• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Branes Tile Editing (FR/LG/R/S/E - AdvanceMap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
This tutorial will show you basic ways to change tilesets in FR/LG/R/S/E.

All you will need is:
• Paint.
• AdvanceMap.
• A scetch of what you want to put in. (Max 4 colours)

Pokeball.JPG
Getting the tileset.
• Open up AdvanceMap.
• Load the rom you want to edit. (Make sure it has been extracted from the zip folder)
• You cant edit a tileset on a blank screen, so you will need to open up a map.(make sure the tileset you wish to edit is inside there)
• Go to tools --> block editor.
• Click save tileset.
• Save it where you want it as a DIB.
This is what the tileset would look like(mine has been edited already)
tileset1lq2.png

Pokeball.JPG
Actually editing the tileset. (Open block editor again)
The following window should open: (note I have changed a few tiles :P)
tilesetboxom2.png

The following actions are what you can do in the block editor.
tilesetboxkj1.png

1# Load or save a tileset. (There are two tilesets in each map, and are identified as tileset 1 and tileset two, to save a tileset you want is simple, Picture --> Save Tileset 1/2. 1 is the tileset that is on top in the map editor, on the right is the tiles, scroll down to the bottom and that is tileset two, you can change these as much as you want).
2# Change the pallete too the colours you want your new tiles too fit. (If you wish too edit a red pokecentre choose the red tileset, if you put it in the blue tileset it will stuff up).
List of palettes: (FR/LG)
• Green.
• Brown.
• Red.
• Blue.
• Mixture of red, blue, yellow and a few others.
• Sandish colours with a few extras.
• Different shades of blue (light)
• Just blue and black. (pallete not really used)
• Mix of orange and grey.
• Mixture of Yellow, Blue, Grey.
• Mixture of crimson, blue and a few others.
• Shades of green. (reccomended not using this one because half of it is just purple)
• Mixture of brown, blue and green.
• From then on plain black. (This would be useful if your using a pallette changer)
3# When you click on the tile you want to edit, it shows the smaller tiles that have been used to form it, you can change this with the tiles below the palette changer, and with the palette changer you can change it all together, making snowy trees or pokecentres blue.(Better explanation: In the pallete, there are the tilesets you have used, these tilesets are used to make the actual tile, you could put plain lines and make something out of it, but when changing the tilesets make sure you dont add anything extra and make sure you use the eyedropper to make it right, also when loading a tileset, if you used the greenery palette make sure you load a greenery paletted tileset. Though this works sometimes you can load it on something else, though it will change the tileset into the palette you are on. You can edit the tile by using different mini tiles as I call them)
Picture explanation:
picturequ8.png

Pokeball.JPG
Putting in something completely new.
• Open your tileset in paint.
• Have another paint opened with the item you wish too place in.
• Copy the item and paste it on what you want to replace, whether it's the skinny tree or the fat tree.(In this case I will put in a completely different sign)
• Put it over the item you wish to change.
• Use the eyedropper to copy it into the palette.
• Open AdvanceMap and load the rom you are editing.
• Go to Tools --> Block Editor --> Picture --> Load Tileset 1/2. (Depending on the one you wished to edit. Click the save button and reload the rom.

Picture Guide:
afdsfadsfadfasdasfdafsdyo2.png

I will edit it a few times to make it right and correct my errors, I hope everyone understood this.

Last edited by a moderator:

♠εx

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008

Sorry for the double post.
Spoiler:

Again sorry for the double post :P.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
This is REALY Helpful! Thank You aLOT!! I kinda got it but Ive been TRYING SO HARD to figure it out myself! But this will help alittle.. I known about most of it.. But this will help me just some more! Thank You.

♠εx

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008

Here are a few edits.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That about does it.

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
What version advance map is that?

Also, mine is only semi-translated and I can't read german. So if you know of a full english version, that would be great.

♠εx

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
This is for AdvanceMap 8.1 and 8.2

To download these go to http://www.studiopokemon.com

Click on the "English" Icon, and scroll down, there should be a link in the navigation saying Tools. You can get all the tools you need from there.

gag15

POkemon Master
Years
I dont get this i want to add new buildings, trees,grass,etc.. but when i follow the direction it messes up all the tiles!

by the way im using emerald

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2007
This is for AdvanceMap 8.1 and 8.2

Click on the "English" Icon, and scroll down, there should be a link in the navigation saying Tools. You can get all the tools you need from there.

I dont see english button.

♠εx

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
I dont get this i want to add new buildings, trees,grass,etc.. but when i follow the direction it messes up all the tiles!

by the way im using emerald

Like I said, you can extend the tileset because it will destroy all tiles basically, but if you want to add a new building, look through the tileset and copy down what it has. If your replacing the little house on tileset 1, open the tileset and see what tiles it has there as you can see it doesn't just have the building, it has the tile used to make it. Make sure your using the eyedropper tool to get the right colours. I'll show a picture of what to do when I have the time.

I dont see english button.
When you go to Studiopokemon, just click on any link and at the top their should be a little box where a salamence picture is, click on it.

Edit:
Heres the guide for gag15.
finishedva3.png

Yours might look different but this is simply a guide, though don't edit it too much.
Finished Product:
finishedor3.png

Last edited:

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Well, this was very useful. Really one of it's uses was getting me to actually try to edit my tiles. And now, I have my own awesome trees! Thanks Brane!

♠εx

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
[Update]

Creating New Tiles:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

♠εx

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
OMG - I dont know how can I go to TILESET after 50 - can you post some screenshots please?

When you open your rom go into a map and click the header view, make sure that it isn't in professional header view. They're should be a tileset section at the bottom. Make sure you've erased your tileset of all the second tilesets tiles. Replace the number with a different one. Hopefully it will work now.

When I open the rom, I get this message:
"1/0 error 87"
What the HELL does that mean?

Either you didn't install AM properly or the rom is corrupt. I'm not the creator so I wouldn't know :P.

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
DUDE I WANT TO ADD DP HOUSE AND POKEMON CENTERS IN TO MY GAME CAN U TELL ME HOW TO DO THAT CUSAE I FOLLOW UR TUTORIAL AND MT GAME GOT MESSED SO PLEASE TELL ME AND OTHER WAYY PLEASE FOR HOW TO DO IT RIGHT THANKS

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
DUDE I WANT TO ADD DP HOUSE AND POKEMON CENTERS IN TO MY GAME CAN U TELL ME HOW TO DO THAT CUSAE I FOLLOW UR TUTORIAL AND MT GAME GOT MESSED SO PLEASE TELL ME AND OTHER WAYY PLEASE FOR HOW TO DO IT RIGHT THANKS

First switch the capslock off ~,~
The Am Tileset Editing methode is the worst way to change the tilesets.
It works, but you have a good chance to crash your rom, because of the file size at the import step.
Use the unLZ GBA methode to change your tilesets, its saver and easier. You may need to run/make a "deep scan" and you have to do all in B/W (it can be with the right palette to but its a bit hard)
but when you write the stuff back to your rom you can give the tileset a new offset (when your going to wright your tileset back to the rom, give the tileset a new empty "image Offset") and thats the problem of the AM methode.
By inserting things you can overwright stuff that make your game messed up.

@♠εx:
sry to say that ^^".

♠εx

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Could someone please lock down this thread and my palette editting thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back