• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Unovian Pokémon?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Eelektross, due to the fact that it is an electric type boasting an immunity to ground-type moves, due to its ability, Levitate.
A close second is Hydreigon, on the basis of my preference for dark and dragon types.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Overall, Excadrill is the bae and the best.

But, I really also do like the new dragons like Haxorus and Hydreigon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I have a TON that I just love. But Jellicent (especially the female) just brings it home for me. Super fun movepool, awesome HP, great Special Defense, bomb typing, cute designs, it's just perfect.

Close seconds would be Klinklang, Eelektross, Musharna, Whimsicott, Vanilluxe, Garbodor, Archeops, and Alomomola. <3

Years
Honestly when they first started showing some pokemon for the Unova region I was so disappointed, it was like they were losing inspiration for the pokemon such as sigilyph. At the end the pokemon was decent but it looked awful.
Either way, there were some good pokemon and my Fave was Chandelure! It's so pretty and strong! <3

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Hm. I love Litwick, and it's evolutions. <3 They are so cute, even as shinies! I also love whimsicott too. Like everyone said, it's like a ball of fluff! Another one I liked was Stoutland and it's evolutions too. I also like Dewott as well. I could go on forever, but I'll just leave you with these right now. XD

Years
gigalith.gif
and
excadrill.gif

Although I am more of a Sweeper-type guy, I just loved the designs and stats of these 2. Seismistoad, Beartic, and Braviary are also great Pokemon aswell.

ShiningHelioptile

Powered by Netflix
Years
Hmm.
Hard to choose. At first, it was Snivy. A Grass type and a good design, and Serperior looks really regal. It's grown off of me, though.

Now that I think about it, it would be Whimsicott and Chandelure. Chandelure, while frail, has amazing Special Attack, and it's a ghost chandelier, for Pete's sake. Not to mention that its Hidden Ability would be good. Whimsicott is just so cute and it also has Prankster!

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
Years
My favourite Unovian Pokémon would have to be Tepig. It assisted me on my journey alongside my other 5 powerful Pokémon successfully, taking me to the Champion and defeating their team. The design is also amazingly well done to make it look both cute and powerful.

Years
My top 5 would probably be Crustle, Sawk, Krookodile, Sawsbuck and Haxorus :)

All of them I've used on a team at some point, and with the likes of Crustle (Rock), Krookodile (Ground) and Haxorus, I discovered favourites among types that I use very rarely :) With Sawk I found a welcome alternative to my favourite Fighting Pokémon (Hitmonlee) and I just loved all the forms of Sawsbuck (Spring being my favourite) :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
My favourite Unova Pokemon will always be Herdier, however, given that Unova Pokemon are my favourites of ALL TIME, I always get a nostalgic feeling whenever I think of any of them. They're the Pokemon that I really got the most accustomed to, and in a way I appreciated the designs and abilities etc the most. At face value I'd dislike Garbodor, but even coming across Trubbish is exciting because... I dunno it's still the whole nostalgic value of generation 5. Even in other games I'm like omg Unova mon!! and same in Pokemon cards too :x Just the whole generation was the best really.

But yeah, back to Herdier. I like it for a load of reasons. I love dogs, it had an amazingly cute design, and it had such a pretty shiny. It might also be the fact that it's the evolution of Yorterrie (aka Lillipup), and the name Yorterrie just seemed so cool to me that I was like omg I HAVE to like one of this evolution line!! But other than that, it's pretty much impossible to pick another favourite... they're all just simply amazing, and they're pretty much my top 156 Pokemon (plus a few from Johto and Kalos), but otherwise it's Unova mons or nothin'.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
This is really hard for me, because I actually love most Unova Pokemon (except Vanilluxe, he can go away). But if I had to pick, I would go with either Escavalier, Basculin, or Volcarona. I guess I should start with Basculin. On my first play through, I traded for the special Basculin which has Rock Head, named Blue-Eye. I then proceeded to take it all the way to Ghetsis, and with the combination of a boosted Double Edge, and a STAB Waterfall, I was really enjoying using him. While I can't say that he has a special design, he's not bad on the eyes either. There may be no shortage of Steel/Bug Pokemon around, but Escavalier just radiates a strange elegance that comes with being a jouster. He looks like he's gonna take care of business, and he may be slow, but he packs quite a punch. Volcarona should be obvious. It's an awesome Pokemon that not only looks cool, has an amazing type combo, and is viable competitively, but also is one of the most useful Flame Body Pokemon around! It can fly while you hatch eggs, and sure now Talonflame can do that too, but Volcarona was doing it before it was cool. :P #hipsterpokemontrainer

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I had a lot of favorites in this generation! This generation has become my second favorite in terms of Pokemon.

First of all, the Oshawott line needs to be mentioned. It is beyond adorable, and Dewott/Samurott do pack a punch in battles, if given the right natures.

Leavanny is a wonderful grass-type. I was hesitant to use a Sewaddle and having it to evolve a Swadloon via friendship, but the evolution process is spectacular. Despite so many weaknesses due to its dual grass/bug typing, it became one of my loyal Pokemon in my team.

Mienshao. Let's talk about this mofo right here. Mienshao saved my ass in the elite four, and during higher level battles. It is a powerhouse Pokemon and can actually resist some psychic type moves. I love this little guy so much.

Unfezant...well, actually I like the male design more than the female for some odd reason.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Excadrill has been my favorite since it's release, but since then I've also come to love Zoroark and Sawsbuck a lot too. I had a lot of fun using these three, since not only do they have great designs but they're also pretty strong.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
I'm surprised I'm not the only one saying meloetta.

Other than legendaries, though, I'd say galvantula.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
Years
Darumanitan, Braviary and Zoarark were pretty cool. I cant really think of anything I would change XD it was just such an awesome playthrough with them.

Back