• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

❆Welcome to the Gym, Time to Test Your Might❆ (Gym Leaders' Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Howdy, I think I'll join this lovely new club.

Name:
Curious.
Your Gym Leader: Jasmine.
2 Partner Pokemon: (From Gym Leader) Metagross ; (Captured) Scizor.

Why have you joined to be trained:

Ever since I began playing Pokemon I found that the ideas and concepts of having gym leaders was really creative and fun, and ever since then, I'd research heavily on each of the gym leaders, alternating between them, finding my favourites etc. My choice of Jasmine is quite simply really, I love steel types. They're streamline, shiny and not to mention quite hardy, which is always a plus. I found that Jasmine was the better looking out of all Gym Leaders haha; Bryson... ew; needs a shave and a shower. xD;

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Howdy, I think I'll join this lovely new club.

Name:
Curious.
Your Gym Leader: Jasmine.
2 Partner Pokemon: (From Gym Leader) Metagross ; (Captured) Scizor.

Ever since I began playing Pokemon I found that the ideas and concepts of having gym leaders was really creative and fun, and ever since then, I'd research heavily on each of the gym leaders, alternating between them, finding my favourites etc. My choice of Hasmine is quite simply really, I love steel types. They're streamline, shiny and not to mention quite hardy, which is always a plus. I found that Jasmine was the better looking out of all Gym Leaders haha; Bryson... ew; needs a shave and a shower. xD;

Elesa is better looking than Jasmine Oh wait, you called her Hasmine once in your answer there :P Thought that was a little funny but anyway:

I got the same exact way in searching for favoritism as you do. Only I search more into for the female ones. That's why I always say Elesa and Skyla are the best looking and back up Misty, Whitney and Erika as well. :) Lt Surge is actually the only male gym leader I like myself, plus Brock but he's a different story. Couldn't stay away from Ash ehh? :P

I was sad when Misty left the show. To me, a hot-tempered friend adds more realism to the show and I thought she really completed Ash (even if they fought like crazy!) I really liked her on the show, probably also because of her interesting backround too. Maybe it explains why she was so short tempered, being the youngest of four girls. One of my favorite episodes with her was where she had her first battle with Ash at the Cerulean Gym. Idk... she just made the show to me.
Anything with Misty on the show was actually good enough for me. I saw her return in a couple episodes with May and Max. I was so thrilled to see Misty return. Definitely in a different outfit, it was quite awesome for the change!

Which means its time for a new topic...

Which gym leaders or type of gym battles do you expect in Black 2 and White 2?

Well with that being said, I do expect a rotation vs Triple Battle (difference between Black 2 and White 2) to show up. We did have one Double Battle in the Hoenn Region with that Psychic twins, why not have 3v3? (I only had Pokemon Black 1, the first gym didn't even had 3v3 like I thought, which disappointed me) And we haven't had a Dark gym yet. With the exception of the Elite Four using them, that is totally different.

I believe there will be about 1 or 2 gym leaders that will carry over. The rest?

Well we know Homika-Poison and Shizui-Water. We can cancel out 2 with 6 to go. I believe there will be another Electric gym, with Eelektross of course. Later on in the game, further than where they put Elesa as Gym #4. If anyone, I would love the game even more if they have her in it, not even as a gym leader xD

I'm not exactly good at coming up with puzzles and mazes and I'll leave that up to everyone else to predict this, but I've came up with:

Poison-Water-Steel-Psychic-Fighting-Dark-Electric-Dragon

What does everyone think about having a possible tournament or of some sort for Pokemon Online with these Gym Leader's Pokemon? Of course this will be later on, will need at least 20 members to happen.

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Hope that Pidgey isn't ready to faint!
I wouldn't say they are all respectful. There are quite a few that are mean and doesn't want to talk or battle against you(the player, of course). I completely agree with what you say about Homika. I think I may like her and enjoy her greatly myself as well. That Generation IV Water-type gym leader you are speaking of? Crasher Wake. It's still very earlier to tell and give an opinion on these guys until the game releases or the anime show their appearances.

Now as for your joining, why do you choose Falkner? Anything specific about him?
Other than a freebie to choosing Pidgey :P

& last but not least: WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!!

How dare you say such things about my Pidgey!
I agree that all gym leaders aren't equally respected, though I don't recall any instances of one not wanting to battle you without reason. Pryce seemed like a cold hearted bastard at first, since he didn't really care about the Pokémon at all, though that was later revealed to be because of his Mamoswine supposedly abandoning him, though it was found frozen in a cave where it must've been for quite a long time. His heart was melted together with the ice surrounding Mamoswine, and his nice side turned and faced the light again, giving me renewed respect for him.
Other than that the only ones I remember were Jasmine, which was only because her Ampharos was sick and she had to take care of it, and Volkner, whose reasons I don't exactly remember, other than that they were good reasons.

My initial choice would actually have been Pryce, though I saw that someone had already chosen him, and I like to be original. The reason that Falkner was my second choice, was mainly, as you mentioned, because of the freebie to get Pidgey xD. Though I mostly like the fact that he's a MALE Flying type gym leader, and I guess he has a quite cool design. I'm not much for his hair, but the overworlds fixed that :p
Other than that, I obviously like his in-game team, and I guess they expanded that in HGSS with the rematches? Man, I really need to get one of those games.

As for the topic, I really want to see a Ghost type gym again. If I remember correctly, we haven't seen one since Morty's gym in Gen II, and that's a looooooooooong time ago. :/ Maybe also going original and making a mixed type gym, like one with a lot of types. That'd be cool ^^

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Name: Mavy
Your Gym Leader: Blue
2 Partner Pokemon: (From Gym Leader) Arcanine (Captured) Charizard!!!!

I wanna be the strongest and mightiest Gym Leader!!!

Years
Name: Hikari10
Your Gym Leader: Elesa
2 Partner Pokemon: (From Gym Leader) Emolga, (Captured) Manectric
Why have you joined to be trained: I want to learn more and understand the strategies of Gym Leaders. I love most of the Gym Leaders but the reason I picked Elesa was cos she has the coolest design of them and Electric is one of my fave types, not to mention I love Emolga.

What do you think of the new Gym Leaders for Black and White 2: Homika and Shizui?
I think they have cool designs, especially Homika. I'm loving all the fanart she's getting right now and we haven't had a Poison Gym Leader since Kanto. As for Shizui, his skin looks weird but I like his hair. I bet B2/W2 will be really awesome.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Name: angelomanalo
Your Gym Leader: Let's say Candice.
2 Partner Pokemon: Candice's Sneasel and my Vanilluxe.

I love Gym Leaders! Majority of them have my favorite Pokemon.
Majority of the Hoenn Gym Leaders are not my favorite, but I like Roxanne the most, because she has a Steelix.
I like all Kanto Gym Leaders, I never liked Chuck, Claire, Wallace, and majority of the Unova Gym Leaders.
I like Bryce because he has the evolved form of my favorite Pokemon, Vanillite. :)
Plus, Clay is my only favorite Unova Gym Leader because he has Palpitoad.
Happy now?

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Must join awesome new club!
Name: Cosmotone
Your Gym Leader: Volkner
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules & Yes we can have nicknames!): Electivire (Shock) and Luxray (Volt)
Why have you joined to be trained: This looks like a really cool club! Will also pm you about a affilliation with my club as well as getting some userbars. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Which gym leaders or type of gym battles do you expect in Black 2 and White 2?

Briefly I think the types will go Poison > Water > Bug > Electric > Ground > Flying > Ice > Dragon; so the same as before the replacing the first two for the two new gyms. :3 I think this because of what we've seen so far, it just seems like this is the only way it could work. I seriously hope the Striaton gym returns though; hopefully they'll have decided to make it a triple battle! And then hopefully one of the new leaders (or an old one) will make their's a rotation battle; there aren't enough of those in the games atm! D:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
How dare you say such things about my Pidgey!
As for the topic, I really want to see a Ghost type gym again. If I remember correctly, we haven't seen one since Morty's gym in Gen II, and that's a looooooooooong time ago. :/

I think you've forgotten about Fantina haha.

I'm only really expecting a few minor changes in regards to the Gym Leaders in BW2. I don't think they'll implement a new electric gym, and I do hope they don't implement triple/rotational battle in gym fights, since I hate them to pieces. I honestly don't know why, but I prefer single/double battle, none of this over-the-top battling styles. :< What I reaaally want though is a Dark Type Gym like you said. I think if Gamefreak were to do this, I'd want it as an 8th or so gym, being extremely challenging as I found Karyn to be. ;; k total nub.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

I think you've forgotten about Fantina haha.

I'm only really expecting a few minor changes in regards to the Gym Leaders in BW2. I don't think they'll implement a new electric gym, and I do hope they don't implement triple/rotational battle in gym fights, since I hate them to pieces. I honestly don't know why, but I prefer single/double battle, none of this over-the-top battling styles. :< What I reaaally want though is a Dark Type Gym like you said. I think if Gamefreak were to do this, I'd want it as an 8th or so gym, being extremely challenging as I found Karyn to be. ;; k total nub.
I'm taking it at the time of the Generation III gaming, you didn't like the twins at all either, because you disliked the Double Battle idea? :
P Time to bring out the seal:

Which Gym Leader(s) do you think is the most annoying or the toughest? Can you provide a top 3 list?
I found them to be a pain in the butt with that Solrock and Lunatone. My goodness, they were quite annoying, in my opinion! Then there's that Miltank, Whitney has. I found her to be a very frustrated Gym Leader, at that time. This being in Generation II that is. I didn't have that much of a problem with her in Generation IV myself. And the 3rd one would be hard to choose. I would probably have to go with Claire with that Kingdra. That Kingdra can be a pain sometime. So I'm going with these three:

1. Twins-Tate & Liza with Solrock and Lunatone
  2. Whitney with Miltank
  3. Clarie with Kingdra

Olli

Years
I kinda forgot that Fantina even existed, so you might not be completely off xD
I'd still really like to see a Ghost gym in B2W2, since Ghost types are such an epic type, and need some more recognizion, especially with how few weaknesses they actually have.

Briefly I think the types will go Poison > Water > Bug > Electric > Ground > Flying > Ice > Dragon; so the same as before the replacing the first two for the two new gyms. :3 I think this because of what we've seen so far, it just seems like this is the only way it could work. I seriously hope the Striaton gym returns though; hopefully they'll have decided to make it a triple battle! And then hopefully one of the new leaders (or an old one) will make their's a rotation battle; there aren't enough of those in the games atm! D:
I can't help but think such a lineup would be incredibly boring, since seeing the same gym types two main games in a row is a no-no, and I think Gamefreak sees that. Other than that, I don't agree how you say a lineup like that would be the only way it would work, since most of Unova is frozen over, leaving most of the places where the other gyms were unavailable.
Spoiler:

Also, with all the ice covering the world, I can't help but feel there should be an Ice type gym. But we'll just have to see once the game is out :p

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Hmm.... I think I agree with olli for the most part about the BW2 Gyms, though not sure that the world will be covered in ice.
Q: Which Gym Leader(s) do you think is the most annoying or the toughest? Can you provide a top 3 list?
1) Flannery
This gym was INSANELY annoying on my first playthrough. I was like, eight, so I just picked Pokemon I liked and not balanced ones. Thus I had just two pokemon at this point, which were Swellow and Sceptile. Piece together the puzzle, and you realize that those two pokemon provide the most ineffective way for me to tackle Flannery. Especially with stupid Torkal and stupid overheat w/white herb. Beat it finally on the 8 or 9th try. XD
2) Whitney
I dont need to give an explanation here, do I? An all male team just does not work in that gym.
3) Blue
I was way too underleveled for this gym, and thus barely won by using like 15 revives.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Which Gym Leader(s) do you think is the most annoying or the toughest? Can you provide a top 3 list?

1. Elesa
I cannot... SIMPLY CANNOT beat her. She was the hardest gym leader I have ever faced. All of my Pokemon were not just underleveled, but there was a huge type disadvantage. I had only a water-type, a grass-type, and a flying-type at the time. It wasn't enough to beat Elesa's two Emolgas and her tough Zebstrika. I managed to beat her with a Sandile. Took me a few tries tbh.

2. Whitney (in GSC)
During my playthrough in Silver, I found Whitney to be harder than any of the gym leaders in this region. Her Miltank and her Rollout. It was hard to evade. My pokemon were about 2-3 levels above her L20 Miltank, but it was still impossible to beat.

3. Roxanne
This is...sorta where my interest in RSE kinda waned down. My first gym leader to face in Ruby was the hardest. I chose Torchic as my starter and facing her L15 Nosepass was just impossible to beat. Took me a while to catch a Zigzagoon, evolve into a Linoone, and a Wingull to beat it. My Wingull was recently captured, and it was difficult to manage after a while.

Years
1. Juan
The first time I played him (in Emerald) I was 8 or 9. My team was terrible, and basically had a level 50 swampert, a level 40 Breloom, and a level 30 Linoone. I had lost my Swampert and had a barely alive Breloom and a fully healed Linoone. Juan sent out Kingdra, and he spammed double team and rest every time I faced him. I lost so badly every time, but beat him like 10 tries later.
2. Misty
I hate facing her if I don't pick bulbasaur. Her stupid starmie, which knows recover and powerful moves ( except rapid spin:D) beats my team every time. I finally realized that by stat- upping on her staryu I could win.
3. Liza and Tate
I hate earthquake. Enough said.

Years

1. Whitney
She was like, total hell for me. Especially that Miltank spamming Rollout to death and even though I beat her on the first try and had a female-dominated team she was still annoying when she heals that Miltank.

2. Norman
For some reason, I find Normal Gyms really hard. Out of the Gyms in R/S/E, it's best to say Petalburg Gym is the hardest. It's because of 'em Slaking and even though it has Truant, it has one of the highest Attack stats of any Pokemon. You wouldn't want to be messing with 'em Slakings.

3. Clair
Johto definitely has the toughest Gym Leaders and Clair is no exception. That Kingdra nearly wiped out my whole team and I eventually took it out with an underleveled Dewgong. I hate that Kingdra of hers cos it only has one weakness and it's sadly the type that there's not much available at that point.

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
1. Blue
He has different types!
2.Claire
Dragons are tough to handle!
3.Cilan/Cress/Chili
I had a hard time defeating them!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
So as it appears, it looks like Whitney has given the most nightmares. Which I tend to agree with!

NEW TOPIC:

Who has the best personality in the Anime? Explain.

Years

Hmm... I've always loved Kanto the most (for anime), and I think Brock and Misty were good leaders. I always liked how the two were polar opposites: Brock was the patient peace-keeper and Misty was the hot-headed athlete. I think that added a lot of interest to the show rather than Iris and Cilan this year.

Olli

Years

NEW TOPIC:

I hardly remember any of the gym leader's personalities in the anime, apart from Pryce's. I remember that Whitney was given a whiny little girl personality, which was one I like since it was so original, but the ice of Pryce is still keeping me in place, thinking that he is the one with the best personality. Because honestly, as I mentioned before, he does seem like a real prick at first, and he is hard to respect when he basically doesn't care whether the Pokémon gets hurt or not, and even scolds Ash for trying to protect Pikachu. But as said, as the story carries on and he gets back his Mamoswine, his cold heart was melted, and he was once again able to love the Pokémon as he did before. Now he may not have a favorable personality compared to other's, but I really liked the development in his personality, which is why I like his the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back