• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Well, be sure to tell me the results!

Also, just started new file on Sacred Stones...after playing Awakening so long, the jump from 3ds to GBA was pretty jarring. The first two chapters were hard to get through due to me expecting more out of the game and trying to get used to the new interface(I miss not being able to pair up like I was able to in Awakening)

I checked last night and it shows the children from the latest play through it seems so it would show Owain with brown hair in yours.

Sir Codin

The magic of my avatar is just so ridiculously overpowered.

With even the weakest spells I'm clocking in over 145 damage average whenever I get a critical with Ignis activated.

My avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Libra, Lucina, Gregor, and Thurja slaughter damn near anything that tries to get to close.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
The magic of my avatar is just so ridiculously overpowered.

With even the weakest spells I'm clocking in over 145 damage average whenever I get a critical with Ignis activated.

My avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Libra, Lucina, Gregor, and Thurja slaughter damn near anything that tries to get to close.

Tharja could pretty much tank anything on my second play through with Nosferatu spam. Henry was almost as good but Tharja seemed to be better at it to me. I actually didn't use Frederick after pairing him with Miriel because I had others I wanted to train and eventually he fell behind.

Sir Codin

Hard Classic is starting to get irritating for me, especially when it comes to recruiting child units and leveling up my weaker units.

I'm a newcomer to the series, so it's probably my own fault. I'm just more used to games like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, where a) your units don't die permanently (yes, I realize Casual mode allows your units in Awakening to not die, but I really don't want to start a new file after so much work already) and b) there's always the chance of battles popping up with reasonable enemies to level up your weaker units with nearly every time you move on the world map.

Oh, the only child units I have so far are Lucina and Owain.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Carchar, if you're worried about not being able to level up, see if there's anywhere you can buy Reeking Boxes yet (I don't know since I have yet to play on Classic with any difficulty) as they spawn foes on whatever part of the map you're on. They'll be relatively expensive on Hard mode to discourage grinding, but they're worth it.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
This is my first Fire Emblem as well after the first few missions on my second play through I was able to adjust to the noticeable jump in difficulty between Normal/Casual and Hard/Classic. All of the children characters can become awesome if you take the time to train them seeing as typically they'll surpass their parents in stats.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Yeah, Gerome and Owain are two of my best units.
I hope FE: Awakening gets a sequel with similar gameplay and interface soon. I love the game so much! (I also want the Summer of Bonds DLC because I've heard it features major fanservice. I have yet to know what that 'fanservice' is.)

Years
I finally beat the game a few days ago! Unfortantly being terrible at strategy games, my victory was half-baked, and about half of my roster didn't make it to see the end (which isn't good seeing I only was playing on Normal/Classic)

I plan to do a second runthough on normal, acually give myself a chance to absorb the game more carefully and learn the game play a little deeper. Keeping my characters alive and getting all the kids/original marriages I wanted.

Here's how my supports panned out.

Chrom/Sumia
Henry/Cordelia
Stahl/Sully (My favourite relationship)
Ricken/Lisa
Libra/Panne

Deaths/Retirements

Miriel
Vaike
Virion
Gregor
Lon' qu
Donnel
Tharja
Cherche
Olivia
Kellam
Maribelle
Tiki

I'm finishing up some of the bonus box/DLC/Orange Paralogue Maps.

Spoiler:

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Spoiler:

They are more so for character. So you don't even have to add them to the map if you don't want to keep the story elements.

Yeah, Gerome and Owain are two of my best units.
I hope FE: Awakening gets a sequel with similar gameplay and interface soon. I love the game so much! (I also want the Summer of Bonds DLC because I've heard it features major fanservice. I have yet to know what that 'fanservice' is.)

Well the fanservice is
Spoiler:
and there are a LOT of conversations.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I mentioned that gripe on the previous page before, but:

Spoiler:

Anyways, I think I'm done with this game for awhile. I've overplayed it. :laugh: On to previous FE titles.

darkpokeball

Years
I simply don't view post-game as storyline.
For example, Emmeryn returning was just a bonus or 'what-if' chapter, not part of the storyline. Let's face it; if Emmeryn came back to life during the main game, the plot would just rapidly decline.
Also, I'm convinced my Awakening game has a jinx. Whoever I recruit to join my Awakening team from Sacred STones (through Bonus Box), that character then dies in Sacred Stones.
*sigh*
I miss Seth from Sacred Stones. At least he's in Awakening now.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
^Frederick has that title now. ;)

Those paralouges aren't really post-game, they're available before the final fight. Either way, they were still given endings and what-not so I can't simply brush it off as a "what-if" scenario.

Sir Codin

Solving my grinding problems like a boss.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Such a live saver on Lunatic/Classic. Forces you not to waste time trying to grind with the limited enemies on that free Champions of Yore DLC Map.

lol, I bought all DLC available up to this point aside from the one that gives you the Silver Card. I see no point in half-off prices if I have infinite money.

darkpokeball

Years
^How did you let Seth die? He is the best Jeigan in the series!
Well, I was on chapter 8 and I didn't realize that Ephraim's weapon could kill the boss in a single hit. The boss was slaughtering Seth(who I always sent in for the boss fight), and I thought that if Seth had difficulty, what chance did Ephraim have? (I know, I should've checked, but...)
So, the boss killed Seth and then I sent Garcia in for the final blow, since Seth lowered the boss to like...2 HP. Garcia kills him, and I move on with Eirika's route...but Seth is still dead.

I blame my Awakening game for jinxing him. Lesson learned: Don't bring in past units from other games to Awakening. Also, I'm having huge difficulty with the Infinite Regalia DLC. Any tips?

Sir Codin

Finally got many of my units strong enough to hold their own in the Child recruitment missions.

Added dashing rogue Inigo to the team.

Children I have so far:

Morgan
Inigo
Lucina
Owain
Kjelle

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Well, I was on chapter 8 and I didn't realize that Ephraim's weapon could kill the boss in a single hit. The boss was slaughtering Seth(who I always sent in for the boss fight), and I thought that if Seth had difficulty, what chance did Ephraim have? (I know, I should've checked, but...)
So, the boss killed Seth and then I sent Garcia in for the final blow, since Seth lowered the boss to like...2 HP. Garcia kills him, and I move on with Eirika's route...but Seth is still dead.

I blame my Awakening game for jinxing him. Lesson learned: Don't bring in past units from other games to Awakening. Also, I'm having huge difficulty with the Infinite Regalia DLC. Any tips?

Train. Train more. No really train a bit and bring in people with magic and skills that let them recover hp. Also make sure to bait the warriors at range so counter won't rip you to shreds. Also a healer is a good idea. Oh yeah, don't feel rushed because the thieves have 2 turns after they get the chests before they leave so you have wiggle room to be cautious. (Or just have a bunch of maxed out units come in a kill everyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back