• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Vault Hunter's Challenge

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
Second Update: Big changes in team line-up (sort of).

• Got to Jubilife City and obtained the poke-watch-thing for the touch screen.
  • Battled Leonix again and won this time!
  • Went to grind FlameBreak and WindBreak to Lv. 15 each before gym.
  • Tore through the Oreburg gym with Mach Punch
  • Traveled to Floaroma Town and rousted a "galactic" infestation.
  • Mars almost took out WindBreak, but FlameBreak carried the day.
  • Now moving north to Eterna Forest. See ya there.

Edit: Third Up: Real changes to team line-up (just a little).

• Upon entering Eterna Forest, I encounter a trainer named Cheryl. She asked me to help her through the forest.
  • Got through Eterna Forest with Cheryl with no problem.
  • As soon as I got to Eterna City, Leonix ran out from no where and draged me over to some statue. Not interested.
  • After leaveing the statue, I meet some woman named Cynthia and she gave HM 01 Cut.
  • I burned through the gym no problem with FlameBreak and WindBreak.
  • I met that woman named Cynthia again and she gave mean egg. Wonder whats inside (Togepi).
  • I went and cleared out that big creepy building, which seemed to be a Team Galactic base.
  • On my way out of Eterna City, I grabed a bike and an Explorer Kit.
  • Last thing I did was catch my next team member, SharkBreak!

Team:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Okay, so I had to beat W2, like, right after I opened this challenge, so I haven't been able to play challenges much. But I have made some progress!

-Cleared Route 30
-Cleared Route 31
-Obtained HM06 Rock Smash
-Cleared Sprout Tower
-Cleared Violet City Gym
-Lost against Falkner
-Caught Wooper, named it Bandit (HM Slave)
-Defeated Falkner
-Obtained Egg from Elm's Aide

Team:
Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

● information
OT: Moxxi ID: 24009
Badges: 5

● journal entry
I was playing Borderlands okay ooh la la Back to my journey.

I forgot to mention that before I reached Azalea Town, I caught an HM slave Wooper. I named him Scooter and boxed him because I didn't have Surf yet.

Today, I went to the Kimono Girls's house. Huh, back in GSC days, I battled the eeveelutions. Why was that Team Rocket buffoon dancing on stage? My Pokemon were some 10+ levels above the grunt's Koffing. A spectator gave me Surf for my bravery, so that's that.

Back to Olivine City. Earlier this month, I cleared the route and the Lighthouse. I taught Wooper Surf and made my way across the sea.

Once I reached Cianwood, I walked straight to the gym. I know I would not easily earn this badge. Swablu wasn't exactly buff enough to solo anything, while Absol and Metang dread Fighting. I battled the first karate dude in the gym and...! Combusken died after Hitmonlee's Meditate and Jump Kick. I used Absol for Bite/Flinch hax to take out the enemy Hitmonlee. I needed to train.

After healing up, I wandered around the shore and planned to Surf- hey, I ran into Suicune. And Eusine. Absol pretty much executed him. I leveled up Swablu a bit against wild Tentacool.

Okay, back to the gym. Swablu was finally tough enough to solo one Mankey, but then he died. Rushed to heal... So, I kicked off my gym match with Metang. I spammed Confusion. Confusion missed, so Primeape unleashed Focus Punch. I kept throwing down Confusion and it missed again because Primeape had used Double Team. Bye bye Metang again. I finished off Primeape with Absol's Quick Attack. Poliwrath owned Absol with a Focus Punch because I used Swords Dance. Surf 2OHKO'd Combusken. Swablu did what he does best, die. I lost against Chuck. -_-

Joey called to tell me about his top percentage Rattata. ):<

Grinding... more! I trained Metang loads since only she really has a chance of defeating Chuck with Confusion. Try 2: I easily overcame Primeape, but after exhausting every Potion and Revive, I lost again to Poliwrath, lol.

What to do... I grinded Metang until she learned Psychic. Psychic OHKO'd Primeape and chewed through Poliwrath. How about that! Easiest match ever once I bumped Metang up like 7 levels...

● party
256.png
Lilith the Combusken - Level 27
375.png
Gaige the Metang - Level 37
359.png
Zero the Absol - Level 33
333.png
Salvador the Swablu - Level 20

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Woooo! Someone finally posted again! I was worried I was gonna have to wait for the 1 month to be up before posting again.

-Cleared Route 32
-Obtained the Old Rod (useless...)
-Cleared Union Cave
-Cleared Route 33
-Mordecai evolved somewhere in there...
-Kicked Team Rocket out of Slowpoke Well
-Cleared Azalea Gym
-Defeated Bugsy
-Defeated Jack
-Obtained HM01 Cut in Ilex Forest
-Caught a Paras (forgot to name) Cut slave
-Passed Through Ilex Forest
-Decided to avoid all the trainers on Route 34, so I can train my other Pokemon against them when I get them.
-Cleared Goldenrod Gym
-Can't... beat... Miltank! For 3 days
-Realized I had 2 X-Attack in my bag
-Defeated Whitney!

Team:
Spoiler:

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Sign-Up Form
Username: TrollShammy80
Game:Expert Emerald

Team:
Scizor as the Asassin
Mightyena as the Commando
Pelipper as the Hunter
Blaziken as the Soilder

Clauses:No

I've never played this game...not my kind of thing but I like the challenge :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Time to update I guess.

-Bypassed all routes for Mt. Mortar
-Caught a Machop, named it Brick
-Bypassed to Olivine City
-Got the Good Rod
-Backtracked all the way to New Bark town
-Caught a Shellder, named it Salvador
-Cleared everything I bypassed
-Put a lot of work into getting a Water Stone
-Salvador evolved into a Cloyster
-Fought Jack in Burnt Tower
-Cleared Mahogany Gym
-Brick evolved into a Machamp
-Challenged Morty
-Defeated Morty (after losing once)

Team:
Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

Years

● information
Badges: 6

● journal entry
I taught Swablu Fly, and then he improved a LOT in battle. It was a nice change from using Peck and Fury Attack. Those were extremely hopeless attacks. I grinded Swablu a bit since he was the weakest link. However, I actually aimed to use Combusken for the next gym battle. I pretty much whipped Jasmine's team... but when I'm bad, I'm better.

I slowly made my way to Lake of Rage. I wanted to train Swablu more, but wild Flaaffy meddled with that plan. I wandered around the entire lake before surfing to the Red Gyarados. I KO'd it. Yep. Nice and simple. I have no use for it. I remember that in GSC days, I caught about 10+ of the Red Gyarados because I restarted my files that many times. I'm not sure why I collected them all since the Gyarados is a guaranteed shiny, haha.

I used Swablu to fight the majority of Team Rocket grunts in the hideout. Combusken evolved after she defeated the first Electrode. Yayyyy I have my firehawk fully evolved now! I fainted the other Electrode and so, I saved the day, for now.

● party
257.png
Lilith the Blaziken - Level 36
375.png
Gaige the Metang - Level 37
359.png
Zero the Absol - Level 34
333.png
Salvador the Swablu - Level 30

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I did a lot since my last post. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT!

-Cleared Route 38
-Cleared Route 39
-Arrived in Olivine City
-Cleared Glitter Lighthouse
-Cleared Route 40
-Cleared Route 41
-Arrived in Cianwood City
-Obtained SecretPotion
-Returned to Glitter Lighthouse to cure Amphy
-Safari Zone opened
-Cleared Route 47
-Caught Misdreavus
-Cleared Route 48
-Cleared Cianwood Gym
-Challenged Chuck
-Defeated Chuck
-Obtained HM02 Fly
-Flew to Olivine City
-Challenged Jasmine
-Defeated Jasmine (After a few tries...)
-Cleared Route 42
-Arrived in Mahogany Town
-Cleared Route 43
-Arrived at Lake of Rage
-Defeated Red Gyarados (;^;)
-Cleared Team Rocket HQ
-Cleared Mahogany Gym
-Challenge Pryce
-Defeated Pryce
-Cleared Route 44
-Cleared Ice Path
-Arrived in Blackthorn City
-Cleared Blackthorn Gym
-Challenged Clair
-Defeated Clair after 2 tries

Team:
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I beat the E4 in their first incarnation. Now I have to clear out all the Kanto Gyms. Sorry for such a barren update, but my computer is broken.

TwilightBlade

Years

● information
Badges: 8

● journal entry
Ahhh let's see. Pryce fell to his knees fairly easily. I was extra cautious when facing Claire. After every other battle, I returned to the Pokemon Center and healed.

Kimono girls were MEGA annoying. I whited out several times. The Vaporeon and Jolteon were unbearable to face. I had to evolve Metang into Metagross to win the upper hand, finally.

Fortunately for me, Johto's Victory Road was very short to go through. I'm not particularly fond of caves. I didn't waste a minute as I made my way to the Elite 4. For Will, my Altaria did his thing and Dragon Pulse fainted Xatu in two hits. I moved in Absol for the rest of the match. I relied on Bite's flinch hax, though Will managed to set up a Reflect barrier. Although this slightly hindered Absol's capabilities, I didn't break a sweat during this match.

My team was surprisingly well prepared to face Koga. I owned Koga by using Metagross's Psychic and Altaria's Fly. Also, Blaziken's Flamethrower helped incinerate some unworthy bugs.

Deep breath, deep breath, sugar. Bruno. My team struggled a lot with rock, ground, and fighting types. Bruno could easily overwhelm me if I underestimated him. Risky as ever, I started with my Altaria. I didn't expect Bruno's Hitmontop to be that bulky, but after defeating that, I relied on Metagross to finish the remainder of Bruno's Pokemon. Metagross is a lot like Gaige; she eases the gameplay difficulty once she enters the fray. Awesome, I defeated Bruno! I didn't expect facing any more problems from then on out.

For Karen, I again started with Altaria and ordered a Dragon Pulse. Karen immediately used Double Team. NO. CRAP. NO. I WILL NOT LET THIS HAPPEN EVER AGAIN TO ME. I switched in Blaziken. Karen ordered Double Team again. NOOOO. I used Double Kick, which luckily hit Umbreon. With the cheap evasive gimmick removed, I found the rest of the battle to be rather lackluster.

Gah, Lance was PAINFUL. Fire Blast devastated my Metagross, my star player. Aerial Ace, or rather just the Aerodactyl in general, was a terror to overcome. Since I agreed to use the New-U clause, I could not revive any of my team members in battle. I remember trying all sorts of strategies to barely overcome Lance. Here was the victory strategy:

I led with Metagross and used Psychic to take out Gyarados. I used Absol against Charizard, as Air Slash could only 3OHKO Absol. So, I set up Swords Dance twice, healed Absol, and unleashed Sucker Punch. I wasn't sure which one of his Dragonite carried Thunder Wave or Safeguard, so I started using Night Slash instead of Sucker Punch. Absol had just learned Night Slash, lucky me, again...

AND HOLY
MOTHER OF MIDGETS,
DRAGONITE OUTSPED ME AND USED DRAGON RUSH......!
and it missed.

omg. no more playing around

I defeated Lance using +4 Sucker Punches. x_x

And... that there ended the first half of my challenge. I also RNG abused Roland the NidoranM. :) Too bad I cannot switch my party out; I am kind of tired of these four. Here are their Hall of Fame levels, too.

● party
257.png
Lilith the Blaziken - Level 53
376.png
Gaige the Metagross - Level 51
359.png
Zero the Absol - Level 54
334.png
Salvador the Altaria - Level 49

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It's finally over! I defeated all the gyms in Kanto, mostly easy. The hardest one was Blue, which was to be expected. The rematch E4 gave me minimal resistance over all, with only a couple of speed bumps along the way. I finally came up against Lance with his rematch team, the final task to complete this challenge. Salvador easily wiped the floor with half of his team, with Brick cleaning up the rest, and Lilith taking out Gyarados. Mordecai was pretty useless in this fight since he had no super effective moves and mediocre stats. I am never using a Pidgeot again.

I'm gonna keep watching this thread in case anyone decides to play, and so that Blade can finish her challenge.

Team:
018.gif

Mordecai
Lvl 62, Naughty
189/143/130/104/88/148
-Wing Attack
-Mirror Move
-U-Turn
-Fly

068.gif

Brick
Lvl 64, Serious
214/196/138/116/129/109
-Earthquake
-Payback
-Stone Edge
-Cross Chop

091.gif

Salvador
Lvl 63, Adamant
145/171/258/123/75/114
-Icicle Spear
-Spike Cannon
-Avalanche
-Surf

429.gif

Lilith
Lvl 63, Hasty
163/106/94/154/144/171
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Energy Ball
-Will-O-Wisp

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Name: legendhunter14
Game: Expert Emerald
Team:
Blaziken as the The Soldier.
Poliwrath as the Berserker.
Mightyena as the Commando.
Jirachi as the Mechromancer.
Clause: None

Already started the game but from now on taking the challenge.
Badges: 2
Current team:
Combusken lv.26
Poliwhirl lv.26
Current place: Slateport City

Update #1:
Spoiler:

Current team:
Poliwhirl (Froakie)
Lv.35
Moves;
Rain Dance
Hypnosis
Water Pulse
Body Slam

Blaziken (KFC)
Lv.37
Double Kick
Peck
Bulk Up
Blaze Kick

Last edited:

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
Hm, this seems interesting. Never played Borderlands, but I'll sign up just for kicks.

Username: doihaveto? or Doi.
Game: Pokemon Emerald.
Team:
Sceptile as the Assassin
Mightyena as the Commando
Swellow as the Hunter
Hariyama as the Berserker
Clauses: None.

...I'm gonna have so much trouble with this. XD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Update #2:
Spoiler:

Team:
Blaziken(KFC)
Lv.42

Poliwhirl(Froakie)
Lv.42

Mightyena(Shiny hiny)
Lv.41

Update #3
Spoiler:

Badges: 4
Team: Blaziken (KFC)
Lv.49

Poliwrath (Froakie)
Lv.49

Mightyena (Shiny hiny)
Lv.48

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Username: XanderO

Game: White 2

Team:
Electivire as the Soldier
Audino as the Siren
Ferrothorn as the Mechromancer
Bisharp as the Assassin

Clauses: None

Vegetunks937

The Superior Fusion
Years
Username: Vegetunks937
Game: Emerald
Team:
Charizard as the Soldier
Machamp as the Berserker
Rayquaza as the Number
Blastoise as the Soldier
Clauses: none

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Username: Kanea.

Game: Heart Gold.
TEAM:

Primeape as the Berserker.

Scyther as the Assasin.

Magnezone as the Mechromancer.

Victreebel as the Soldier.

Clauses: No.

Also do Swords Dance and everything count as support moves?

Edit:

I won't be here for a month and I'll be playing until I get back. Then we'll have a huge update.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Update #4:
Spoiler:

Team;
Blaziken (KFC)
Lv.57

Poliwrath (Froakie)
Lv.57

Mightyena (Shiny hiny)
Lv.56

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Update #1

Small. All I managed to do was start my game and beat the first Gym.

Caught Audino with Regenerator for my Siren.

Back