• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen September Corocoro: The Scoop of the Century? Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Same here. Unless Gf sees them as been OP enough to justify the knocking item off to nerf them, however that'll beg the question as to why they even made them (well six of the five as Mawile is far from OP) xD.

Haha but you can't be totally sure about Mawile! I mean with the new secondary typing it got, PLUS one of these new 'mega-evolutions', it might end up being super powerful. Unless you meant Mawile in regular form lol, in which I would agree with you. :P

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Don't see why they'd be battle only, but then again, Pirouette Meloetta is Battle only, but that's cause her change requires a move.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Don't see why they'd be battle only, but then again, Pirouette Meloetta is Battle only, but that's cause her change requires a move.

I'm not entirely surprised their battle-only. Look at the Torchic/Blaziken line. It's already fully evolved AND it's gotten a mega-evolution. Since it's always been established a Pokemon can't evolve more than twice (3 stages), then I'd say it's safe to say their more along the lines of 'super formes', in which this case they're being called 'mega-evolutions'. So honestly, I think they're definitely battle-only.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Ok so, this thread got 5 extra pages rather quickly. Did anyone expect something similar to the ''MegaPokemon'' leak? I hope this isn't true since it isn't confirmed either. There should be more leaks coming our way and we will get fully updated when we're able to take a look at the full CoroCoro information about this ''scoop of the century.''

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Ok so, this thread got 5 extra pages rather quickly. Did anyone expect something similar to the ''MegaPokemon'' leak? I hope this isn't true since it isn't confirmed either. There should be more leaks coming our way and we will get fully updated when we're able to take a look at the full CoroCoro information about this ''scoop of the century.''

Serebii posted the cover of the CoroCoro issue, confirming the mega-evolutions through the images on the cover. ;)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Although they showed 5 Megalutions, I am a little disappointed that they didn't show more new pokemon. One in which we saw a while ago and two that are just basics. I was hoping to be the 2nd stage of the starters. I don't think we will be getting anymore news from Corocoro this month.

WishCookie

Years
Serebii posted the cover of the CoroCoro issue, confirming the mega-evolutions through the images on the cover. ;)

I didn't know that then. Well, I'm actually considering if I should buy X and Y now to be honest. It kind of bothers me that Pokemon is about to become almost like Digimon. I hope that these MegaEvolutions doesn't have an entry in the Pokedex of Kalos. xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

I did actually expect something like this. I was expecting a focus on Mewtwo, its new form and info about it. I got exactly what I predicted + 5 more that share with the new form.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I didn't know that then. Well, I'm actually considering if I should buy X and Y now to be honest. It kind of bothers me that Pokemon is about to become almost like Digimon. I hope that these MegaEvolutions doesn't have an entry in the Pokedex of Kalos. xD

Just buy the games, you shouldn't have to reconsider just cause of this, if you're a fan of Pokemon, then buy em, there should be no questions, even if these don't appeal that much to you, you should still get the game for everything else it offers.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I did actually expect something like this. I was expecting a focus on Mewtwo, its new form and info about it. I got exactly what I predicted + 5 more that share with the new form.
It was kind of obvious they'll focus on Mewtwo considering the focused more on Sylveon and the fairy type last issue. This time it was Mewtwo and Mega evolutions...in a way both were a prelude of what was to come.
Wonder what we'll get next issue though...the new type chart and some more info on mega evolutions? More fairies and Mega evolutions?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just buy the games, you shouldn't have to reconsider just cause of this, if you're a fan of Pokemon, then buy em, there should be no questions, even if these don't appeal that much to you, you should still get the game for everything else it offers.

OMG Someone with sense!

I love you so much right now and wish I knew how to like your most multiple times to show this.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Although they showed 5 Megalutions, I am a little disappointed that they didn't show more new pokemon. One in which we saw a while ago and two that are just basics. I was hoping to be the 2nd stage of the starters. I don't think we will be getting anymore news from Corocoro this month.

This is actually perhaps the one thing that bothered me. I was hoping to see a bunch of new Pokemon, and while these are technically new designs, they're just new designs of old Mons'. So yeah, a bit disappointed about that, but the news is huge regardless and kind of makes up for that disappointment. Hope we get a healthy amount of new ones in the last X&Y-ccentric issue (next one should be the last before release of the game...right?)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

I doubt you'll be forced to use the new Megas, and if other Trainers in the game use 'em, then that would be a good thing. The Megas will probably increase the difficulty of the battles.

WishCookie

Years

I was sarcastic in that comment, lol. xD Of course I'll buy the game dude! I did also let the MegaEvolution leak sink in for a moment and I want my MegaAbsol. :)

Last edited:
Years
There's still one more issue to go out x/y coverage right? Time sure flew, it feels like just yesterday everyone was getting hyped up on the possible sylveon announcement haha

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
There's still one more issue to go out x/y coverage right? Time sure flew, it feels like just yesterday everyone was getting hyped up on the possible sylveon announcement haha
Sure does...We only have to wait out the rest of this month, September, and 11 days and we'll reach the 12th. In total we have 65 days left to go :3.

@ Xander. It is nice to see that some of us are willing to look at the whole picture not just this "blemish". The game has plenty to offer so people who don't like Mega evolutions if you like every else so far then you should buy it.

WishCookie

Years
Sure does...We only have to wait out the rest of this month, September, and 11 days and we'll reach the 12th. In total we have 65 days left to go :3.

Shouldn't we get a full CoroCoro X and Y leak in about a week or something? Or is this leak everything we get this time around?

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Shouldn't we get a full CoroCoro X and Y leak in about a week or something? Or is this leak everything we get this time around?

This will probably be everything. We usually get all pages within a day or so.

WishCookie

Years
This will probably be everything. We usually get all pages within a day or so.

Well, this is kind of disappointing. I sure want my MegaAbsol aka the new Alicorn but I really wanted my starter evolution at least. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back