• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many times have you replayed DPPt?

Skalla

Drama Queen
Years
I play through Diamond every once in a while, or when I just get bored. The only reason I keep returning to it is probably slight nostalgia for it but it could be something else.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
Hmmm I have replayed by Diamond and Pearl versions twice each, and Platinum three times (I own two versions of Platinum :P).

Diamond is my primary game for Generation IV which carries all my event Pokemon and other Pokemon which i consider valuable. It is also home to my Pokemon Battle Revolution team passes. :D I use Pearl for breeding predominantly, as all my boxes are pretty much filled with eggs. Now I Have two versions of Platinum because I use one copy for the Battle Frontier, and also again for Pokemon Battle Revolution, whilst the second copy is for me to use for challenges and replays at my discretion. :3

Personally I was wrapped in the Generation IV plot! I was heavily engaged within the storyline and found it difficult to put down, unlike any other version thus far. I enjoyed the depth and level of detail in Generation IV. Though this may just be because I had a long break from Pokemon after Generation III. XD

I'm thinking about restarting Platinum again with a NFE team just for fun, and because it's been a while since I've previously played through DPP. :')

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I've completed three separate playthroughs of Diamond, and haven't picked it up since finishing the last one. I guess it's run its course.

My first playthrough started from when I got Diamond in 2007. I was a mere eight years old, and selected Piplup as my starter. This one's one of the most complete and in-depth playthroughs of any Pokemon game I have ever played: I managed, through some extraordinary determination, to get Piplup (by then Empoleon) to Level 100 (I've never gotten another Pokemon to Level 100) and obtained more than half of the Pokedex (no small feat for an 8-9 year old with no Internet access). I would periodically return to this playthrough until late-2011, when my save file corrupted owing to me failing to take the cartridge out of my pocket when my clothes were getting washed.

My second playthrough began in around December 2011 and ended around June 2012. I started out with Infernape, did a "speed" run through the game, barely ever even attempted to grind, and when I felt I had done enough, I transferred everything to my Black save file and erased my data.

My third playthrough was short and sweet; it started in September 2012 and ended in the same month. Once again, I ran through the game very quickly, trying to be as deviant in what I caught as I could from my last two playthroughs (this time, I started out with Turtwig), and as soon I had beaten the Elite Four, I transferred everything again, erased my data and put Diamond away in a comfortable place. I haven't touched it since.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
I would've played diamond a lot more if it wasn't for the very slow battling damage calculations. However, I remember starting platinum about 10 times but only winning the E4 only 3 times, mostly because of nuzlocke failures and wanting to do a race to the E4. Or doing a new challenge like I'm doing on my channel (shameless plug-in, I'm sorry :P)

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Only two times, playing one as Dawn and other as Lucas in Platinum. I played Diamond only once, didnt feel like replaying it but it was sure enjoyable when I first got it <3 Gen 4 ftw.

Years
Two times. When I played for the second time, I had much fun, because I've planned my team very wisely and it was just a pure pleasure.

Years
Only about two times. ;~; I didn't want to overwrite my save file so I could only bring myself to erase everything once before wanting to just keep all my progress.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Diamond too many times to count. Platinum twice, or maybe three times. More enjoyable the less I've played it.

TreeTerraGames

Youtuber - Pokemon
Years
I don't own Pearl but I've played Platinum 2 times over and Diamond 4 times (Diamond mainly because it kept deleting my save (I think it was fake) and I had to go through it all again).

Years
I've played Diamond twice. Haven't started a new save file on it since August 2007. About 6 years ago now.

I've played Pearl about 2 or 3 times. I can't remember. The last time I played it was in March last year, as I attempted a Nuzlocke challenge which ended at the Pokemon League. Darn.

Platinum, twice reset; I was reluctant in resetting it in fact. I regretted it at the time but since then I've come to accept it :P

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
I've finished Diamond a countless amount of times, Pearl twice & Platinum 3 times. However, I enjoyed Platinum the most.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
I've only played platinum and diamond each once! Im the kind of person who cant let go of their pokemon....plus im trying to figure out the postgame!

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
I played through Diamond at least three times.
First time I stopped after Cynthia, was bored since I had to grind a bit to beat her team and started over.
Second run through I had a more compact team of 4 Pokemon, and abused the Versus Seeker a lot more, making my team far more formidable by the time I beat the Elite Four, but wasn't enthralled enough to move on to the last leg of the story.

Eventually, when my brother got his DS, I traded some specific Pokemon over to my game so I wouldn't have as much leveling up to do and completed the game and currently use it as storage for Pokemon to trade over to SS, and to complete trade evolutions for SS.

I realized I enjoyed it a lot more when I learned of the great trainers to rematch, but the ability to choose my own starting team over the selection in Sinnoh was probably for the best.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm going to go with three times.
The second time around, the first Pokemon I caught was a Starly and I still have her as a lvl100 Staraptor. <3

Sirfetch’d

I've played Pearl about 3 times, Diamond twice, and I have only played Platinum once so no replay there for me.

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
I'm still finishing up my first playthrough of diamond. Never played pearl or platinum though.

Years
I've never started over on my Diamond since defeating it 6 years ago, and I started a game in Pearl, but never completed it. My brother took Pearl from me and started his own game instead, and that's also incomplete. As for Platinum, I've never owned it :(

Back