• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
Can you re-catch mankey/primeape i didn't have any pokeballs?
I couldn't even figure out how to catch him. I all ready had a primate in my party though, you find them right before Cerulean City I believe. Since it was my own personal Primate, I didn't opt to give it away to the fighting gym.

Years
Another recommendation would be if you could put a computer next to the Nurse Joy on the S.S. Anne, I forgot my Butterfree and couldn't trade for the Raticate.

If you do trade Butterfree, when does the opportunity to trade it back show up?

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Another recommendation would be if you could put a computer next to the Nurse Joy on the S.S. Anne, I forgot my Butterfree and couldn't trade for the Raticate.

If you do trade Butterfree, when does the opportunity to trade it back show up?

I don't think is one. (Although this Raticate has become very usful to me.)

P_S_B

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Ratic8 (yes, that's its name) can be traded back to Brooke after you have beaten Team Rocket on the lower deck, but before the ship capsizes.

He'll even trade you a second Butterfree if you trade him a random Raticate and didn't trade Butterfree earlier.

While we're on the topic of the St. Anne, there's a glitch in the 'sailing away' animation in that the smoke and ripples are way above where they should be in relation to the ship.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Well if you want someone to insert some new tiles and refine maps then I could help a bit aside from the time I spend at school / on my hack I would be glad to help you out with graphics a little, and yes I forgot to mention your scripting is quite nice.

Really, no one was interested? I could help, if you need it. Anyway, I agree with Teh Panda, the mapping really does need work. :3

Anyone's welcome to refine maps or submit new tiles. I can insert them myself, just PM a link to the files, or submit to my team thread:

Team AnimeHax

Full credit will be given if they are used. Just keep in mind that any maps re-done should reflect the routes in the anime (Route 1 needs a river and a lake for that reason, for instance) and any tiles should not be too 3-Dish, as I think the 2-D style is more representative of the anime.

I'm still taking a break, but the bug is starting to come back to me, so I might start work on the game again soon. :)

Smeargle2

Smearg
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 7, 2021
Well, I started playing this a while ago, and besides extreme difficulty with beating Sabrina, I haven't been truly stuck until now. I can't figure out how to get into the Fuchsia Gym. Also, I'm using only Ash's Pokemon from the anime, when he got them, when he evolved them, and when he released them.

Anyways, this is a simply amazing game, with very few glitches, I'm so glad I didn't miss it.

Years
The puzzle is hard but you have to figure it out from there... I believe it is going behind the statue and pressing B. Cause it says something like "press cancel from behind"

Rap

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2011
why do you no put new sprites?
for example a pikachu for D and P edition.

Years
I don't see a point... If cities were to be expanded in size people would complain that there are non-used space because Metapod couldn't put events in there because they did not occur in anime.
I agree, making the cities bigger would just be unnecessary. What exactly would be done with all of those extra buildings? Plus, thinking about monotonous phrases for additional people to say wouldn't be too worth while; do you really talk to every NPC who doesn't have anything to do with the main part of the game?

Making the cities bigger would also make the game unnecessarily larger, playing the game I thought the city size was perfect as is.

Back