• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I just finished the hack, and so far, it looks good. The references I found were; Brendan, Reference to Imakuni?, Reference to Dr. Quackenpoker, and Reference to Ceiling Cat (Ceiling Meowth). I liked the random charmander, surprised me but its my favorite starter. I got up to the supernerd and had a 20ish eevee, 18 charmeleon, 12 or 13 pikachu, and 11 or 12 butterfree. Once I saw Brendan, I was like, wow that looks like the kid from r/s/e, and I guess I was right. The duel thing looked pretty cool, but reminded me of yu-gi-oh. Kinda mad I couldn't duel though. I didn't glitch the mt. moon part to go further, I'll just wait. Anyway, sorry for all the writing, I just wanted to tell you how good it is so far. Keep it up, and if you need any help on the game, even though I can barely remember any rumors except for the truck, just let me know. I can sprite or make maps, and come up with ideas I guess?

EDIT: I just made a venustoise sprite if you need one, I didn't know what format to save it as though so I just did png.
Venustoise.png

Last edited:

dudez

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2011
Hey! i finished the demo and started to look for something intresting with walk trough walls cheat and found master ball behind cuttable bushes in route before entering viridian forest

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Hey! i finished the demo and started to look for something intresting with walk trough walls cheat and found master ball behind cuttable bushes in route before entering viridian forest

Sounds like someone added a secret little easter egg ^3^

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
If I remember correctly there was a screen in the old Secrets and Rumors thread showing off the Venastoise...

Also next time you should save the sprites in .png (or .bmp but .png is recommended) as the rest ruin the quality of the sprite.
gif doesn't ruin the quality, if you export it with an optimised palette using the GIMP or Fireworks.

Are you able to access a pc in the far left corner of the pokemon league record room in this hack?

Awec

Maniacal Egotist ~
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
This hack is so awesome I am actually anticipating the full version of this as much as I am anticipating Shiny Gold. Can't wait until it's finished.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2011
I just replayed this game again and its impressed me more and more and hopefully there will be more updates

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
Don't rush him because we'd all like to see this hack come out as smoothly and as nice as possible.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I see you cant be online much, so I hope you are able to work on your hack while not being around. I cannot wait to hear more stuff about this game :)

Good luck with everything!

lord_hardware

Lord Hardware
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
Make sure to add the very small encounter-rate of the level 99 Metapod in Veridian Forest... i think it was 1 in every 1000 times you encountered a pokemon in veridian, you would find a lvl 99 Metapod that only knew harden... i spent HOURS in that forest :P

spaceboy827

BTing and hacking, fun stuff
Years
great hack, played the demo and it was great (even tho i didnt use cheats)
great concept too.
oh and i was goin to battle gary on the path to the pkmn league like normal and he wasnt there :/ did i just mess up or is he not in the game there? and for the house, could it be the place where ash found haunter n the anime? (or was that at the pokemon tower?)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hi people! It's a pity to see this place without too much activity. I wonder if there is anything interesting to know about the project?

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
Yes, I have been checking this thread almost daily, and still no replies. Darn it zel, you got my hopes up that maybe skeetendo actually posted an update :P. J/k.
Skeetendo, if you are out there, give us a sign, we want to hear you are still alive!

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2016
hopefully donphan will be here, i remember he was in the first pokemon movie!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
lawl...CATS!!!
Awesome ideas...Hmmmm
I...now...try to remember...uh...
Ah!
Are you/have you implemented Bill's Secret Garden?
Can't be screwed searching the thread...xD

Yopr

*muffle*
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
Too bad about Pyro... I wonder where he disappeared to. Well, whether he comes back or not I think you should just keep up the good work. I'm very interested in this old hack that you're bringing back. I wonder what it could be... Legends perhaps? :P Also can't wait to see those new screenshots.

Oh and bump :)

Edit: Strange, if you go to the Skeetendo website there is a countdown... it seems to be counting down to Saturday... around 2-3 o'clock...

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
YAY! Am i the only one who thinks them going back to sterling silver is a good thing? I hope not. Cause tell you the truth i liked it better. Oh well that sucks about the site and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back