCREENSHOTS (For some reason, they look better in-game lol)
Spoiler:

Also, I accept requests, what color do you want etc.,
Just leave me a VM if you have one :)) .

Hail to,
ep!c for oaks enhanced background.

Edit: IGNORE THE "NOTE" ON THE README FILE. IT IS COMPLETELY HARMLESS.

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back