• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

X/Y Quick Questions and Answers

If you are looking for some help regarding Pokémon X and Pokémon Y or have a response to one of the questions that needs to be answered, then you're at the right place. Before you proceed, though, please take a few seconds to skim through the guidelines below.

Thread Rules

1. This is not a place to chit-chat; only ask questions here and answer those that haven't gotten any.
  2. Don't post ROMs; they're not allowed here. Do not discuss them, either.
  3. This is not the place to make trade or battle requests--don't post them here.
  4. You're allowed to make "thank-you" posts. *

Helpful Links

* Don't forget the 4 Word / 25 Characters rule.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
Third time lucky hopefully.

I finished playing Pokemon Y and am now playing through X to complete my pokedex. I have been playing both of these games on my one 3ds. I have not finished the Elite 4 on my X game, I'm only 4 badges in, however I can't see me friends listed on PSS. I have a couple of dozen friends registered/ code exchanged in my 3ds Friends List. I have tried connecting to the internet on PSS, saving/restarting. How can I get my friends to show up in PSS in my X game? Thank you in advance.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Third time lucky hopefully.

I finished playing Pokemon Y and am now playing through X to complete my pokedex. I have been playing both of these games on my one 3ds. I have not finished the Elite 4 on my X game, I'm only 4 badges in, however I can't see me friends listed on PSS. I have a couple of dozen friends registered/ code exchanged in my 3ds Friends List. I have tried connecting to the internet on PSS, saving/restarting. How can I get my friends to show up in PSS in my X game? Thank you in advance.

How are they not showing up? Are they darkened out or is simply no one showing up in your friends list? And are you JUST in your freinds list or are you on the screen with all 3 (friends, acquaintances, passersby) if the latter, does anyone show up at all or are all three rows blank? IF people show up, are they in colour or greyed out? IF blank, just because your 3DS is connected to the internet doesn't necessarily mean your game is, is the blue circle in the top middle of the bottom screen blue with waves, or does it have the word "Internet" written across it? If Internet is written, you are connected, if not, you are not. Now on a new game, as far as I know, your friends don't appear until they have been online at the same time as you. Once that has happened once, they will still appear in your list, just greyed out if not online.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
My friends section is blank (no darkened characters). I have connected to the Internet and can see many passerby people (both online and offline). I was out with friends yesterday who I know I have registered on my 3ds and they didn't appear on my X list. So it didn't work with wifi, I must connect with them via online?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
My friends section is blank (no darkened characters). I have connected to the Internet and can see many passerby people (both online and offline). I was out with friends yesterday who I know I have registered on my 3ds and they didn't appear on my X list. So it didn't work with wifi, I must connect with them via online?

As far as I understand yes, I think you both need to be online. And I know how tough that can be, I have over 30 people in my friends list becasue I basically trade with people as soon as I add them, but I think I've only ever seen MAYBE 3 people online at most.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
In ''Tower of Mastery'' , Its said that a trainer with Lucario from another region discover 2 strange stone that lead to world first Megevolution . (May be that why The Opening show Mega Lucario).
Anyway Its said that the Mega stone was Discovered , Not invented !
So , Mega stone was around when that trainer found it so Mega Stone must be a Natural element .
So my question ,

1) How come there is the Natural object to evolve an artificial Pokemon like Meowtwo when The original Mew can't megevolve ???

2)If Mega stone are artificial object then who invented them ???

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Where do you get the Gardevoirite? I keep thinking you get it at the end after beating the Champion, but I mean, I don't see it in my inventory and I didn't attach it to my Gardevoir so idk what could have happened.

Years
Where do you get the Gardevoirite? I keep thinking you get it at the end after beating the Champion, but I mean, I don't see it in my inventory and I didn't attach it to my Gardevoir so idk what could have happened.

You have to talk to Diantha in Cafe Soleil in Lumiose City, and she'll trade you a Ralts holding the Gardevoirite in exchange for any of your Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016

After beating Diantha (the Champion), she will be waiting in a cafe in Lumiose City (I can't remember which one it is) where she gives you a Ralts holding Gardevoirite.

EDIT: Beaten to it :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You have to talk to Diantha in Cafe Soleil in Lumiose City, and she'll trade you a Ralts holding the Gardevoirite in exchange for any of your Pokemon. Did you remember to remove it from the Ralts first?

Actually, I haven't done that yet, so I can still get it. Thanks a ton, both of you! :) On my way to get it now.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
2)If Mega stone are artificial object then who invented them ???

What I suspect is the case is that the Mega Stone is something invented by an ancient civilisation but which was lost over time, and has only now been rediscovered. Some of the game dialogue hints at that: for example, Sycamore asks you to check out Camphrier Town because it has "a lot of history".

1) How come there is the Natural object to evolve an artificial Pokemon like Meowtwo when The original Mew can't megevolve ???

This one is trickier to explain, because Mewtwo would not have existed at the time of any ancient civilisation... Maybe Team Rocket discovered a Mega Stone years ago and tried to replicate it for Mewtwo, but ended up disbanding before they could use it? Or maybe Team Rocket created all of the Mega Stones?!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
What I suspect is the case is that the Mega Stone is something invented by an ancient civilisation but which was lost over time, and has only now been rediscovered. Some of the game dialogue hints at that: for example, Sycamore asks you to check out Camphrier Town because it has "a lot of history".

This one is trickier to explain, because Mewtwo would not have existed at the time of any ancient civilisation... Maybe Team Rocket discovered a Mega Stone years ago and tried to replicate it for Mewtwo, but ended up disbanding before they could use it? Or maybe Team Rocket created all of the Mega Stones?!

Could just be an oversight by Game Freak. It's very much possible.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm currently trying to breed a female Pancham (with perfect IVs for all but Special Attack) with a male Pancham (with perfect IVs for HP, Defense, Special Defense and Speed).

Every time I have hatched an egg containing their male child Pancham (and I've tried up to thirty eggs or more), not a single one of them has had more than four perfect IVs, whereas several females have had.

Does the father's IVs only being perfect in four stats limit all the male children, or is this just an unlucky coincidence?
Just letting you guys know that I've merged this post in here, and it still needs some answering! wenjaminboodman, if you have a quick question such as this, you should try this thread rather than making a new one in future, thanks buddy! Best of luck with the breeding.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
Breeding is making zero sense so far, even after reading the guide

I have a purrlion with 3 perfect IV's, i give it destiny knot. Breed it with one with two perfect IV's.

Get babies with 1 or two perfect IVs...

How can i get less than i gave the destiny knot to?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 7, 2014

I have a purrlion with 3 perfect IV's, i give it destiny knot. Breed it with one with two perfect IV's.

From the parents' combined 12 stats, the Destiny Knot picks five random ones - it picked the imperfect IVs to inherit.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday

The Destiny Knot just guarantees that 5 IVs will be passed down from the parents (because normally you can just get a random IV value for a stat). And its not 5 from each parent, its 5 total. Which IVs are passed down is totally random.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2014
Can anyone tell me some/all Pokemon that evolve through trade (and the items if an item is required, eg. Sachet for Spritzee - Aromatisse)
This would be really helpful to me, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back