• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Years
I would think Steel, since all the previous eeveelutions have had types that were made obvious by their names (Jolt, Flare, Vapor, ESP, Umbra, Leaf, and Glace), so assuming Sylv(e) is short for Silver, Steel would stand to reason for me.
I'd believe Flying or Ghost because of the appearance of it, but I think that's a biased way to judge a Pokemon's type because there are several Pokemon that don't appear to be the type that they are. Girafarig is Normal/Psychic somehow, Bellsprout is part Poison, Flygon isn't Flying or Bug, etc. I have, however, heard the idea that it's name is based on a Sylph, the mysterious and invisible being of the air. One could argue this would, again, imply Flying or Ghost-Typing. With both these things, I can definitely see why people might lean towards these types.
As far as the Normal-Type idea, I think that given Eevee's story of being genetically unstable (thus making it react and evolve so much) would argue against this, but it's still a slight possibility.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This is what I was thinking when I brought up the name Mystic over Fairy. It's really more spiritual and magical than psychic and ghost is how I see it.

Anyways I hope that Sylveon has a diverse movepool. I see it learning Blizzard, Thunder, and Fire Blast for some reason.

Seeing as the other Eevee Evolutions including Eevee have extremely limited move pools, especially wth those three big moves, I don't see Sylveon having it. I think Jolteon is the only one with Thunder, Flareon is the only one with Fire Blast and Vaporeon and Glaceon have Blizzard (most likely do to the fact that when the original three were made Water and Ice were practically the same thing as there were very few Ice types and all water types learned the better Ice attacks so Vaporeon was both representation of Ice and Water in the original set)

So unless Sylveon is somehow related to Ice, Thunder, or Fire...based on the Eevee trend it won't get all three, nor will its level or TM lists be anything spectacular. It'll have the same mediocre limitations that are placed on all Eevee forms.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
They still haven't confirmed this?

Thought I would have missed the news taking a few days off. Ah well. Back to speculating.

Has Smash done more "testing" in the meantime?

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
As much as I hope that it's a totally brand new type, it feels to me like it's probably going to either be Normal-type or Flying-type, based on where it's name originates from. In most languages it's from Nymph or Fairy, but our English one... which is Sylveon... I'm not exactly sure where it originates from, I can guess that it comes from 'Sylvania' which means trees and forests.

But again... I really do hope it's going to be a brand new type.

There is a type of fairy called a sylph.

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
As much as I hope that it's a totally brand new type, it feels to me like it's probably going to either be Normal-type or Flying-type, based on where it's name originates from.
Actually the names in other languages pointy ot fairy more than flying or normal
Ninfia-> nymph a type of fairy
Feelinara-> Fee is fairy in french
Sylveon->a sylph is a type of fairy

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
All the names Sylveon currently has points to Fairy. If not, I guess Sylveon's a flying type.
I wonder what comprises Sylveon's ribbons. The thought that those are made of flesh disturbs the hell out of me @_@

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Actually the names in other languages pointy ot fairy more than flying or normal

Actually Feelinara is the German name, not the French one. "Fee" is the German word for fairy, but I think its name is a combination of "Fee", "Feline" (=cat-like) and the typical eeveelution ending (usually the "-a" like Flamara, Aquana, Blitza and so on).
My guesses would be:
1. Flying (because its bows make it look a bit like a kite, also they're moving in the wind. That doesn't have to mean it's definitely Flying though cause Suicune has similar attributes.)
or
2. A new type. Not specifically Fairy. Looking at Pokemon Smash and several other rumors, this seems very possible. I'm not sure if that'll be the case, but imo we already have enough types. Sure, it would make the battle system and everything more deep, but atm I really don't know what I should think about that.

I'm sure we'll get some new information about Sylveon soon (E3 maybe?).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Sylphs aren't fairies. They are elemental spirits that represent Air. They are more closely related to angels in appearance.

Nymphs also are not Fairies. Again they are spirits that can harness specific elements based on where they were born or live. A Forest Nymph would be the closest to a Fairy as they tend to have insect or plant (leaf) like wings, but Water Nymphs can look like Mermaids and Sirens as well as plain fish, Fire Nymphs don't have a defined shape but range from a fiery cloaked little girl to lizards. Air Nymphs look something like elves usually. They have bird like wings of various colors in most traditional settings.

Fee/Fae also are the original version of the Fairy, which look more like what we would call elves today (Like LotR/WoW Elves...including the variations as there are multiple classes of Fae each one depicted based on skin color, hair, Eye color and shape) The Fae are also very greedy if somewhat evil (based on opinion. Truthfully they are pretty much neutral. They care only about themselves and their kind). Many stories about the Fae have them stealing children or cursing villages.

All the names Sylveon currently has points to Fairy. If not, I guess Sylveon's a flying type.
I wonder what comprises Sylveon's ribbons. The thought that those are made of flesh disturbs the hell out of me @_@

Names don't always make the type. Two Pokemon with Fairy in their name are Normal type. They also exist within the same line. Both "Fairy Pokemon" lines are pure Normal. Majority of Pokemon in the Fairy Egg Group are Normal type as well. With all of that lumped together, having a name based off of a fairy or fairies in general points to her being Normal typed. Though current evidence has already disproved this and shows we may (actually if you believe what was shown we ARE getting) be getting a new type as the match up display Sylveon showed does not match any current type match ups.

(Strong against Ice, Weak against Poison...Doesn't say in what way but translators inferred that since the Sylveon Cosplayer broke ice she does SE Damage to Ice and since she couldn't stand the stench of a flower ((Dunno if it was supposed to represent a poisonous flower or play off the not very well known fact that poison types all pretty much stink)) she is weak to Poison.)

Actually Feelinara is the German name, not the French one. "Fee" is the German word for fairy, but I think its name is a combination of "Fee", "Feline" (=cat-like) and the typical eeveelution ending (usually the "-a" like Flamara, Aquana, Blitza and so on).
My guesses would be:
1. Flying (because its bows make it look a bit like a kite, also they're moving in the wind. That doesn't have to mean it's definitely Flying though cause Suicune has similar attributes.)
or
2. A new type. Not specifically Fairy. Looking at Pokemon Smash and several other rumors, this seems very possible. I'm not sure if that'll be the case, but imo we already have enough types. Sure, it would make the battle system and everything more deep, but atm I really don't know what I should think about that.

I'm sure we'll get some new information about Sylveon soon (E3 maybe?).

See my reply above your's to see the current info we have on Sylveon relating to her type. As for E3. There may not be any big or new info. The 1 and 1/2 hour presentation can be what we had recieved in January combined with all the info we received since then. In total it can take about an hour to go through all of the current info out with allowing time for the info to settle. I know I've been to meetings and presentations where the person didn't show much/say much and it lasted over an hour. It has to do with the way you speak as you have to speak a little slower to show case everything in a way everyone can accept it. The Q&A like most will most likely be pre-selected, pre-screned questions chosen by GameFreak's staff ahead of time to avoid potential spoilers and early release. If they allow a slip in about something new, then we'll be lucky.

That's typically how these types of corporate events run.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
This is absolutely hilarious. If only it'd work.

hBDB768E0

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I dont know if anyone already mentioned this but

Look at Sylveon
It is in an Egg that has wings like a fairy(Fairy egg group)
You are aware there is a search function on threads, correct? We are already aware of this analysis, about five people mentioned it independently. The icon was even suggested to be Flying and Bug types respectively for different reasons.

Cyclone

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
You are aware there is a search function on threads, correct? We are already aware of this analysis, about five people mentioned it independently. The icon was even suggested to be Flying and Bug types respectively for different reasons.

Cyclone

Oops my bad.I always check the latest post and i missed this one.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I don't know how it could fly whatsoever, so my doubts on it being a flying type are very high.

I honestly think it's a new type. Either that or just normal type which would be pretty boring.

I agree with you there about Sylveon being a flying type. I mean, how is it possible? Would it fly about with it's ribbons? I can't really see it having flying type moves in battle either, and the name wouldn't fit.

I reckon it will most likely be a new type. Since there's already normal, I wouldn't vote for that. Perhaps (as everyone else suggests) I would go for some sort of fairy type.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think the most exciting thing for me about the new Fairy-type being revealed is that we can finally put the Sylveon speculation of what type it is to rest. A long overdue reveal and so glad that puts an end to this chapter.

Still, I wonder what it will be that makes it evolve. I still think a ribbon-like item may be a strong possibility or maybe a new stone.

Back