• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
Years
Here is one I just made
2lu9r1d.jpg

Years
I'm offering this up for opinions.

kitsunote.gif

Kitsunote, a sound-based ghost fox pokemon that lives in things such as wooden flutes (which this one is holding). I forget at the moment what else I had going for this. I tried leaning more towards the D/P style for this one. Thoughts?

(I hate those arms. Those were such a pain to get to look right.)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
hey me likey!! would be thinking how awesome it would be if wild ones can be found with the different kinds of flutes.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Yeah Cowrie, as I told you before, the design is excellent and very ingenuitive. I love how you've made it come out of the flute.

And as I also said before, you've pretty much got the DP style hands down. Your shading is excellently done.

Oh! And it's winking too!!

Years
hey me likey!! would be thinking how awesome it would be if wild ones can be found with the different kinds of flutes.
Yeah, possibly - I think I originally had it where they could inhabit different flute-like objects anyways. I dunno, I'd have to go back and re-think things, since I never wrote down anything certain for it.

Yeah Cowrie, as I told you before, the design is excellent and very ingenuitive. I love how you've made it come out of the flute.

And as I also said before, you've pretty much got the DP style hands down. Your shading is excellently done.

Oh! And it's winking too!!
:] Good to hear...haha, I was worrying over the shading, though not as much as the outline. I always wondered if I had too much dark color, or not enough dark color, or whatever.

Heh, yep, it is!

Years
Well...Giovanni is here to lighten up this place. Let's see here..
Ah here we go! Yes...i got some sprite requests for you guys!
Lets see how good you guys are...and also for my hack..:3
Okay. First off i need A Demyx sprited (yes from KH2 call me insane) And an Axel (KH2 again). If these two are done it will be very much appreciated and you name will obviously go in the credits...thank you for your time.

Giovanni.

Years
Has anyone designed a Yellow Version sprite of Pikachu following Ash? I would love to see it!
I've gone ahead and merged your post with this discussion thread, because that's where it best belongs. :) Please remember that the only thing that should be posted in the main PA forum are threads showcasing sprites/pixel art, while any and all questions should be posted in this thread.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
I got bored and started working on a Torchic overworld.
torchicowev6.png

Ees Nice. You dink ees nice? (Translation: I like it quite a lot. What do you think of it?)

EDIT: I compared it to all the other FR/LG overworlds and noticed it was a little tall.
torchicow2id1.png

Which one do you think is better?

Last edited:

[MikeGTS]

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Rate my Sprite

Here's my latest, the remaking of the Johto map, please comment, and ask for permission if you would like to use it on anything ;)

johtoit8.png

Last edited:
Years
holdit.gif

Sorry, but seeing as this is sprite work, 4 examples needs to be shown in order to keep a showcasing thread.

So unless you're planning to post more, I'll have to move this to the Spriters Showcase thread.

Frazzler

Developing Creativity
Years
Hey, found the site up again this week, figured with nothing better to do id start spriting again.

Ive analysed the recent D/P sprites noticing a very rare use of a third highlight colour and more dark outlines of black or a dark grey. So, I sorta combined that into a new sprite. Im not quite sure if it fits the bill though.

First evo of a bug chain I hope to continue.
newpoke1zb8.png

Yeah, 100% scratch.
Crits and Coms please.

-Fraz

Last edited:

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
Um..

Hey,

I want to make a ROM hack-- and I need some tiles in the right pallete.

If you're willing to help, post here.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
I added more stuff to the Torchic Overworld Sprite.

torchicow2iy5.png

Please comment.

those are looking awesome, man!! nice work.

frazzler -- the shading and outlining is awesome, but i'm not liking the concept itself. it looks like a worm with a cloak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back