• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
As long as you didn't hack anything about the Pokemon itself, (its moveset, its IVs, shininess, etc) it's legit.

Years
I've been to some tournaments where legal hacked pokémon been acceptable, so I wanted to ask if that was the case here. Legal hacked vs. Illegal hacked wasn't really specified in the first post, so that wasn't a stupid question IMO.

What's the difference between legal hacked and illeagal hacked... as long as you're using a GameShark/Action Replay, etc. it's still hacked.

Ichida

Years
Well, here's an example. If you edit any details about the Pokemon itself using hacks, it's non-legit. If you hack a legal TM to teach it a move, the Pokemon itself is still legit.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
What's the difference between legal hacked and illeagal hacked... as long as you're using a GameShark/Action Replay, etc. it's still hacked.
I assumed the tournaments he is speaking of specified the difference between the two.

But still, I'm curious as to what this difference is. My guess is hacking a Pokemon to get something that is possible to get without hacking. Max IV's or movesets, to give two examples. Although very hard and nearly impossible, I guess one could do it if they had a few years of spare time. XD

Nonetheless, the Houndoom(or any other hacked, legal or not) will not be allowed.

PS-I have just updated the FAQ on the first post with a few more questions. ^_^

Last edited:

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Can I sign up again, and I would like to know what the runner-up thingy does exactly? [Question directed to Alakazam] Oh and rig it so I have to vs. aragornbird first, I want to get it over and done with, lol.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Paranoia, for getting to the Semi-Finals last time, you get a free pass to the second round of this tournament.

And the pairings are all done randomly, sorry. XD

Though anything is possible....

Years
  • Age 32
  • MA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2008
Umm, Seeing everyone else post to join, I guess I'll give it a shot, or something...

Yeah, I'm in xD

Ichida

Years
Oh and rig it so I have to vs. aragornbird first, I want to get it over and done with, lol.

Aragornbird hasn't signed up as far as I know, or else I wouldn't have bothered to sign up. A17, let me know if he does join.

chibi

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2008
cant wait for this to start :P

Last edited:

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2008
How do I enter the Tournament?

Just post a reply to this thread during the registration period. Currently, you can do this up until August 9th, 2007.

So I can still join right now? Sweet.

Back