• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

I installed death because that will teach player's that every once in a while there will be a consequence to letting them faint, which will increase the difficulty of the game. I plan to have someone actually tell you that that can happen in the next demo instead of it being a surprise lol.

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
So nuzlocke mode without the nuzlocke mode, eh? :y
But cool, when I get back to playing, I'll make even more sure that I won't let them faint. Notthatiwantedtolettheminthefirstplace

Atomic Reactor

Well, I guess that's one way of looking at it. I mean, in this version, it's just a 2% chance that they'll die (so pretty rare)
I will also be releasing a version where it's 100% deathrate, and you can't bring them back. I will release that as an Extreme mode or something haha. I might take shops out on that one as well.

As for updates, sorry I keep showing up and leaving lol. I have been working on other things lately. I plan on updating the attack selection screen to look nicer, so hopefully Kitsune is cool with scripting that. Maybe I'll work on the game a little this weekend and post some screenshots for you all :)

Years
Well, I guess that's one way of looking at it. I mean, in this version, it's just a 2% chance that they'll die (so pretty rare)
I will also be releasing a version where it's 100% deathrate, and you can't bring them back. I will release that as an Extreme mode or something haha. I might take shops out on that one as well.

As for updates, sorry I keep showing up and leaving lol. I have been working on other things lately. I plan on updating the attack selection screen to look nicer, so hopefully Kitsune is cool with scripting that. Maybe I'll work on the game a little this weekend and post some screenshots for you all :)

lol sounds good :) just as long as updates happen (and demos) then its all good with me ^^

Atomic Reactor

Ha another demo won't be out for a long while guys. I don't really have a deadline as far as progress goes? Like Idk where I wanna wrap it all up and release it at yet. So I can't possibly say when the next one is.
But I will genuinely try and show you guys something new this weekend.

Atomic Reactor

Here it is! Some new screens! I told you all, I said I would post some screens this weekend. Look at how reliable I am :D
pixys_zps0c70cf8b.png

This is the new battle interface, made by me, and scripted by the fantastic KitsuneKouta ( thanks a lot dude :D )

What do you all think? :)

Atomic Reactor

Here's a shot of the desert at night during battle :)
desert.png

Atomic Reactor

OH was that not enough screens?! Sorry! Here's more :D
desretet.png

Credit to DaNerdyDude and Kymotonian and WesleyFG for some tiles.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Here's a quick screen. Not much to see here.
Can anyone guess what this is?
teleepeoeoh.png

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Everything's looking great as always, Justin. One thing though.. why does Nurse Joy look like a man? D:

Atomic Reactor

And because Max, she is a man.

Is there anything specifically you guys would like to see? Let me know and maybe I can show it off.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
yeah I've gotta agree the nurse looks like she has a beard lmao, perhaps the room is an elevator that goes to a link-cable area?

Everything is looking good, though. I'd probably update the image of the starters in the first post, though. I threw this together in ps, if you want to use it
fzC4u.png

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Ooh! Is it the Secret Room for Rotom?
Also, with the battle GUI, I would advise, with the PP tag, putting it next to the pokemon's stats, permanently. Otherwise it could get annoying when strategically planning moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back