• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club V 2.0

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
Years
Zelda manga has been around for ages.. I own the Japanese and the new English releases. I want Feb 09 to hurry up so Majora can come out lmao.

Yeah. I looked up the BS things. There were multiple.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
As i said im going to look em up. Also anyone interested in the thought that we might get a second wii outing and better yet with motion+?
Edit: Im thinking about something. Four swords adventure. Now it has vatii right? Well then where is it located. Befor or after minish cap. Seriously im actually wondering and stuck on that thought.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
SO JOINING. LINK IS MY HOMEBOY.

I downloaded heaps of Zelda manga. Ocarina, Majora, Link to the Past, Minish Cap, Four Swords, Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. I started downloading Link's Awakening, but I much prefer Akira Himekawa's style.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
Years
Ah. Welcome to the club. Your signature is cuuute.

Akira Himegawa is like.. awesome at manga. I think they are two people though. Lmao.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Are they? xD I dunno.

Notice the Skymin's likeness to Link. His name is Linkmin. :3

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
As i said im going to look em up. Also anyone interested in the thought that we might get a second wii outing and better yet with motion+?
Edit: Im thinking about something. Four swords adventure. Now it has vatii right? Well then where is it located. Befor or after minish cap. Seriously im actually wondering and stuck on that thought.
The Minish Cap is a prequel to Four Swords. And Four Swords Adventures is a sequel to Four Swords. I use the terms "prequel" and "sequel" loosely. They are direct prequels and sequels. Their stories are related but other games do fall inbetween them

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
The Minish Cap is a prequel to Four Swords. And Four Swords Adventures is a sequel to Four Swords. I use the terms "prequel" and "sequel" loosely. They are direct prequels and sequels. Their stories are related but other games do fall inbetween them

Yeah, I was about to say "lulwut?" because, well, I've never played Four Swords or Minish Cap, but their Mangas say Vaati at the end of Minish cap went off with Ezlo back to their minish land, so one could say he couldn't just come back for Four Swords as the main evil guy.

The timeline of Zelda in general is pretty confusing x_x

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Yeah, I was about to say "lulwut?" because, well, I've never played Four Swords or Minish Cap, but their Mangas say Vaati at the end of Minish cap went off with Ezlo back to their minish land, so one could say he couldn't just come back for Four Swords as the main evil guy.

The timeline of Zelda in general is pretty confusing x_x
Manga isn't canon. Only text from the games and their manuals count. Developer comments are often contradictory due to information being revealed early in development and while a few high-profile members of the Zelda team help create new plot points for the manga - it is in essence just official fandom. Anything in the manga that contradicts the games should be discarded.

ie.: In the OoT manga, Sheik explains why the Sheikah symbol has a tear drop. Nothing in the game to discredit it, so you can keep that bit of information.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
Years
Zelda timeline is faaaaail. Angry Video Game Nerd does justice to explain it lmao. I love his interpretation.

Ah yeah. Manga isn't canon. Liiiike, I read the manga of OOT before I played the game, and got so confused. ._.;

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I think when it comes to history nintendo does squat for building a timeline. But we do know OoT is the first and i would think phantom hourglass or twilight princess would be the most furthest along the line.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
For me The Minish Cap is first. Anyway... I don't think Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass could come late in the timeline.

Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker are the games that take place after the timeline split. So, in that respect both titles are the start of new timelines (full of old games). Phantom Hourglass being a sequel to The Wind Waker would have to come early on in that timeline.

There's three aspects you can play around with. The stuff prior to OoT. The stuff that happens based on Ganon being sealed at the end of OoT. And the stuff that happens if Link going back in time at the end of OoT reverts everything - ie.: Ganon is prevented from taking over Hyrule (the execution scene we see in Twilight Princess).

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
Years
For me The Minish Cap is first. Anyway... I don't think Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass could come late in the timeline.

Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker are the games that take place after the timeline split. So, in that respect both titles are the start of new timelines (full of old games). Phantom Hourglass being a sequel to The Wind Waker would have to come early on in that timeline.

There's three aspects you can play around with. The stuff prior to OoT. The stuff that happens based on Ganon being sealed at the end of OoT. And the stuff that happens if Link going back in time at the end of OoT reverts everything - ie.: Ganon is prevented from taking over Hyrule (the execution scene we see in Twilight Princess).

OH LMAO. I made a mistake in my other post. I meant Minish Cap was first.

Does OOT come before ALTTP?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I'm forgetting stuff. ._." I should read/play again. I'm affraid I can't help you with your question, Dara.

Even though the manga is supposed to be "unofficial inormation" for official fandom, I still think it's a nice add. Also, for those that didn't get to play the games, it's good to give at least an idea what the game is supposed to be like. Of course game experience > manga reading.
And the manga has some things that game misses RAVEN 8D But those things are rare and not really necessairy for the story to devellop.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
OH LMAO. I made a mistake in my other post. I meant Minish Cap was first.

Does OOT come before ALTTP?
If you've only played the Game Boy Advance version than you're missing out on a lot of backstory for A Link to the Past. So, if you can go read the manual from the original SuperNES version - or better yet the Japanese version since Nintendo of America really made up a lot of gibberish (and left out stuff) when they were translating.

Ocarina of Time is supposed to be the backstory of A Link to the Past as seen in the Japanese manual - although...a little bit different. OoT retcons it.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
True true but it was stated by sigeru himself that OoT is intended to be first. Split timelines? Eh could work although technically the whole hyrule being flooded thing is 100 years after OoT due to ganon rising here and there and to stop the whole him rising events the godesses flooded hyrule. Anyway anylists certainyl do make this word better. Link why so!
Also anyone wondering who im reffering to or orientating post to is tri89 about 1 hour ago.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
True true but it was stated by sigeru himself that OoT is intended to be first. Split timelines? Eh could work although technically the whole hyrule being flooded thing is 100 years after OoT due to ganon rising here and there and to stop the whole him rising events the godesses flooded hyrule. Anyway anylists certainyl do make this word better. Link why so!
Also anyone wondering who im reffering to or orientating post to is tri89 about 1 hour ago.
Believe me, I hate the idea of a split timeline but...it is official and has been confirmed multiple times. So, we're going to have to live with it. :\

Miyamoto said that around the release of OoT. Prior to the release of TWW, it was supposed to be the first game - obviously that changed. Things changed over time. Heck, if I'm think of the same quote, then I believe Miyamoto said "Ocarina of Time is the first story, then the original Legend of Zelda, then Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and finally A Link to the Past. It's not very clear where Link's Awakening fits in--it could be anytime after Ocarina of Time." We know this to be false.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I get you i get you. I finally found my favorite zelda fan site. Seriously this place got all(im pointing to our little manga discussion look around and you will see why). It not only has that but it has game info and such. And a gfuide to hyrule. I also find their timeline interesting. If thats not enough ill post another great one!
My fave fansite!
My alternative zelda game info site!

Back