• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
You need to level up at least once to gain EV-based stats.

So no, in my knowledge and experience, it's impossible.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
You need to level up at least once to gain EV-based stats.

So no, in my knowledge and experience, it's impossible.

That's not true on youtube theres a vid showing an Arceus being ev trained at level 100

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9gxYCNPQQU

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Yes it is possible I ev trained my Dream World Arceus witht the wings(They are like the proteins etc. they give automatic EVS)

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Yes it is possible I ev trained my Dream World Arceus witht the wings(They are like the proteins etc. they give automatic EVS)

Is it possible only with Arceus or with all pokemon?

Also is this a viable way to do it or are wings way too hard to get?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
All Pokemon. I have been on the bridges for hours collecting wings and giving them to all my Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
All Pokemon. I have been on the bridges for hours collecting wings and giving them to all my Pokemon.

Wow, so I should just play my game with my main 6 without worrying about EV training them because I can just do it later?

Awesome!!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Where can I see Victini in-game? Either like Zorua with the little image that pops up (to register in the 'dex), or from a trainer.

treecko0

Carpe Diem
Years
Hmm Ive finished the E4 but I want to train up my pokes mainly ruffet deino ans samurott the others are alot higher. their level ranges from 41-45 yet im finding it hard to train them event in victory road, so were is a good place to train them?

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
Years
I have two questions actually:
1.Is there a 5th Gen equivalent to Ditto, or do I have to wait to beat the game before I can start easy breeding?
2.Do I need all three of the Shiny Event Dogs in order to access the event in Black/White?

Years
  • Age 28
  • USA.
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
I have two questions actually:
1.Is there a 5th Gen equivalent to Ditto, or do I have to wait to beat the game before I can start easy breeding?
2.Do I need all three of the Shiny Event Dogs in order to access the event in Black/White?
Answers:
1. I'm sure you're gonna have to wait until you beat the game.
2. You only need one of the event dogs, not all three.

Question:
I am currently in the desert resort. I found this cave with statues around it. Where do I go from here? A guy inside of there says he's digging sand or something...

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
Where can I see Victini in-game? Either like Zorua with the little image that pops up (to register in the 'dex), or from a trainer.

Spoiler:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Answers:
1. I'm sure you're gonna have to wait until you beat the game.
2. You only need one of the event dogs, not all three.

Question:
I am currently in the desert resort. I found this cave with statues around it. Where do I go from here? A guy inside of there says he's digging sand or something...
Get out of Desert Resort area and go back to Route 4, then head North and you will end up in Nimbasa City. As for when you can proceed past that point I am not sure on that portion.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I know Reshiram and Zekrom are programmed not to be shiny, so could someone let me know if any other legendaries are programmed this way as well? I'm SRing for a shiny Victini right now, but someone told me they think it's programmed to not be shiny.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
I know Reshiram and Zekrom are programmed not to be shiny, so could someone let me know if any other legendaries are programmed this way as well? I'm SRing for a shiny Victini right now, but someone told me they think it's programmed to not be shiny.
:( You're wasting your time. Smogon group confirmed Victini to be shiny-checked. Resh, Zek & Vic are the only legendaries with shiny check, though.

@Skapo: Nope, they give +1, making them almost useless. Seriously, getting over a hundred of each would be a pain in the rear.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How many badges do I need to use HM Fly?

You only need to beat Driftveil Gym to use it, plus Bianca gives you it around that area (first entrance? or second? I forgot), so you can't really use it before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back