• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Multiple likes by same user

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
See attachment.

And should people be able to like their own posts? I mean, why not, but I've seen this as well and don't know if it's intended.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I just REALLY liked that one post. Anyway, it has to do with server lag and things like that.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Holy Mackerel. And hey, that's my post! :D

Doesn't that sort of thing usually happens when there's a lag or something? From either side.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Intentional or not, the system really should be disabled. This happens a lot - Not as many as this case, generally 1 or 2 extras (Although these are intentional - I do remember someone saying that they figured out how to trick the system into accepting multipule likes from the same person.) - so the system really should be disabled until it can be fixed to prevent this.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't think it's srs bznss enough to need to be disabled due to a small glitch. Who's it hurting?

It is intentional that people can like their own posts though.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Its even worse in this pic.
Spoiler:

I know its just a glitch, but its kinda weird and a bit annoying when it happens, even if it doesn't harm anything and should be fixed somehow.

Last edited:

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
I've noticed it on a few posts, so even though a glitch, it seems harmless.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
It's not a big enough deal to disable the whole system for until we've fixed it and it's also, as far as I'm aware, not high on the priorities list. The only problem I can see is that people get more likes than they really should be for their posts, but honestly... unless you're counting likes it shouldn't really matter. Multi-liking is annoying, yeah, but I'd not really say it's a system-breaking problem.

As for people liking their own posts, I very rarely see it happen (in fact I've seen someone like their own post on one occasion iirc) but I don't have a problem with it being disabled. A person wouldn't post something if they didn't like what it said, I imagine.

edit: omfg dying

Last edited:
Years
I definitely do think it should be fixed but when your total amount of likes don't show on your profile it's not that big of a deal, methinks. It's something you can look past most of the time!

droomph

weeb
Years
I think…

You know, why not. This isn't a ROM hacking forum or a Lawsuit (or other serious business) forum, here's not a serious enough atmosphere to have to fix it. We're about Pokémon and fun. Seriously, stay in the DCC. You'll notice that we don't speak like professionals :p And the debates, they're not going in the Supreme Court Records, so why care?

And honestly, sometimes, you need to express your agreement with it, so you like it multiple times. That's what that means in "like-speak".

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Realistically, is it that big of a deal? I find it heck annoying yes, but I certainly don't think it's one of the worst issues. Plus, it's not really hurting anyone, and it's not like it can be abused for personal gain, because you don't really recieve any reward from getting a like in the first place. (Besides a little satisfaction).

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Not really a new problem, I've had it before and it's not that harmful :I

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Members who've liked Razor Leaf's post
Team Fail, Team Fail, Team Fail, Team Fail, Team Fail, Team Fail, Livewire, Pachy, Pachy, Pachy, ★Hoenn★, ★Hoenn★, ★Hoenn★, ★Hoenn★, ★Hoenn★, ★Hoenn★, TwilightBlade, TwilightBlade, TwilightBlade, TwilightBlade

Lol this is rather simple to abuse. If like-givers were hidden, then seeing a post with 20+ likes could make someone's head spin. Luckily, all members have the option to see who liked a post, so it shouldn't cause any problems.

Back