• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
I had that problem too. You are missing the settings.ini file. Once you get it, set Auto-Update to true.

Years
In the map script section of A-map, set your script's var to 5006 and the value to 0.
I did just that and it still froze. I even treid to restart the whole game but it still didn't work. When you say set script's var to 5006, I assume you mean the flag part in the section of map script?

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
wow, that was fast.
I got it from tajaros. Check his scripting tutorial. You'll have to re-download XSE.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I did just that and it still froze. I even treid to restart the whole game but it still didn't work. When you say set script's var to 5006, I assume you mean the flag part in the section of map script?

Yes. Now, change the map script to 02, if it isn't already.

Also, you don't need to set the var in your script, if you don't touch it, it won't change and will always be 0.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
Pokemon:
Saphire Version:
A-MAP:
XSE:

Ok I tried doing all the research that I could but I am having trouble fixing the problem. Let me try to make this as clear as possible for you guys. When I make it to the first area that I have my pokemon center and heal I go out to battle the trainers. but after I beat some of them in battle for some reason when the battle scene is over I take control of another OW sprite or I will just move around as an invisble character. I tried narrowing down the problems. I dont believe it is any of the trainer codes as they are very basic and have no flags set on any of them. I the only other thing that I could think of would be map scripts causing the effects. But this problem only happens after I heal at the POKEMON CENTER?

I would show pics but the forum wont let me until I have posted 15 times :p

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Hm, my first post was misleading. What I'm trying to do is make a level script happen once when you enter the map, and when you exit and return, it will do the same thing but once. I don't know if that made any sense at all.

Use script type: "03 On entering map/not on menu close". You don't need to set variables for that type of level script, the rest of the procedure is the same.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
@ Sarge 981: Hmmm... that's really weird. Have you edited the pokemon center itself? Because if you've touched people inside of it (especially n. Joy), you may accidentally have set a person events movement byte to the one that says "Do not use - you will be this person after battling". Or at least, something along those lines. I'm sorry if it's of little help, but this is the only thing I can think of, apart from some kind of ROM corruption, which would produce the effect as you described it. You might seriously consider checking this either way, since you may have accidentally selected it while scrolling: I know that has happened to me at least once, except I was lucky enough that I got a normal movement byte.
The thing to do here is to really try to narrow it down as best as you can. Then, if all else fails and you're sure it happens somehow during the healing, you could just replace that entire PC with a new map.

Hello, I am havin issues... when all my pokemon faint I dont respawn... im just getting a black screen...

I followed this guide:
http://www.romhackersonline.com/soc...ending-sethealingplace-on-pok-233mon-firered/
word for word to increase my sethealingplace list... but now I just get a black screen, forcing the player to reset their game...

logically it should work unless there is a point that guide is missing (or I messed it up somewhere else)

so is there another guide for this? or does anyone know where the script is that runs after a person dies?
cause resetting the game woulnt be that bad if it did it automatically... no respawns, when you die you start from your last save point... it would make people save more ;)

the black screen happen right after the "player whited out" text... before the "player scurried to the pokemon center protecting his pokes from furthur harm" text...

You might want to try JPAN's hacked engine. I'm pretty certain it includes a rewrite of the way 'respawning' works, giving you access to a potentially infinite number of healing places.

Last edited:
Years
Use script type: "03 On entering map/not on menu close". You don't need to set variables for that type of level script, the rest of the procedure is the same.
Thanks a ton, but now I have run into another problem. I'm using movesprite but it dosnt seem to work in 03 On entering map/not on menu close.

Years
Whenever I try to compile this script I get the following error: "No#org/seek directives found" any suggestions?

SCRIPT:

#dynamic 0x805300
lockall
checkflag 0x1391
if 0x1 goto @done
checkflag 0x1385
if 0x1 goto @start
releaseall
end

#org @start
setweather 0x5
doweather
setflag 0x1392
playsong 0x127 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @moveplayer
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
msgbox @2 0x6
msgbox @3 0x6
msgbox @4 0x6
msgbox @5 0x6
msgbox @6 0x6
applymovement 0x4 @move1
waitmovement 0x4
msgbox @yesno
boxset 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no
release
end

#org @yes
applymovement 0x5 @move2
waitmovement 0x5
trainerbattle 0x1 0x066 0x0 @before @after @later
#org @before
= TRAITOR

#org @after
= DAMM YOU!

#org @later
msgbox @7 0x6
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x2
hidesprite 0x5
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1388
setflag 0x1387
msgbox @8 0x6
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x4
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1389
setflag 0x1391
setflag 0x1394
setflag 0x1395
release
end

#org @no
applymovement 0x5 @move2
waitmovement 0x5
trainerbattle 0x1 0x068 0x0 @before @after @later
end

#org @before
= haha he's one of us!

#org @after
= NO...

#org @later
msgbox @9 0x6
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x2
hidesprite 0x4
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1389
setflag 0x1387
msgbox @10 0x6
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x5
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1388
setflag 0x1391
setflag 0x1394
setflag 0x1395
release
end

#org @done
releaseall
end

#org @yesno
= Yes or no?

#org @1
= DAISY: FIENDS

#org @2
= REX: WEVE

#org @3
= DAISY: GO FIG

#org @4
= REX: .....

#org @5
= DAISY: SPEECHLE

#org @6
= REX: I WAS

#org @7
= REX: THIS ISNT

#org @8
= DASISY: MEET

#org @9
= DAISY: YOU'D

#org @10
= REX: MEET

#org @moveplayer
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0xFE

#org@ move1
#raw 0x2F
#raw 0xFE

#org@ move2
#raw 0x2F
#raw 0xE
#raw 0xFE

karatekid552

Years
Whenever I try to compile this script I get the following error: "No#org/seek directives found" any suggestions?

SCRIPT:

#dynamic 0x805300
#org @start
lockall
checkflag 0x1391
if 0x1 goto @done
checkflag 0x1385
if 0x1 goto @start
releaseall
end

#org @start2
setweather 0x5
doweather
setflag 0x1392
playsong 0x127 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @moveplayer
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
msgbox @2 0x6
msgbox @3 0x6
msgbox @4 0x6
msgbox @5 0x6
msgbox @6 0x6
applymovement 0x4 @move1
waitmovement 0x4
msgbox @yesno
boxset 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no
release
end

#org @yes
applymovement 0x5 @move2
waitmovement 0x5
trainerbattle 0x1 0x066 0x0 @before @after @later
#org @before
= TRAITOR

#org @after
= DAMM YOU!

#org @later
msgbox @7 0x6
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x2
hidesprite 0x5
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1388
setflag 0x1387
msgbox @8 0x6
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x4
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1389
setflag 0x1391
setflag 0x1394
setflag 0x1395
release
end

#org @no
applymovement 0x5 @move2
waitmovement 0x5
trainerbattle 0x1 0x068 0x0 @before @after @later
end

#org @before
= haha he's one of us!

#org @after
= NO...

#org @later
msgbox @9 0x6
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x2
hidesprite 0x4
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1389
setflag 0x1387
msgbox @10 0x6
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x5
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1388
setflag 0x1391
setflag 0x1394
setflag 0x1395
release
end

#org @done
releaseall
end

#org @yesno
= Yes or no?

#org @1
= DAISY: FIENDS

#org @2
= REX: WEVE

#org @3
= DAISY: GO FIG

#org @4
= REX: .....

#org @5
= DAISY: SPEECHLE

#org @6
= REX: I WAS

#org @7
= REX: THIS ISNT

#org @8
= DASISY: MEET

#org @9
= DAISY: YOU'D

#org @10
= REX: MEET

#org @moveplayer
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0xFE

#org@ move1
#raw 0x2F
#raw 0xFE

#org@ move2
#raw 0x2F
#raw 0xE
#raw 0xFE

Yup, you need a #org where I put it above, I made the correction in red.

Edit: Also, try not to use @1,@2, etc, as sometimes script editors will bug out and place you script at 0x000001, which will break your game, use @one and such instead. It shouldn't happen, but just to be secure.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah haha I was looking at it and I realized I missed it I was going to post that I'm an idiot before anyone replied but you beat me to it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
I am trying to make a script where you find a pokeball with a pokemon inside. I have gotten it to work as far as the Pokemon being added to your party but I am trying to make it disappear after I get the Pokemon, like you can walk where it was and you can't see the sprite anymore. Any suggestions? I am using PKSV-UI.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Is there a table of special commands I can view? diegoisawesome has an incomplete list in his tutorial, so I'd appreciate it if I can find a complete one.

I also want to know how I can change the function of items. For example, replacing Pokeblock's function with the clock command to have a portable clock. I believe I've seen something similar done before, but I don't remember where or how. I've tried opening the item's offset in XSE, then giving it the special command. That didn't change the item though, but it did perform the function when I set the item's offset to a person event. I'm obviously missing something here.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Is there a table of special commands I can view? diegoisawesome has an incomplete list in his tutorial, so I'd appreciate it if I can find a complete one.

A list of FR's special commands can be found in this thread. If you're looking for another version's specials then I'm not sure if there is a completed list on PC.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
hey , this is my script for a pokeball to give a potion but as soon as i get the item and move the pokeball comes back again

#dynamic 0x2DD264

#org @start
hidesprite 5
giveitem 0xD 0x1 0x0
setflag 0x1203
release
end

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
hey , this is my script for a pokeball to give a potion but as soon as i get the item and move the pokeball comes back again

#dynamic 0x2DD264

#org @start
hidesprite 5
giveitem 0xD 0x1 0x0
setflag 0x1203
release
end

Don't use flags over 900 unless you know what you are doing, see this post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php? and this one p=6829256#post6829256http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6902344&postcount=183.

You also need to set the flag that you set as the person ID for that item in A-map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back