• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
With the new Mystery Dungeon games hitting first, I'm pushing my estimated dates back. We'll most likely hear about it in February or March for a Fall release in 2013 since the MD game is being released this fall/winter in Japan, we'll prolly get international ones in spring so the earliest I see the next Main games is Mid to late Fall in Japan and Spring/Summer for International.

Yeah, I couldn't see them releasing a mainstream with only 3 months of 2012 left and due to the fact that B2W2 hasn't even been released internationally yet. I did expect a spin-off however and to me, this is the best result! Let's hope 2013 is the year for Hoenn now.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I wanna change my dates too..I'm gonna push my Japanese release date estimation to Sept. 2013...and push forward my North American estimated release day to march 2014.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like to think that the whole (or vast majority) of 2013 will be dedicated to the news and release of Ruby & Sapphire Remakes, that's how it was for 2009 so I'm sure a similar pattern is likely to follow. What else can they have planned for 2013 if they have the main spin-off out by the end of this year?

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Well we have to be getting another main game next year, considering they already took the 2 year gap between BW and B2W2, so I doubt they will take another 2 year gap for a main game release already. They usually release 2 - 3 main games before they will have a 2 year gap between a release of one main game and another.

So with that, we should definitely be getting a 3DS main game next year. It's just the question of whether it'll be in June like B2W2, or if it'll be in September like most releases. If its June, we can expect the announcement in Jan/Feb... if its September, then we can expect it in April/May. Either way, it still has a chance of being Gen VI and not RS remakes (although, of course I do hope its RS remakes).

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
What is Shocking for me that it is After the RSE Remakes we will be getting DPPT

Remakes and then BW........................................ SHOCKING!

Not necessarily they didn't make third game for BW, or maybe yet, but still BW2 is something new and they can make anything.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
What is Shocking for me that it is After the RSE Remakes we will be getting DPPT

Remakes and then BW........................................ SHOCKING!

Which is exactly why I think gamefreak must be contemplating alternative ways of milking this nostalgia.

I mean the games that would be next to be remade are as old as the first remakes...

They already figured they should fresh up the "third version" concept, so I dont see how they wouldnt do something about the much more boring "copy&paste remake" concept.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just want to point out that there's now a thread for discussion of Pokemon games moving to the 3DS, so if you guys want to talk about that from now on, please do it there and not here. It gets a bit off topic when this is supposed to be about RSE remake speculation, not platform jumping. So yeah, now that there's a more proper place for it, let's keep it there. Thanks! Here's the thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7339621

Raging Man

Ace Trainer
Years
R/S/E Remakes? Probably happening. The Hoenn games are the ones i like the least, giving them a graphical update and making it a little easier to play (im talking about you regis) would probably make me like Hoenn better.

blue

gucci
Years
R/S/E Remakes? Probably happening. The Hoenn games are the ones i like the least, giving them a graphical update and making it a little easier to play (im talking about you regis) would probably make me like Hoenn better.

At the period of time, they were due for a graphical update, they couldn't stay in RBYGSC graphics forever, it was just the time that they advanced in that field.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

There's internet. You won't be in the dark with this part. Just use Serebii. lol Nothing wrong with challenge in a game, honestly. I always thought the way you obtain the Regi trio was far superior to how you get other trio Pokemon in other games. They're usually just sitting on a silver platter for you, especially in later games. With this trio, you actually have to unlock them and then you have more things to do just to get in the door, which is awesome imo. Makes it seem more adventurous. Besides, they're not required to complete the game, so idk how that has anything to do with making the game easier. It's a side quest type of deal when you think about it, and side quests are, imo, meant to be a bit more challenging and brain wracking than the main story or puzzle.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
At the period of time, they were due for a graphical update, they couldn't stay in RBYGSC graphics forever, it was just the time that they advanced in that field.

He was talking about having Hoenn in even better graphics, not about it having better graphics than RBYGSC, haha.

There's internet. You won't be in the dark with this part. Just use Serebii. lol Nothing wrong with challenge in a game, honestly. I always thought the way you obtain the Regi trio was far superior to how you get other trio Pokemon in other games. They're usually just sitting on a silver platter for you, especially in later games. With this trio, you actually have to unlock them and then you have more things to do just to get in the door, which is awesome imo. Makes it seem more adventurous. Besides, they're not required to complete the game, so idk how that has anything to do with making the game easier. It's a side quest type of deal when you think about it, and side quests are, imo, meant to be a bit more challenging and brain wracking than the main story or puzzle.

I loved having the challenge, too. I remember even having a slight challenge with the original main game, it took me a while to realize how you're supposed to get into Sootopolis(with the vast ocean routes, the whole diving concept was still a bit new/confusing at the time to me so...yeah).

One can only hope that this time around the puzzles will be even tougher.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I concur with the whole Regi challenge being one of the game's high points. Some people just want the game to be too easy and watered down too much. If anything I think the games should be more challenging and introduce more difficult (side)quests.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I loved the Regi puzzle, it was a fun thing to do post game (I didn't discover the Chamber until after I beat the game.) Speaking of the puzzle I hope they add something to that big looking dive spot surrounded by rocks in the middle of the route which was unaccesible in the originals...perhaps it could house Regigigas in the remakes ;)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Ah, the Regis. I actually did enjoy the concept of unlocking the Regis, and how it differed from just finding them laying in some area or roaming. However, I do hope that they make the Braille sheet more accessible. I can vividly remember reading the booklet and losing it, which had the translation for Braille in. One thing I propose is that if they remake it for the 3DS, they could place it in the in-game guide. I'd really, really appreciate that if I'm honest. XD Another thing they could do is maybe hint about the Regis a bit more in-game. It is quite hard to know to go to the cave on the route west of Pacidfilog Town to be honest. Maybe they could make the Explorers outside the caves hint at some strange ruins there first before unlocking the Regis- I think that'd be a nice subtle hint without making it too 'easy'. Apart from that, yeah I liked the Regis and how you had to decipher what to do. :)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I loved the Regi puzzle, it was a fun thing to do post game (I didn't discover the Chamber until after I beat the game.) Speaking of the puzzle I hope they add something to that big looking dive spot surrounded by rocks in the middle of the route which was unaccesible in the originals...perhaps it could house Regigigas in the remakes ;)
Off-topic: Has anyone tried to see what's under that dive spot with the walk-through-walls cheat?

On-topic: I think they should leave the inaccessible dive spots in the remakes (if they're made), and if you hack the game to get past the walls and dive under there, your name is permanently changed to "HACKER" (like in LoZ: Link's Awakening, where if you decide to steal from the shop, your name permanently becomes "THIEF").

blue

gucci
Years
I never really understood how to get the Regi's for a while, I found out eventually but it was a fun process of unlocking them and I love the music that plays when you battle them.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
No idea what dive spot you are all talking about.
I'm sure we would all know everything about some mysterious inaccessible dive-spot if there was one for a long time by now, eh?

But anyways. Regigigas felt to me like it was left out...like it belongs to Hoenn.
I mean obviously its a fourth bigger golem to begin with, but even further, if you take a better look at it,
it has those patterns all over its body, which happen to look way too similar to Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquazas patterns to be a coincidence.
Not to mention it is the only legendary besides Groudon and Kyogre to have a BST of 670 instead of 680.
Its like the their third bro or something, but instead of representing aspects of the surface and the weather, it represents the common ground below it, tectonic plates and stuff.
But then again I'm the only guy that thinks of Rayquaza as the third Flying uber, completing a trio with the tower guardians Lugia and Ho-oh...
Sure Rayquaza is directly related to Kyo/Gro, but not in an "equal" way, on the contrary, it is superior to them in every aspect; they have 1 color pattern, it has 3, they have one type, it has 2, they cause weather, it makes it useless...
If you dare look even deeper, while Rayquaza is a sentient intelligent guardian roosting on some tower (sounds familiar), Regigigas is in some hybernation state like, guess who, Groudon and Kyogre.

This is also part of why I want more than some boring remakes. Id like to see more explanation about how Regigigas fits into Hoenns myths.

Ah, the Regis. I actually did enjoy the concept of unlocking the Regis, and how it differed from just finding them laying in some area or roaming. However, I do hope that they make the Braille sheet more accessible. I can vividly remember reading the booklet and losing it, which had the translation for Braille in. One thing I propose is that if they remake it for the 3DS, they could place it in the in-game guide. I'd really, really appreciate that if I'm honest. XD Another thing they could do is maybe hint about the Regis a bit more in-game. It is quite hard to know to go to the cave on the route west of Pacidfilog Town to be honest. Maybe they could make the Explorers outside the caves hint at some strange ruins there first before unlocking the Regis- I think that'd be a nice subtle hint without making it too 'easy'. Apart from that, yeah I liked the Regis and how you had to decipher what to do. :)

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
The braille was right there in the first cave. Letter by letter in alphabetic order. You never needed a booklet or any outside source to do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back