• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Latest Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
I really Like those Sprites...The 3D Look etc...Maybe you should Conside Re-doing Every Current Pokemon in this sort of Style?

Toadsworth

I'm bored..... Blerk...
Years
Lol these sprites look good! And that pic about when you may choose a pokémon I like to :D(dunno if this is good english, if not, I'm sorry... I can't help that I'm named bestDUTCHguy :s)

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Bumpity! New update, see first post for new sprites and two 'progress' gifs ^_^.

{NEW SPRITES}
Wolf.png

Snake.png

{PROGRESS ANIMATIONS}
Progress_Wolf.gif

Progress_Snake.gif

@Bugsy: Thanks, I studied alot of shading styles from other games and many other artists, it helped improve my spriting ability greatly.

@Maneachicken: I will be making many many critters, but I won't be replacing all of the known pokemon. There are alot of pokemon I personally hate and probably won't touch ^_^;;;

@BestDutchGuy: Glad you liked them =). I understand you prefectly so no worries.

@all future posters: My snakey needs more contrast, I just noticed it after viewing him on this forum's bg sorry >_<. The outline needs to be thicker to show his tale is 'behind' him. I might also dark some of the tail that goes further out, to give more depth.

Also does everybody think the new birdy is better or worse than the old version? I still need to alter some of the feather color, but I just want to let it rest for a bit.

Enjoy the new pics.

Last edited:

Wilph

Deadly Sinner
Years
Wow. Awesome. The snake one totally rocks. I agree with Belzeebub as well that the fire/flying new one is good also, but IMO, the Snake one is the best. I love the way you shade it with white, gives it a really nice shiny texture.

Very good.

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
@Belzeebub & Wilph: Hehe, it seems I did my job well then. Its good to know the sprites came out well.

Next on my list are the two starter trainers (and if somebody *cough* can direct me on how to extract/import the tilesets I can make some custom ones too).

*scurries off to make more pwetty pixels*

xMeteorxStriker

Chicken...Gave Me a Bad Coupon
Years
when u use unlz.gba to export them doesnt it keep u with the same pallete so u cant go out of those specific colors?
well im not sure i even answered the right question lol!
Good job they look 3d man :)

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Actually there is an option to replace the palettes inside unLZ ^_^. You can change any colors you want, so long as you keep the colors under 16. I'll post screen shots of my project later so you can see =3.

*Main trainers almost done!

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Bumpity bump bump!

Two new sprites, trainers to be exact. Again any comments or critiques are welcome!

{TRAINERS}
Trainer_Male_PC.png

-male 'hero'
Trainer_Female_PC.png

-female heroine

Personally I just realized I made them too pale, they lack the vibrancy of the pokemon I created. Bad habits die hard >_< I'll are upload some better paletted ones later. So I guess commening on the design is most useful to me right now.

Also does anybody know how to modify the palettes that TILESETS use? I was able to do so with pokemon and trainers, but I can't find any info on tileset editing (the actual pixel graphics) Would it be a better idea to PM some of the hack makers who have done so already? Or are questions like that considered 'rude' by these forum standards >_< I don't want to upset anybody here.

*the ability to misspell 'are' as 're' and 'ar' is absolutely profouding I do so love my lack of grammar >_<

Last edited:

xMeteorxStriker

Years
THOSE ARE FLIPPING AMAZING! THEY LOOK WAY BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL GAME!!!!
btw you are way too hard on yourself u r amazing at this man those are so cool!
OUTSTANDING!

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
Years
They All Rock, Your Style Of Doing Sprites Is Completley Awsome!

There Alot Better Then The Old Way Of Spriting.

Maybe You Could Start A New Trend Lol.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
I love your artwork, i ahve been to your site and these jsut show your amazing qualities. I personally think that the tail behind the snak is visable. Atleast to me it was. I wish i could do computer artwork like this. Where did you learn to get so good?

xMeteorxStriker

Years
Hyperion: Titan of Light said:
I love your artwork, i ahve been to your site and these jsut show your amazing qualities. I personally think that the tail behind the snak is visable. Atleast to me it was. I wish i could do computer artwork like this. Where did you learn to get so good?
I second that where did u get ur skillz? lol

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Yay :D Finally some girl with pink hair. I've really missed that in pkmn games ;P
I REALLY love the headcharacters. Much much more coole than those that Gamefreak/Nintendo comes up with :D

Wilph

Deadly Sinner
Years
Simply fantastic. I agree with Belzeebub, much better than the actual game. As I said before, I wouldn't be suprised if D/P sprites were in a similar style.

The male hero is awesome. Very cool. The female hero is good too. If you want crit I'd say that her right arm makes her pose look a bit awkward. it would look coolm if she had that hand on her hip.

Lets see some legnedaries next :)

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
@UnseenIdiot: Being hard on yourself builds character! So does eating nails doing doing other mainly (very stupid) things!

@Tbone2356: After playing through r/s/e the word trend strikes absolute fear in me x_X Make the bad text selections go away! MAKE THEM GO AWAY!

@Hyperion: *phew* so the snake tail is visible, thats good.

@Skill Question: I've been spriting almost every day since I was 14 or 15. Nearly everyday = 4+hrs each day that I sprite, and 9-11hrs a day when I do game work. I also have very little of a social life lol. I Pretty much make art and/or code every day.

@Belzeebub: Pink hair is awesome. The hair color was inspired by archie (tales of phantasia, psx version) and Foxy (rudra no hihou, snes). I dunno why there were no pink heads in r/s/e (I don't remember any...). There were very few game-freak~nintendo designs that I liked from pokemon trainers. The m/f rangers were great, flanny (erhm the fire gym leader), may, and a few others I think... but what was up with Jaun and Wallace geesh. For endgame 'bosses' they scared me fashion wise lol.

@Wilph: A crit yay XD! I agree with you there, I wasn't sure what I was doing with that hand. I was trying to make it point straight out (looked odd because the trainer was at a 60 degree tilt) I will try putting it on the hip, but I am not too sure, since it might look too similiar to the hero. (you were talking about < arm of the heroine right?) As for the legendaries, I won't be posting those publicly. I have to give players some incentive to play my hack ^.^

Everybody thanks for the comments. I'm doing some tweaking on the main trainers and then I will see if I can edit the town tileset palettes. Another friend gave me an explaination, we'll see if it works ^_^.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Is your hack located in our Hack section? If so please give a line i would like to see, that is if you have a demo or screenshots. Also, are you better at computer art I assume, i was looking at your handdrawn art and your one Portrait could use some help, I draw alot but rarely sprite it is kinda hard i would rather use a tablet(if i had one) to draw on the omputer. Also, is that Knight computer or hand? Because that is friggin sweet

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
I haven't made an offical post about my hack yet. Once I get someone to help explain how tilesets are imported, etc I'll be making an offical post. I have begun alpha testing of a few features though, namely rebalancing alot of the pokemon and making maps easier to navigate. The game won't have the full 300~ give or take pokemon since I will be handcrafting all the ones I want to include. It should be intersting, its definately challanging thusfar though. Very little 1 hit k.0s anymore hehe.

In regards to my cg~coloring skills, they need alot of work in general. Its hard to find time to improve them, I love pixel art and drawing too much ^^U.

The knight was done with a mouse, I didn't have my tablet then. Thanks.

Zone

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 10, 2006
The new sprites are all just as good as the other ones. You should show these off at a real spriting community, like Pixeltendo, and see what they think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back