• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The original Eeveelutions.

What did you evolve Eevee into?

• [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/d4/Spr_b_g1_134.png[/img]

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/00/Spr_b_g1_135.png[/img]

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/5/53/Spr_b_g1_136.png[/img]

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_1b_133.png

In generation I, we were given an amazingly cute and fluffy Pokemon, Eevee! This Pokemon could evolve into three different evolutions of different types with the aide of an evolutionary stone. With the Water Stone, we were given the lovely Vaporeon. With the Thunder Stone, we could get the fiesty Jolteon. And with the Fire Stone, we got a fluffy bazooka known as Flareon. So, when you got your Eevee in RBYG, what did you do with it? What do you evolve it into originally? How do you feel about the three original Eeveelutions? Which of those three is your favorite? Discuss! Remember this is gen I only!

Spr_1b_134.png
Spr_1b_135.png
Spr_1b_136.png

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Good! Then listen up! My favorite VAPOREON... It...cute...lovely...
smart...plus...amazing...you think so?...oh yes...it...stunning...
kindly...love it! Hug it...when...sleeping...warm and cuddly...
spectacular...ravishing...

When my brother let me play his Red, the first Pokémon I used was Vaporeon. I guess this make it my first Eeveelution. I don't think I have to go into why Vaporeon is my favourite Eeveelution and Pokémon again. I think the three Eeveelutions of Kanto are some of the best Pokémon of Gen I.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I can't say for sure which Eeveelution I used first, but I know that the first time I played Red, I evolved my Eevee into Jolteon. It wasn't on the final team (would have taken too long to catch it up with my team), but I still carried it around with me...for no reason that I can think of, honestly haha. But it's my second favorite Eeveelution, and favorite of the original three, so yeah.

As for all three, I think they're all wonderful and like Vappy, I think they're some of the best designed Pokemon in gen I. I don't think anyone can deny that they're some of the most iconic Pokemon not only from gen I, but from the franchise as a whole. And they certainly hold up today in terms of design and lovability.

Years
The first (and only full) time that I played through Yellow, I decided to evolve my Eevee into a Vaporeon. At the time my team already had Charmeleon/Charizard, and I'd ditched Pikachu in favor of Zapdos, but I didn't have any good Water Pokemon, so I figured evolving my Eevee would be the best plan of attack at the time. I eventually replaced it with Lapras, but that's the first Eeveelution that I can say I actually used.

If I had to go back, though, I think I would've evolved Eevee into a Jolteon instead. I never really cared for Pikachu since you couldn't evolve it, but I still liked having an Electric type on my team. Sure, 7 year old me though it was fun to use legendaries, but I'd much rather use a regular Electric type at this point than Zapdos.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Mine was joiteon because it's fast as hell that and i released pikachu since it's point less I had zapdos but never used it because Mewtwo was my leader in my party but joiteon is way Faster then Mewtwo don't believe me go look at the stats they don't lie I'm done here

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I evolved my first Eevee into a Vaporeon, despite starting with Squirtle. I love Vaporeon's sprite in RB, as to me, it has more attitude. I checked my Vaporeon's gender on Pokemon Stadium 2, and it just so happened that I had a female Vaporeon that whole time, yay!

They are adorable and are great in battle as long as you can use Surf/Tbolt/Flamethrower on any enemy. Jolteon and Flareon did often suffer from having rather poor movepool options. Bah, still using Twineedle or Double Kick at level 60...

Years
Of the 3 original starter in order of preference i like in that in way:

1. Jolteon
2. Vaporeon
3. Flareon.

I chose in first place jolteon because i like more his design, with his peaks like lightnings, and his yellow color very striking.

Besides the other tow (vaporeon and flareon) have a inicial counterpart more powerful (blastoise and charizard).

For last, its more hard to find a good electric type than a water or fire type; for water there are many good pokemons like slowpoke, seadra, gyarados; and for fire type you can choose the powerful Arcanine or magmar) and in the case of electric pokemon just magneton, because raichu is some weak

In conclusion, i go with jolteon

Years
I chose Jolteon. I remember teaching it Flash to get through the Rock Tunnel.

I don't remember if it was on my final team.

Back