• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Do you have a list of all of your different hunts? You've got to be approaching a record by now, if you haven't already passed it. The best of luck to you, especially for Litwick!!

Yes, I have a list on my computer that I use to keep track of all of my hunts. So far I've hatched 3,601 eggs on 27 different hunts. I don't know if that's a record or not. It might be with the gen 5 odds, but if you include gen 4, I doubt it. The Litwick hunt is currently at 2,175 eggs. The Gastly hunt ended at 110, so I now have every member of my competitive team hatched. I'll probably start EV training next month. My other active hunt, Skarmory, is at 66 eggs. Thanks for wishing me luck!

I think chaining and breeding are perfectly fine ways of obtaining shinies. Hacking to get a shiny is the only method I don't agree with. I've never hatched a shiny (not including gen 2's 1/64 odds) or got one from chaining, and yet I've caught 6 shinies from random encounters, and failed to catch a 7th one.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
No, I don't think there is anything wrong with using any technique of legitimate shiny hunting. It is all about having fun. However you go about having your fun well that is your decision.

On another note I haven't made it very far with either of my hunts since last update, but I got this burning feeling that soon I will be the proud owner of either a shiny Gulpin or Unown. Best luck to all of us on our respective shiny hunts

Gulpin: 354 Eggs
Unown: 263 RE's

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Sorry guys schools started so havent been posting or huning for a LOOOONG!!! time lol :D
I actually agree with G-money cuz MMing AND chaining is kinda simple and boring . (I know i use to chain ! ( all pre evo shinys chained :P ) )
Well i've only just a couple of months ago started REing shinies and it actually makes me happier than my chain at 90 (on pearl) :D

Oh and the other week my friend got an Action Replay i said let me play abit. When i encountered a shiny caterpie on his HG i was utterly gob smacked. İt gave me no pleasure at all. İnfact it made me angry so i snapped the AR in two. Now hes still angry at me but i think i have done a good deed :):) :P

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
My last post was NOT SPAM I just forgot to put that i'm hunting for a shiny Patrat, ya know if the mods here took the time to contact users about unusually bad posts then it would be a far better place

Anyways yea i'm goin for a Patrat next idk if im RE or hatching for it or both lol, any suggestions?

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I'm thinking about just running around in a route soon for a few days and see if a shiny pops up. I really don't know what to hunt and I have a feeling if I tried to RE something specific it would not end up being that. And I want it to be a unova pokemon.... Any suggestions on a route to skip along?

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
I'm thinking about just running around in a route soon for a few days and see if a shiny pops up. I really don't know what to hunt and I have a feeling if I tried to RE something specific it would not end up being that. And I want it to be a unova pokemon.... Any suggestions on a route to skip along?

How about in Pinwheel Forestt there's quite a few pokes in there ^_^
Hope you find something ^_^

marcc5m

what
Years
My last post was NOT SPAM I just forgot to put that i'm hunting for a shiny Patrat, ya know if the mods here took the time to contact users about unusually bad posts then it would be a far better place

Anyways yea i'm goin for a Patrat next idk if im RE or hatching for it or both lol, any suggestions?

It was SPAM. There are loads of posts deleted every day, the staff don't have time to contact every single member who SPAMs.

Anyway, I haven't done any hunting in a while. I'm going to try and learn to chain shinies once I beat Platinum and go for a Starly.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
It was SPAM. There are loads of posts deleted every day, the staff don't have time to contact every single member who SPAMs.

Anyway, I haven't done any hunting in a while. I'm going to try and learn to chain shinies once I beat Platinum and go for a Starly.

I didn't say every SPAM post I said "unusually bad post" ie that person never SPAMS

Anyways no luck with Patrat yet :( i've hatched quite a few eggs lol

marcc5m

what
Years
Okay so I was looking through my ROMs folder today, and found Pokemon Lilac.
When looking through my party I noticed something I had completely forgotten about.
...A shiny Wooper.
And it wasn't through an event in the hack or anything before anyone asks, it was a completely random Wooper. I want to trade this into my Platinum, and then maybe White.
The only problem is that I don't have any way of sending it from my ROM to my actual game.
So I was just wondering, if anyone has a flash cart, would they mind helping me out? I'd really appreciate it.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I've resumed shiny hunting again, apparently for the first time since July 23rd!!! (from Pearl's Journal) I had no idea that I had taken so long to make a competitive team, "lol." And it's not even done! But whatever, I missed shiny hunting and I'm back at SRing for Palkia. 5124 SRs done so far (I had left off at 4906).

If you want a chikorita i can get you one lol

Haha, that's alright. Thanks for the offer, but the only shinies that are valuable to me are the ones I get myself. The journey is half the fun, or something like that. ;)

I will avenge the Chiko I SRed over!! And I'll get a shiny Cyndaquil and Totodile while I'm at it, just you watch! *shakes fist at shiny gods*

Yes, I have a list on my computer that I use to keep track of all of my hunts. So far I've hatched 3,601 eggs on 27 different hunts...

:cer_disbelief:

The area in front of Victory Road has some really cool Pokemon, particularly Heatmor and Fraxure. Heatmor's shiny form just looks awesome!

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! May we receive a shiny soon! *hopes next post is a shiny sighting*

EDIT: My 100th post!! Whoo!!!!! :cer_boogie:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
*hopes next post is a shiny sighting*

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no shiny sighting here.

This week's random shiny hunt is... Karrablast!

This week I am focusing on filling out my Pokédex, so I won't be spending much time MMing.

My Hunts
Litwick: 2,240
Skarmory: 149 (done; was breeding for good IVs)
Burmy: 5 (done; for Pokédex)
Durant: 4 (done; was breeding for good IVs)

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 5, 2012
ah i know what you mean g-money, good luck in your hunt.

I did randomly encounter a shiny drowzee while running up and down to hatch eggs lol.

jordsters

The master of... TEH FLOON
Years
Hi! I'm Jordsters and I'd like to join the club! I love Shinies, especially Shiny Drifloon! I'd be extra, extra happy if I got in! Thanks,

Jordsters

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no shiny sighting here.

Well, it was worth a shot. :)

ah i know what you mean g-money, good luck in your hunt.

I did randomly encounter a shiny drowzee while running up and down to hatch eggs lol.

Thanks! Good luck to you, too! And that's awesome, getting a random shiny while hatching eggs! I bet you were pleasantly surprised. :bandit:

Well, my Patrat hunt is over a friend traded one to me (im sooooooo lazy sometimes) I have no idea what is next for me though

Well, that was anticlimactic. It's often frustrating to puts lots of effort into shunting and seemingly have no result, but if you stick with it, you'll eventually get that which you seek. :cer_nod:

I hope you stay on the hunt next time so you can get your own shiny! Good luck on your next hunt!

Hi! I'm Jordsters and I'd like to join the club! I love Shinies, especially Shiny Drifloon! I'd be extra, extra happy if I got in! Thanks,

Jordsters

Welcome to the club!! We're really glad to have you! *thrilled to have a new member*

What shinies do you have (if any!)? What are you hunting or planning to hunt?

I love shiny Drifloon too - its color scheme, especially at night, is one of the very best!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~fancy separation~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5214 Palkia

Last edited:

jordsters

The master of... TEH FLOON
Years
What shinies do you have (if any!)? What are you hunting or planning to hunt?

I love shiny Drifloon too - it's color scheme, especially at night, is one of the very best!

Well, I have

1. A Shiny (Random Encounter) Geodude
2. Event Shiny Raikou, Shiny Entei, and Shiny Suicune
3. A Shiny Drifloon

I really don't know what I'm going to hunt... I'll have to think about that...

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I actually did a HG run where if it was SRable, I would SR it shiny... I didn't get everything since after a while I could barely get myself to play. But I did get my starter, the eevee, sudowoodo, the dratini, lapras, tyrogue, ho-oh, snorlax and Lugia. :o

I named the character Sarrow.... Ya know... play on words with Sorrow. XD My starter and the Tyrogue joined the fun. Agunie (Agony) and Peign (Pain)

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 5, 2012
Made me laugh for about 10 minutes XD to much caffeine i suppose lol.
My hunt on white isnt doing as good 907 eggs and no shiny litwick in sight.... I really want to get on to a furret too -_-

Back