• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
For Leafgreen: Charizard, and for Firered: Venusaur
........I just lol'd because I just noticed it xD

And as for Sapphire and Emerald; it varies on my mood, I have a really, really hard time choosing. Its usually between torchic and treecko.

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
I essentially choose the fire type starter for every game since there are less fire types than water and grass types, and you don't tend to meet them until later in the game.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
ive always used Torchic in my Sapphire game.. except for the.. second time. i used mudkip then. XD;
but i tend to restart pokémon games quite often, and picked Torchic again always.

for Leafgreen i pick Squirtle. but thats cause its my all-time favourite kanto starter, and i just love Wartortle. XD;

FroggyKisses

{♥}
Years
I picked Bulbasaur, Not because I love grass types because when the first time I saw this Poke, I've fallen in love with it, there's something special in it that makes me really want it so I chose it. ^-^;

Qusic

Master Spark!
Years
I picked Treecko first in Sapphire. He just looked the coolset to me. I totally sucked with him, restarted the game, and choose Torchic. I ended up liking Torchic a lot better. I never did pick Mudkip, now that I think about it...

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
Years
I've always picked mudkip in Sapphire. I haven't picked the other 2 at all when i start new games, but i eventually get myself the other 2 once trading became available (transfered a torchic and a treeko to my brother's ruby then traded them to my sapphire when i started another new game in it)

Same thing with Leaf Green, though here i picked bulbasaur.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I chose Treecko in Ruby, Charmander in FR and Mudkip in emerald.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
One day out of boredom I decided to pick up my old GBA games and spend a little bit of time playing them. Turns out after I would believe 2 years, I still have my full teams in Sapphire, Emerald and LeafGreen.

For Sapphire I had chosen my favorite starter out of the Hoenn region which would be Torchic. :3 As for Emerald I chose Mudkip and iirc, I picked him for the main reason of taking on the Battle Frontier. As for LeafGreen I chose Charmander, since he's my favorite Kanto starter out of the three.

It felt so good picking up those games after a long while haha, but those are the starters I had chose in the three games long before.

DNZGames

Team Atmos Leader
Years
Whichever colour the game was - LeafGreen and Emerald = Grass ; FireRed and Ruby = Fire ; Sapphire = Water. Sadly, I did not acquire a Squirtle :(... Until SoulSilver.

iCoffee~♥

★ aka hoodiegirl ☆
Years
Ever since day one, I've always chosen the water starter Pokemon first.

Except in Diamond, I chose Chimchar :3

Back