• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So, how's everyone doing? How's school or work?

School is pretty bleh as usual but I'm trying to keep my mind off it. Been poking around the GTS for some nice trades but in the end all I see are people asking for lv. 9 and under Zekroms or lv. 100 Sandiles. :(((

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Level 100 Sandiles? lol Yeah GTS sucks when it comes to looking for legit trades. :(

Reactions: EB

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I remember when the GTS was actually useful. That was like Diamond/Pearl days though haha. And even then there were still trolly trades. Sorry, I don't want to trade my Mew for your Zigzagoon.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I used the GTS for Pokedex completion :)

I would trade my Ditto for any Pokemon that aren't legendaries and people would accept them :)

Last edited:
Years
I haven't logged in in a while (haven't much time to play lat alone trade) & noticed this trade plaza thing I hadn't noticed before... I'm intrigued...

tabor62

Years
Actually Trade Plaza is just a renamed Trade Shops haha. Mostly since it wasn't only just shops that were in the sub-forum.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Level 100 Sandiles? lol Yeah GTS sucks when it comes to looking for legit trades. :(

Level 100 Sandiles now? ... Knowing me I'd probably attempt to get a Sandile up to that level grinding in the league if it was a Pokemon I really wanted haha, the only thing I ever got off the GTS is a shiny Graveler which evolved upon arrival.
I forgot what I traded for it, it was in a master ball though possibly because the player was paranoid that it would blow up!

tabor62

Years
Level 100 Sandiles now? ... Knowing me I'd probably attempt to get a Sandile up to that level grinding in the league if it was a Pokemon I really wanted haha, the only thing I ever got off the GTS is a shiny Graveler which evolved upon arrival.
I forgot what I traded for it, it was in a master ball though possibly because the player was paranoid that it would blow up!

Hmm, I'm always suspicious of Shiny Pokemon from the GTS, especially if it's in a Master Ball. I suggest you use Pokecheck to find out if it's legal or not.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Curious if anyone can point to me where it was stated that the Shiny Creation Trio was a pre-order bonus only? I found multiple GameStop stores not running the Dialga Promotion, and over the weekend stopped in one store and when they saw me attempting to download the shiny (I was getting an error stating no gifts were found) the store staff approached me. I explained that I was only there for the event. They told me I could not download it without pre-ordering. I talked to two store staff, and finally the store manager. I was told that once I paid my pre-order they would turn the DS behind the counter on long enough for me to download. I ended up doing that, even though I was attempting to wait to pre-order hoping that we would get a decent pre-order bonus announced(such as the figrues we got for HG/SS).

While I was still downloading (I was trying to download on all my games before they shut it off... I have two copies each of B/W as well as one each of B2/W2... for a total of six Dialgas). A woman and her son(I would say an 8 year old) got told they were not allowed to download the event without paying for it, and were in my opinion give a minor hassle.

This just felt seriously wrong. I would not be upset if this was say a Dream World Poke that we were given a unique serial for each pre-order, then I would be fine. But seriously. This was a stupid way to attempt to force this. As I was already going to pre-order anyway it was no biggie for me, but watching them hassle a small child and basically accuse him of theft over a download that is being offered on basically a public frequency. Just felt like that was bad business.

I have looked at both Nintendo and GameStops ads, and see nothing that states you need to pre-order. The adds seem to imply that they WANT you to while you are in the store, sure.

Anyone have any decent information on this?

(Also kind of curious now what will happen when I try to go get my Palkia... will they say I have to pre-order another copy???)

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
It is NOT a pre-order event. The guys at your Gamestop is scamming the hell out of you. You should send a report to corporate. (I doubt the bigwigs there will take you seriously though.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
The events are free and open to download for anyone. You do not have to preorder for it. Those employees are taking advantage of the event. Ugh hate people like that. >:[ But anyways, the creation trio is a free, local wifi event open to anyone with a DS and gen 5 game. If I were you, I would do something about those employees.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thanks guys. This is exactly what I suspected. At least one of the local stores I think do not have a working DS to load the event on... and I know a previous event they claimed to not know how it worked and "gave the cartridge to the first customer looking for it" which I think was code for "someone who worked here took it home."

I told the manager of that store that in the past the events have never been a pre-order bonus (and cited the Keldo, and Genesect from a year ago for B2/W2... and the Shiny Crown Beasts, and Celebi from just before B/W as examples of this.) They stated that yes that WAS true, but this time it is for pre-order customers only.

For my own use, since I planned on buying them right away it was not a huge deal. I just did not know if I was pre-ordering at GameStop or a different retailer. The people this hurts is the younger crowd (you know the real "intended market" who the games are really aimed at). I am sure that the most of the children who play Pokemon are waiting to recieve their games Christmas morning... unless they have a birthday between now and then. To tell them they can't get their shiny Creation Trio I think is just wrong and sad.

tabor62

Years
Do you have a smart phone? If you're in Powerup Rewards, GameStop should have sent you the email about the Palkia that you can wave that in their face because the title is "Shiny Palkia is FREE at GameStop!". Or find some other proof that it's free on their own website or Pokemon/Nintendo's. Though with people like that it probably won't work :l Threatening to report them may or may not work? idk

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
It should be done anyway. If the event is free and these guys are taking advantage of it and forcing people to pay, that's actually fraud (or falls under something else, idr). Those guys are the bottom of the slop of Gamestop employees and makes the franchise look bad. It's got its own problems already without these guys mucking it up and the kids whose parents are anti-gaming are ---- outta luck if the employees stick around. This is my super-vengeful side speaking. >:3

In other news, my Gamestop didn't get the event cart /again/ so no Dialga for me. Hnnnnnng. The store manager says he's not holding his breath for the Giratana event. :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Aww that sucks. :( And don't you mean Palkia Griffy? Also, I still haven't gotten any of my Dialgas RNG'd; haven't had the motivation or time. :[ (someone kick me to RNG please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back