• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Minami Trainer's Guild OOC (PG-17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'll try to get caught up on the IC and get a post up when I get home from work tonight.

And a quick note myself for Alii6, that's why they made spell check.

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
Years
If you're looking for some drama in turn, I wouldn't mind. Just be aware that Gavin might... Overreact.

And, obviously, I've posted, meaning that sign-ups are officially closed. So let's get started, and may God have mercy on us all.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Oh good lord. I missed it by mere minutes, and this is the only RP here that looks truly interesting. Can you sneak one more in? I can make up a reason for being a late-comer, if you so desire. Profile to come if you say yes.

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
Years
You're one of the nine riders of the Apocalypse, aren't you?

You weren't supposed to find out this soon. We'll have to rectify this situation.

txteclipse: We're willing to take more, but you'll have to particularly distinguish yourself in your profile and sample. Please post it in this thread and we'll let you know when we make a decision.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
All right. This would be my first RP, but I'm hoping my lack of experience with this sort of thing will be made up for with my writing know-how. I'm kind of guessing that, given the fact that pokeballs exist and that there seems to be a holographic training center, there is some level of technology at this school. Therefore, I took the liberty of assuming that there is school-wide wifi and that the setting time-wise is similar to the games and anime. I did my best to follow the description, anyways, and here's the profile.

Name: Kai

Appearance: Kai is a white male, and stands at five feet, eleven inches tall. He weighs 125 pounds, and is exactly 4% body fat even though he is not very athletic. His build could be considered lanky, except there is absolutely no awkwardness in his movements. Dark brown hair grows down just past his ears on the sides and almost to the collar-line in the back: he has parted it on the right side for his entire life, and it therefore stays that way without combing. His hazel eyes are hooded most of the time, causing him to appear bored. However: if a subject arises that interests him, or if he is in an argument, his eyes grow very intense, almost glaring. His face is narrow and angular, and he shaves every morning, both directions, unless he is absorbed in his studies. If it is warm weather, he enjoys wearing t-shirts that are bright in design and color, preferably blue, along with cargo shorts that extend past his knees. In cold weather he wears short-collared jackets that zip all the way up the front, also colorful, along with cargo pants that bunch a little on his shoes. Said shoes are almost invariably leather, and are of a design that could be considered both classy and street-ready.

Personality: Kai is quiet most of the time, and prefers to sit back and absorb information from his surroundings with a calculating eye rather than engage in conversation. He is extremely calm, to the point where he could be called cold. Very intelligent, he is bothered when others do not see solutions to problems quickly and bristles at incompetence. He is quick to point out the mistakes of others, publicly and painfully or privately and with the intent of betterment depending on whether he respects that individual: not many fall under the latter category.

Despite his abrasive nature, he has a strict moral compass and will not tolerate blatant wrongdoing, although he is not above bending certain rules as long as he doesn't break them. He has no stomach for bullying, stealing, or the like, and will violently oppose any form of prejudice or preying upon the weak. He has a soft spot for his pokemon, and takes insults to it as his own and acts accordingly. He can also count the amount of times he has uttered a swear word on one hand: he takes pride in his well-developed vocabulary, and sees cussing as a sign of unintelligence.

Kai enjoys foreign food, tinkering with his beloved computer (and anything else electronic or mechanical), as well as making small devices for his pokemon to utilize. His best subjects are English and the sciences, and his worst is history. He writes and draws from time to time, and believes that a grasp of art is helpful to balance his logical and emotional sides.

History: Kai's parents divorced when he was eight, and custody of him fell to his father. His father was a very strict person, whose personality much matches the boy's. The man believed that an education was first and foremost important, and brought up Kai with that in mind. His love of knowledge was passed on, as well as, some would say unfortunately, his painfully honest mannerisms.

At fourteen, along with his classmates, Kai was given his companion pokemon: a Porygon. It was the first fully functional, code-based creature ever created, and was granted to Kai to beta test in recognition of his skill with technology. Over the course of four years, the pair has become utterly inseparable, and Porygon's unique abilities to interface with nearly all forms of computer-based technology have granted Kai access to much more information and brought out more latent skill than he could have access to alone.

Kai moved permanently to the local dormitories at The Minami Trainer's Guild when he turned eighteen, and now lives there permanently.

Pokemon: Porygon

Class Schedule: Physics, Calculus, History of Human/Pokemon Relations, Creative Writing, Drawing, Aikido, Terrain Battle.

RP Sample:

The design was simple: two aluminum bars running parallel to one another, bent close at the ends and pointing like an Ariados' pincers. The opposite ends were attached to the respective poles of a large and weighty capacitor, which was mounted to a digital interface with two lengths of hose clamp. The large amount of electricity involved in materializing the contraption into existence would charge the capacitor, and then Porygon would need only touch the ends to another pokemon. It was strictly a one-use device, but Kai heavily doubted that anything short of a Rampardos would be getting up any time soon after being subjected to the shock it would generate. That, coupled with the fact that tomorrow's terrain would be water, left no doubt in the young man's mind that he and Porygon would have no trouble in their Terrain Battle class. He glanced at the clock: 2:00 A.M. Not great, but he had gotten by on less sleep before.

He stood up from his workplace and walked over to his monstrosity of a p.c., the innards of the machine glowing neon blue through the clear side panel, and placed the improvised taser on a large round pad beside it. After a few laserboard strokes, the pad began to glow, and then the taser itself lit up. It quickly disintegrated, the p.c. digitizing its simple build quite easily, and then the speakers chimed as a message appeared on the screen. "Object Download to FileName: PoryWeps Successful. Data Construct Error Rate: 0.00%"

"Good," Kai thought to himself, powering the p.c. down for the night. All Porygon had to do tomorrow was download the taser using the school-wide wifi, materialize it, and go to town. He imagined what his opponent's expression would be like upon losing, and fell asleep with a smile...only to wake up an hour later with a frown. He had forgotten to do his HoH/PR homework.

Last edited:

N-XIGE

Ascension: Success Story
Years
It's quite a long time since I RPed, and so, and due to the fact that I made this RP today (the same day I saw the RP), my registration may be a little bit shabby….

I just felt it was prerequisite that I put this.

Name: Terry McGrant

Appearance:
Terry has a pale Alpine-like Caucasian skin that tends to be oily most of the time due to excessive body worshipping. With two silver earrings at the bottom of his left outer-ear, the piercing on the inner part of the ear are hidden. Terry has 'not-so long' finger nails which are one of his many prides, and are hardly hidden except when he wears his black winter gloves.

Terry wears an off-white T-shirt with a plane metallic dog-tag hanging around his neck under a green-grey leather jacket that has fur around its hood. Below, he wears a pair of baggy indigo track-suit trousers that reach the sole behind his footwear…his choice of foot wear is a 'simple' pair of sued 'Vance' shoes.

Aside dressing, Terry's physical appearances must be talked about. He has hereditary white skin that is covered with barely any hair. With oily hair that seems to match his jade-green eyes, Terry's slim face and 'not-to-pointy' nose are hardly focused on.

Personality:
Terry is a generous, self-confident person. At least, those are the best two words to describe him as the rest of his qualities have been derived from his will to impress others, thus modifying to an attempt to please others; this are the basis of his intentions and the description of his mind. Putting all these together, it would be best to describe Terry like this…"He is a person whose will is bent on doing things to impress others

History:
Terry grew up in a very homely background in the centre of Minami. His parents weren't too rich, and so, throughout his life, even though he was pampered, he always got to have everything in moderation…ranging from food to allowance; everything made him a mediocre. His father was a Physics teacher, and his mom was a just a house wife, luckily, his father was a veteran in his profession, and so, his salary pay was quite high. Even though his parents taught him good morals and the essence of honesty, it seemed, his life was affected mainly by peers.

He had too much of self confidence, esteem, and what he called a 'superiority' complex. By the time he became 14, he was unstoppable; he skipped classes, moved around with the wrong guys, got piercing in places where his parents wouldn't notice, within time, his life was almost ruined. The Machop he was given in the guild became a bodyguard, and so he had a close relationship with it, in business wise terms. He only fed it when it deserved feeding as far as he was concerned, and whenever he wanted to give it a week off, he forced it to attack power plants, bringing back spare parts of devices that he sold. He began to possess money his parents would never have wanted him to have, and within time he began to move around 'richer people in the guild. His grades where dropping like bowling balls from the sky...and his parents were always summoned during all parents/teachers meetings fr questioning...in fact, it got to the situation whereby the guild threatened to expel him if he didn't withdraw as it was believed he was going to fail the next examination.

By the time he was 16, his life took another turn for good, he started taking extra care of his body. He began to spend a lot of cash on toiletries, and within time…he began to worship himself. He softened; he started trying to impress others instead of being more like a gangsta, his grades began to improve again and he spent more time with his Machop. He began to understand his parents more and began to shape himself into what he now considered a 'perfect' guy. Before anyone knew it, he was ready to spread out of his locality…he wanted to go international…he wanted to join the Guild.

Pokemon: Machop

Class Schedule:
Melee Battle
Terrain Battle
Photography
Pokemon Mythology
Chemistry
Trigonometry
Algebra

RP Sample:

It was already evening, and Terry was returning from his usual 1-hour strolls around his area district…

"How nostalgic…"

He said in a low tone to himself pondering in his mind why everything felt like a déjà vu. The wind, the lightning-lit clouds, the thunder, his battered self…and worse, the same event that resulted, yet again, in the loss of his favorite hair comb…all these things, they all happened sometime ago, the same day, just like this one. He looked up in the sky as soon as the precipitation started…

"Why…rain, again, what is this…"

He hadn't brought a balaclava with him today as he usually did when he walked around at night, and if it did rain, it would mean trouble for his newly done hair.
He lowered his knapsack which was hanging on his left shoulder and quickly found his mirror, took it out and opened it, as it actually was a make up set.

He took the eyebrow pencil and shaded his scanty eyebrows with the aid of his mirror…that done, he took out his camera phone and snapped himself, yet with the aid of his mirror.

"Terry, you are Minami's god of beauty…" He said in a pleasant voice to himself.

He put everything back in its place and re-continued his stroll…

He walked more slowly than usual in an attempt to notice other environmental factors, or stalkers who might actually be after him. He looked over his right shoulder slowly, and caught sight of what might have been following him all this while; it was his Machop…

"Ahh, I see…we are both catching this breezy air, aren't we, my friend…"

He turned back fully, and noticed that there was something in his Machop's hand.

"Ahh, my balaclava…just in time, I would say…"

He ran forward to the pokemon and took the balaclava gently, placing it with his left hand on his head while shaking its hand simultaneously, he spoke again…

"I express my gratitude…with works and not with words…"

He reached deep in his pocket and brought out a lollipop.

"Bingo, I knew this would happen."

He handed it over to the pokemon and winked at it with his left eye.

"Let's go home…"

HOPE I WASN'T TOO SHABBY…

Last edited:

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
All right. This would be my first RP, but I'm hoping my lack of experience with this sort of thing will be made up for with my writing know-how. I'm kind of guessing that, given the fact that pokeballs exist and that there seems to be a holographic training center, there is some level of technology at this school. Therefore, I took the liberty of assuming that there is school-wide wifi and that the setting time-wise is similar to the games and anime. I did my best to follow the description, anyways, and here's the profile.

Narutard said:

Uhh... what's going on here?

N-XIGE

Ascension: Success Story
Years
Ah...that's explainable...

I said I hadn't RPed in a while...

So, when browsing the index, I saw txeclipse post as an unread one in Minami...

Minami happens to be the last name of my hacking team, so I checked...and I found out through the thread what it was about...but I didn't see the form because everything was in pink...so I copied his form as a base.

As you can see, nothing is the same...apart from that.

Spearow

mr. nobody
Years
Is it just me or is this thing moving extremely fast? DDD:

And we all seem to be playing at different times of the day - at the same time. XD

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
Years
Kay, here's the deal.

We are in the MORNING of the first day of classes.

Right now anyway.

PLEASE follow my and Master Electrician's lead. *WE* and we alone will move the time in the roleplay along.

As for the two new applicants, I will discuss with Master Electrician on your acceptance or denial.

Also note: The RP is NOT to move terribly quickly. We have a LOT of people involved in this roleplay, so as a note, for now at least, after you post, you must wait for at least three other people to post before you post again.

That will change if it needs to as time in the RP goes on.

Phoenix_Mew

Years
Mreh, it's okay. I've gone through and poked through the roleplay. Classes for the first day are completely over now. *nodsnods*

I think this is how things are going to work. So everybody pay attention.

Our characters seem to share a lot of classes, but none of them are seemingly coinciding in schedule with one another. So because of that, here's what I'm going to do.

Master Electrician and I are going to have to discuss setting up a possible schedule around the classes that we have all decided to take. I'll get to working on that now. This way, everyone will know whom they have classes with and when. For now, the way things went today are fine.

And to make the roleplay flow a bit better until ME and I have decided what we're going to do about the class schedule, we'll continue the roleplay as though classes for the day are over. If your character hasn't gotten through all of their classes for the day, use your next post to get through them and then you can start with more interaction between characters again. *smiles*

This shold help. :D

Years
Can you make an acception to the rule if one character is talking to another? I don't want to wait for 2 other people to post if I'm having a convo with another character.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
Years
Wow, classes are over already; I was just finishing my post in which my character entered the second out of eight classes. xDD. Should I just TimeSkip all of them? I don't feel like writing for seven classes all in one post :P

Phoenix_Mew

Years
No exceptions. The dialogue between characters is what's pushing this roleplay along too quickly. We may change the rule as time passes and people lose interest, as people are wont to do with roleplays. But for right now, with the MASS number of people that are taking part in this roleplay, everyone has to wait for three other people to post before another post goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back