• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Showcase] The Slightly Refurbished (But Not Finished) Good Times Thread of Drawing! <3

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I was kind of wondering when you'd get around to making one, or even if once I realized the art in your signature/avatar was yours.

But there's just so much here that it's actually causing it to load everything slooooowwllllyyyyy. I dunno what that could be, are your images really huge on DA? Maybe it's DA itself through a bottleneck right now?

It seems like you have a whole lot to show, here, which is great. Most of loaded right up, and then others where just blank spots or half loaded, so I'm only going to talk about what I was able to see.

First off, I really like, or rather I always liked the Unova scenary, and the Mei and Ampharos find a hidden grotto piece. The pixel art is pretty hot stuff, too. I like what you did for Lumiere most of all, there.

I like the stutter comic, and a lot of your work from the unfinished pile has a certain flair to it, in the posing, and the cleanliness of the lineart. It shows your strengths. Uh, everything else didn't really load except the 2010 gallery, but it's interesting to see where you were 2 years ago. Or almost 3. It seems like what changed the most was your coloring technique, which usually seems to be the case for most artists once they have their personal style down.

So, that's all I got.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Sorry about the loading issues.
Dunno how I should fix that, really. Possibly by uploading every single image in a smaller format on Imgur, but that will be a pain, hahaha.

Thank you so much! <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
You've always been one of my favourite artists on PC, and that's saying something! Just seen your 2012 recap meme, and I have to say that you've improved so much it's kind of ridiculous. Your latest pieces are fantastic, I love your scenes. Just as a side note, the sunrays here shouldn't be above the characters, since they cast a shadow, naturally.

I'll continue to watch your work, I love it and I love your style so much. Keep it up!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
These are staggeringly well done.

Just compared to what you posted as pre-2012, you've developed your style so, so much. At this rate, you'll be famous by next year, no joke. You've transcended this whole "critiquing on PC" stage dude, you need like.. an agent or a manager or something. ;p

This is the style of drawing that I can really appreciate. I like what I draw, as an artist, but I often find that most of my art becomes very bland in meaning overall very static. Your art, on the other hand, is consistently portraying different emotions and different characters experiencing different things! It's so dynamic and fun to scroll through! Especially some of the more "simplistic" (by that I mean the ones that aren't very background heavy) pieces like this, this, and this.

I would say post more, like I do to everyone who puts a gallery up here, but if you post anymore I'm gunna just explode. xD

No but really, post more!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Thank you so much for the encouragement and such, it's really means a lot! <3
I still haven't figured out how light works properly hahaha, and as much as I'd like to put up new stuff every day, drawing sure takes time.

Also, added some banner thingies for the folder categories. Guess it's a bit less boring this way. Might very well make the first post CSS-tacular at some point.

Years
WELL HEY, I REMEMBER FAVING ONE OF YOUR WORK!
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/321/1/3/hidden_grotto_by_yuzahunter-d5l9tkb.png
That one, which I thought was pretty cool! ^..^
I love the lighting here, it looks awesome.
I see you sorta blurred the branches that was closer to the viewer, which I think creates some awesome depth! If I may suggest, I would blur a little more of the sign and bicycle? To possibly add more depth, but it's only a suggestion I had in mind.
I have to mention how I love your line-work in lots of the drawings you have. It's really clean, some of them are colored which I love to see. I don't know why, it's just nice to see line-work that's different from just regular black.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/355/7/8/flying_sharpedo_by_yuzahunter-d5opilx.png
AHA, I LOVE THIS.
Also, the texture here is nice. :3

So, I'll leave it at that! You've got some awesome work. =]

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
Man I love your art. You have really nice clean lines which is something I struggle to do and your cel-shading style goes really nicely with it because it's so clean. I really like the clouds in your first drawing a lot. Your backgrounds aren't as clean as your characters, but they're clean enough so that they look like they still belong in the same world. Good job!

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Wow, that last piece looks amazing! I really love how you've coloured it! It looks different from your other pieces.

To be honest, all of your art is awesome, but that last one really takes the cake!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
omg your artwork has really become beautiful;; i remember when you first started drawing. i still have the drawing you made me;;
Spoiler:

i still love it<33
anyways, i love the way you draw it's just so clean i love all of the shading. i can't wait to see more.
--i might just use that signature again :3

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
The latest piece is amazing. Love the work that went into the background. I have to agree with Alexial in that I really don't think there's must to critique on. You definitely have the patience to follow through to the last detail. The coloring is also very very nice. I may have to save that picture just for inspiration (of what, I dunno. Maybe how to create a detailed environment). The technique is in the painting, because the line art for the trees and bushes is pretty simple.

Are you looking to do this professionally? I think you'd be able to. Or maybe freelance if you're not looking to do this career wise. For a lot of people, though, it's not even about making money with it, though, so maybe you're in that camp as well? I dunno, I'm just curious.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Thank you everyone! <3

Nice art lol you should make Anime Shorts O-O

Oh god, animation takes so much time though. :P
But I have ventured into 2D animation from time to time!
animation_thingie_by_yuzahunter-d4zfmeo.gif

Are you looking to do this professionally? I think you'd be able to. Or maybe freelance if you're not looking to do this career wise. For a lot of people, though, it's not even about making money with it, though, so maybe you're in that camp as well? I dunno, I'm just curious.
If I COULD make a living from illustrating, I would. Would be difficult making that happen though. :(
Also there's always the possibility that having it as work would make me grow reeeaaaally tired of it.

I do however plan on having a career in graphical design or something like that. And character design/scenery reference for games or films would be very fun! :D

Luckily I'm still seventeen and I don't have to worry about a career before I've finished college, so there's plenty of time to practice!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Oh god, animation takes so much time though. :P
But I have ventured into 2D animation from time to time!

A LOT of time. And that's if you're doing it half heartedly (cheap animation still isn't fast :I). I mean, I guess cheats exist but would you believe it if I said that I've never learned how to do any of them (background tweens nonwithstanding)?

But really, though, I like that animation you have. It seems like a clean up pass, because it's too smooth to be the 1st or 2nd draft. Looks like its mostly made up of keys and extremes, though, but I don't think you're aiming for little more than a skill test. I still like how he just zooms off into the distance. NOW I'm inspired. I can't get off my butt to draw anything, but animation is still my forte, whether I like it or not. XD;

Also there's always the possibility that having it as work would make me grow reeeaaaally tired of it.

One of the many reasons I found out I didn't like animation as a career, it happens, but it's either rare or not too many people admit it. There was plenty of other factors, don't get me wrong, but you know it's over when you finally get a chance to work on something that you think is really really cool, really fun and has a style you love, but reached the absolute bottom of the drive to care anymore. Fortunately...

And character design/scenery reference for games or films would be very fun! :D

For me, that is fun. I think if you got into it, you wouldn't get tired of it unlike animation which may burn you out if you don't live and breath it daily, and it has some pretty achievable milestones that people I've worked with seem to feel really good about. Even scenery design is fun every now and again, but maybe it's just me. Something to keep in mind, though, but I know different people have different tastes and ideas where to utilize their art. I'm speaking from work experience, but it's still only one man's point of view.

Well, you're certainly better than were I was when I was seventeen. My art was still very crude. In fact, you're better than me now. At your age, you've got a leg up on a lot of people who are seriously considering doing this professionally, I'd say that's quite a compliment. :D

Okay, I won't derail your gallery anymore. Anything else I'll take to a visitor message or something. D:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Best drawing of X and Y starter I've seen yet! Well, it's only the first one I've seen... but still the best!

I'm sorry but this was too good for me to not comment on real quick. Very awesome. Super cute for such a quick doodle. Keep them coming! c:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Best drawing of X and Y starter I've seen yet! Well, it's only the first one I've seen... but still the best!

I'm sorry but this was too good for me to not comment on real quick. Very awesome. Super cute for such a quick doodle. Keep them coming! c:
<3

--

Also, have an After Effects animation I haphazardly put together for school. I guess it sort of fits in this gallery, I did draw the character model to begin with hahaha.

[hd]BqlkK3gV-Fk[/hd]

Added in the Random Things and Stuff I Never Finished-folder!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Nice works bro, you used a photoshop ?
I use Photoshop to some extent, yes!
For the drawing and painting parts, I mostly use paint Tool SAI though.

When I animate I draw in photoshop entirely.

They are all awosome!Where did you learn to draw like that?Also is this from valkyrie chronicles 2?
Spoiler:
It really just comes with years of practice. :P

No it's not actually! As I wrote in the post, that's from Kids on the slope.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I use an airbrush with pretty high smoothing options when linearting, mostly.
The easiest way to do clean and smooth lines, I think, is just to make very quick strokes. This means it's harder to make them precise, but when you're using digital means you can just undo and try again until it looks good!

Also have a Gastly.

gastly_by_yuzahunter-d5r8gcj.png

Back