• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who was your MVP?

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
That's a tough question. In Black 2 my Krookodile has been amazing. It just keeps on winning battles for me. But I think Lucario is my team's MVP. It saved me early in the game against some of the Gym Leaders and it's just a great Pokemon in general.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Black 2 - Crobat. I first met my Zubat in the castelia sewers... From there on it did nothing but do me good. I didn't pay much attention to nature but it came with -Sp. Att +Def. Fast pokemon are always good for playing the campaign :)
I ran Acrobatics, Fly(rarely ever used in battle), X-Scissor, Cross-Poison.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
Years
I get to the Pokemon League and say, Wouldn't it be cool to enter the Elite Four with just one Pokemon?

So I chose my EV trained Gyarados that I raised from an egg. Once I'd gotten through the Elite Four, I easily took out the Champion.

No prob.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
My MVP in White 2 was Stoutland, which I bred on my White version for the purpose of making it my White 2 starter. It has "outstanding" IVs, I can't remember which stats are 31 though. It pretty much wrecked everything with Return. It wouldh've been ever more beast if it had Intimidate as it's ability.

Another beast that carried me through the main game was Excadrill.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
First playthrough, MVP was a tie between Whimsicott and Azumarill. Whimsicott was THE go-to for physical attackers with Prankster Charm and Leech Seed, while Azumarill with its great movepool and Huge Power annihilated things with Ice Punch and Waterfall. I don't really think I can put one over the other as they both were very good in different situations.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Magneton, which had Sturdy. Surviving on 1 HP gave me ample time to use items, or stall for a miss. Relying on Sturdy stall was my Trump Card.

Years
For me, it was a tie between Vaporeon and Arcanine. Vapy was a freaking tank, could sit there and take hits all day. So was Arcanine but the fire attacks were insanely powerful and OP.

Years
I'd say Starmie was my most used poke during the E4, I suppose that would count as my MVP. Good speed and coverage with Surf, Ice beam, Psychic and Thunderwave.

Back