• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Hey Everyone. Tajaros only has 7 more scripts to insert before he sends it back to me. Then, I'll put everything together & finalize it all. On that note however, we're still missing a title screen. I've tried countless times, Tajaros said he'll give it a shot but he's not too sure either. So I'm asking any viewers on the thread; If anyone will be available in the upcoming week(s) & knows how to insert a titlescreen, (It can be any design you desire, just as long as it's dark & has Arceus's sprite on it) please PM Me. Thank You!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDG1ODWMHfs Try this, this may work, this was from SkyHippowdon, he made a tutorial on how to insert a titlescreen, even though this was on a Ruby Hack, this may work.

Years
I have a question, do pokemon sprites need to be made by copy/paste method, or can they be customed? Doing custom stuff is much easier for me, so it would be great if it was possible.

I ask, because Darguis is clearly a sprite made from copy/pasting, Darkrai's body, Rayquaza arms etc. Is it a must?

Edit: I tried to add some shading to Sydney, perhaps you can look closer and tell me wheter it will be ok?
Edit2: Derp, I know I am rushing it, but these sprites are soo cute :3

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_ Volcanix769

Thanks, I appriciate it. I'll check it out soon.

@_ KageBunji

You're better off asking Midnightshine or Tajaros questions about spriting. I'm sure once they view this thread, they'll answer your Qs. Or, simply PM them. I can see Oren's sprite, but the other 2 images are white boxes with a red X in them.

I'm currently beta testing the first half & I've decided during the day of release, I'll either post or add an attachment notepad of the locations where you can find all of the GRASS/WATER/FIRE Starters. I'm doing this because the percentage of finding them in their locations is 2%(Took me forever to find Cyndaquil) & there's only a 50/50 chance the one you catch has an EXP.SHARE. An even harder capture, is to find a Torchic with the EXP.SHARE AND have it's Speed Boost Ability. So due to the low percentage of them appearing in their locations, I'm simply going to tell you all where they are on the day of release. Some of em, like Chimchar & Torchic, are in the same locations.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
@_ Volcanix769

Thanks, I appriciate it. I'll check it out soon.

@_ KageBunji

You're better off asking Midnightshine or Tajaros questions about spriting. I'm sure once they view this thread, they'll answer your Qs. Or, simply PM them. I can see Oren's sprite, but the other 2 images are white boxes with a red X in them.

I'm currently beta testing the first half & I've decided during the day of release, I'll either post or add an attachment notepad of the locations where you can find all of the GRASS/WATER/FIRE Starters. I'm doing this because the percentage of finding them in their locations is 2%(Took me forever to find Cyndaquil) & there's only a 50/50 chance the one you catch has an EXP.SHARE. An even harder capture, is to find a Torchic with the EXP.SHARE AND have it's Speed Boost Ability. So due to the low percentage of them appearing in their locations, I'm simply going to tell you all where they are on the day of release. Some of em, like Chimchar & Torchic, are in the same locations.

so, that means all starters from kanto to unova? (sorry for obious fact just to be sure...), OH MY GOD, the more info you give...the more i want to play this even this is the first beta : D i don't want to sound harsh on this but, can say if you will release the beta today/tomorrow or during this week?, oh, forgot a essencial extra question, is scyther within beta 1, and it will evolve by level or item without trade?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_ Gold011

Sorry, but I don't think the beta will be released this week. Can't really say when, but it'll be this month. My partner still has a few scripts to insert. Then when he sends the scripted copy back to me, I have to play thru the 2nd half of the beta/insert all of the finalized custom sprites & OWs, and add a tiny bit of last touches to the beta.
But yes, all of the starters from Kanto thru Unova are in the game. Each of em in different locations. The order pattern is something like this off the top of my head; (The ones with the / means they are in the same area. All of the starters are the rarest pokemon to appear in their respective areas.)

Bulbasuar-Cyndaquil-Squirtle-Mudkip-Charmander-Chikorita-Chimchar/Torchic-Treecko/Snivy-Totodile-Oshawott/Piplup

Tepig & Turtwig are the only starters who won't be in beta 1. Tepig will be in the magma cave early in beta 2(Already have that place maped) & Turtwig even earlier on Plain Field. Which is where I plan to start Beta 2 at.

As for Scyther, yes, he's in beta 1 in the same area as Treecko & Snivy called Grass Isle. Which is on the side of Mystic Falls. The 3rd major city. All pokemon who required a trade to evolve will evolve at either lv 45 or 48(I believe Rhydon evolves into Rhyperior at 48 off the top of my head).

I can assure you, this hack will be very fun & has alot of replay value. All of the favorites are in, from Reuniclus to Lucario to Zoroark, to even...Ambipom? Plus with the addition of every pokemon learning their best egg moves by lv up, it's gonna be a blast to play. The wait will be worth it.

Forgot To Mention: I know there's alot of Chandelure fans out there, but I have somewhat bad news. As I've said, I been working on Beta 2 already & I'm currently at the 7th major city events and well...Litwick is finally making it's appearance. I know that's pretty deep in the hack for such a highly loved pokemon, but it fits the area. It's in the same castle as the Yugi/Giratina event. Sorry guys, no Chandelure for awhile...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
OK, guys. I'm done with the recolor. Tell me if you still want a redo.

darugis_redone_version_64x64__not_for_public__v2__by_thepokemonfusionist-d56sp7p.png

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I have a question, do pokemon sprites need to be made by copy/paste method, or can they be customed? Doing custom stuff is much easier for me, so it would be great if it was possible.

I ask, because Darguis is clearly a sprite made from copy/pasting, Darkrai's body, Rayquaza arms etc. Is it a must?

Edit: I tried to add some shading to Sydney, perhaps you can look closer and tell me wheter it will be ok?
Edit2: Derp, I know I am rushing it, but these sprites are soo cute :3

By copy\pasting do you mean fusions from other sprites?

No copy\pasting isn't a must, you can really just made custom sprites if you want but it'll take a lot of work for me, just make the old sprites as your reference... :)

And about the sprites you posted I have already fix there errors and I already send those to DRG so there's no need for that.. :)

For now you can make custom sprites to our older sprites by having them posed differently just make sure they're in 16 colors and in 64x64... :)

OK, guys. I'm done with the recolor. Tell me if you still want a redo.

darugis_redone_version_64x64__not_for_public__v2__by_thepokemonfusionist-d56sp7p.png

Nice it looks, much, much better now..... :)

Years
Sure thing Tajaros. I will look in the thread for old/not final versions I guess.

Miss DRG, could you please post some list of what's needed etc. in terms of sprites?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
It's based on my idea of an evil pokemon for the hack. I used those 3 pokemon because of their individual stats and overall look. So Darugis will have Rayquaza's Atk/Sp.Atk, Lugia's Def/Sp.Def, and Darkrai's Speed with the ability Shadow Tag. It also the same base HP as Blissey but I wouldn't dare add any part of Blissey on it's sprite :D. It also has it's own attack move but I'm not gonna say nothing about that. Through-out the hack the player has to battle the shadow forms of Lugia/Rayquaza. Darkrai is Darugis's main vessel so you can't free Darkrai from Darugis. The Lugia battle will happen at the end of the 2nd beta. The Rayquaza battle is opinional but if you do the battle, you can get it's normal form for yourself.

Well, I'm done talking about the events and stuff. I just want you all to play already! So, just like everyone else, I'll patiently wait for Tajaros...(No Pressure btw buddy ^.^)

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
I think level 48 and 45 is a bit late for some Pokemon to evolve like I don't want to have my Shelmet or Karrablast evolve at level 48 or 45, I'd prefer if they evolved at a lower level like 33. So Eevee is found in nursery road, correct? So when or how would I be able to get a Glaceon? Will it be easy to switch between teams like having 24 different Pokemon that I can use at anytime. Will there be a lot of ice types early in the game? Maybe in a random cave or an icy forest or something? And lastly will Lilligant be able to be caught quite early? I really want to use Lilligant for some reason.

Volcanix769

Years
It's based on my idea of an evil pokemon for the hack. I used those 3 pokemon because of their individual stats and overall look. So Darugis will have Rayquaza's Atk/Sp.Atk, Lugia's Def/Sp.Def, and Darkrai's Speed with the ability Shadow Tag. It also the same base HP as Blissey but I wouldn't dare add any part of Blissey on it's sprite :D. It also has it's own attack move but I'm not gonna say nothing about that. Through-out the hack the player has to battle the shadow forms of Lugia/Rayquaza. Darkrai is Darugis's main vessel so you can't free Darkrai from Darugis. The Lugia battle will happen at the end of the 2nd beta. The Rayquaza battle is opinional but if you do the battle, you can get it's normal form for yourself.

Well, I'm done talking about the events and stuff. I just want you all to play already! So, just like everyone else, I'll patiently wait for Tajaros...(No Pressure btw buddy ^.^)

I'm glad it's like 90-95% done! When it gets released, I'll try to do an event thing or walkthrough of it on my YouTube account! I can't wait, and I'll choose Bagon as my starter!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_ Glaceon12

Actually, the 2 pokemon you posted evolve into their evolutions at Lv40. Glaceon/Leafeon are in the hack. Glaceon will be available first beta near Iceland City. Leafeon, in beta 2 on Plain Field. However, due to Yape not being able to make a pokemon have more then 5 evolutions, Leafeon/Glaceon are on there own. Eevee does not evolve into them. I mentioned the locations of the 2, but how to get them I won't spoil yet. Also, don't worry about the levels your pokemon will evolve. Due to the egg moves being lv up moves now, your pokemon will be strong and can hold their own. But that also means the special characters like Kayo, or the gym leaders, are very tough. The first gym leader's Heatmor is very difficult to beat due to you probably still having your dragon starter's first form at around lv18-20. Also, Lilligant didn't make the pokemon in-game cut...Sorries. (Although there's still about 6-7 more spots left for ordinary pokemon.)

@_ Volcanix769

Great, sounds good. I picked Bagon first too. Although in my opinion, Dragonite is the best as you progress through as it has Hurricane & Roost. Salamence has Hydro Pump/Roost though...Then there's Garchomp with the deadly Swords Dance/Earthquake...All 3 are good, whatever. ^.^

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
Those two Pokemon were just the first suggestions based on that I like when Pokemon don't take forever to evolve like Deino, he was a pain. So if I breed to get a Glaceon egg it'll hatch into a level 5 Glaceon? Cool. That saddens me... I was kinda hoping Lilligant would be in the game, but it doesn't really matter. What will happen to Pokemon who evolve by stone like Snorunt and Misdreavus? (if they made the cut)
I think I'll start with Gible, he seems happy.

Volcanix769

Years
@_ Volcanix769

Great, sounds good. I picked Bagon first too. Although in my opinion, Dragonite is the best as you progress through as it has Hurricane & Roost. Salamence has Hydro Pump/Roost though...Then there's Garchomp with the deadly Swords Dance/Earthquake...All 3 are good, whatever. ^.^

True, but in Bulbapedia, Salamence is faster. I hardly use Bagon so I'm just using it as a Starter. And Houndour is there, right? You can quote the comments you know.

Last edited:
Years
Dratini as starter all the way. 1st generation is the best out there, and I ain't gonna change my mind, heh. Really neat starters btw :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_ Volcanix769

Yea I know I can qoute, but I don't do it. Idk why lol

@_Glaceon12

All pokemon who had an evolution in the 4th generation will be in the hack. Also, the pokemon who evolved from a stone that was not in fire red will evolve by lv up. Misdreaveus & Murkrow evolve at lv40. Snorut evolves into frosslass by moon stone. Electibuzz & magmar evolve by thunder/firestone which is actually available in the 3rd major city. Elekid & Magby are in nursery road, which is a small distance from that city. Togetic evolves by moon stone. kirlia evolves into Gallade by moon stone. Or you can lv her up til she evolved into gardevoir. The 3rd gym leader has both on her team...

@_Kagebunji

Dratini is a good choice as Dragonair learns very good egg moves by level up. Icy Wind & Heat Wave come to mind. Dragon Pulse is also in the hack...

Tajaros will answer any other Qs. I'll be inactive until he's done.

Back