• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon World Tour

Who should give you your first Pokemon?

• Local Professor

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Mother

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Far away PenPal sends you one

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • All Three, and you choose which one

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
Pokemon World Tour:[demo 1 is up!]

rockstar.png

Hoenn Demo to first gym
attached Ips file

Demo info: From start to first gym. After all the basic stuff is done I will eventually need a

-SCRIPTER
-example of stuff I want to do
-Shamouti Island Legend Festival
-Mew and Mewtwo on New Island
-Latios/Latias event on Alto Mare

-trainer editor (someone who is willing to spend the time on getting it worked out)
-beta testers (you guys who download the Ips file are it, I think, idk anything about beta testing) and responsible for posting some screenshots
-maybe mapper/tile inserter to finish the final product to make it look really cool

STORY
HOENN
You live in a small town outside of Petalburg (or Oldale) in the Region of Hoenn. A few years ago, you became part of a penpal program and received a penpal in a faraway region [not sure if it should be Kanto or Sinnoh]. Your Penpal's name is <#######>.

You have always talked about going on a journey to visit your PenPal, but you have always been too young, and had never had a pokemon of your own. Today all that has changed. You are finally old enough and you are ready to receive your first pokemon.

After you receive your pokemon, you set out upon your journey. Your first stop is Rustboro City. Roxanne (or other name), the gym leader is outside training, blocking the way out of town. After defeating her you are able to move eastward to the ferry in Fallarbor Town.

JOHTO
You take the ferry from Fallarbor Town to Olivine City in Johto. Outside of town, Jasmine (or other name) the Olivine Gym Leader is knelt beside her Steelix, blocking the way out of town. She doesn't want to leave its side, and asks you to get some medicine from her grandmother in Cianwood.

Surfing South to Cianwood you meet up with (Jasmine)'s grandmother. She isn't sure that Jasmine actually sent you and so makes you battle her in a pokemon battle. After winning, she gives you the medicine, and you take it back to Jasmine. Jasmine then asks you for a battle to make sure Steelix is all better. After winning she goes back to the gym and the way out of town is open.

In Ecruteak they are holding a festival. So instead you go to the Brass Tower. A fire breaks out and you get out of the building. The gym leader sees you as a suspect and battles you. After winning, he realizes that the fire was accidentally caused by Ho-oh, and apologizes.

The next town is Goldenrod city. The forest is off limits to the south and the path to violet city is blocked. so the only path is a detour to the Orange Islands. Your first stop is Alto Mare Island.

In Alto Mare Island, you first meet Team Rocket. At this early point, they have no idea legendary pokemon actually exist and only want to steal the Soul Dew, selling it on the black market for $$$. You meet up with Latios and Latias, and stop Team Rocket. (one of latios/latias then decide to go with you) You are sworn to secrecy about the general existence of legendary pokemon.

ORANGE ISLANDS

Now... off to the orange Islands. Passing a healing spot on T. Island where cataching pokemon is off limits, you head to Kumquat Island. The gym leader is not in right now, so you decide to go off and sight see.

to the south is shamouti island, where you take part in the yearly Legend Festival. At the islands you meet up with the legendary birds. And once all three spheres are collected you meet up with Lugia.

The gym leader of Kumquat Island is in, and you fight her. You're next stop is New Island for a quick rest and then off to Cinnabar. On New Island you once again encounter Team Rocket. On New Island they have a warehouse and have captured Mew and Mewtwo. You defeat team rocket and aide in Mew's and Mewtwo's escape.

Mewtwo thanks you for your help and tells you to meet him at the Cerulean Cave. ...

KANTO...
you make it to the Pokemon League etc. and then start towards Cerulean. However the road is blocked. Team Rocket is trying to capture Mewtwo in the Ceruelan Cave, as well as digging a tunnel to Sinnoh to get at the rare pokemon there. You finish them off and discover that the tunnel was nearly completed. you rock smash the last bit and emerge at Lake Verity, in Sinnoh.

Sinnoh

finding yourself finally in Sinnoh, you prepare to meet your penpal. If you play as a boy, this penpal is Delia Ketchum.
congratulations!!! Ash's family story of how they met is complete!

Not sure what happens if you play as a girl. What do you guys think of having the penpals be Gary's parents?

Plot Details:
Story occurs before anime and movies. Stories of Legendary pokemon is considered myths since they haven't been seen in countless years.
(Ash acts as a focal point bringing about the re-emergence of legendary pokemon)

Features:

4 or5 Regions available!!!!!!!!!!
- HOENN, JOHTO, ORANGE ISLANDS, KANTO, and SINNOH (ill see what I can do)

(trust me, It CAN BE DONE!!!)

cities (in order?)
Hoenn: Petalburg Surburb, Rustboro, Fallarbor (ferry to Olivine)
Johto: Olivine City, Cianwood City (safari zone and battle frontier?), Ecruteak City, Goldenrod City, Alto Mare
Orange Islands: Shamouti, Hamlin Island, Kumquat Island, New Island
Kanto: Cinnabar Island, Pallet Town, Virdian City, Pokemon League HQ, Pewter City
Sinnoh(if possible): Lake Verity, Twinleaf Town, (more???)

Map of the World (Hoenn, Johto, Orange Islands, Kanto, and Sinnoh): 80% complete it IS HUGE!!!

Spoiler:

-Alto Mare Island (Latios and Latias story)
- New Island (MEW and MEWTWO story)
-Shamouti Island (Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, and Lugia story)

good ole NEW team Rocket (Team Rocket as they are just starting out)

Screenshots: WOOT! !o!
(mostly from Shamouti Island Storyline, b/c that the first one I've been working on)

POLLS to come or just post which you prefer:

Penpal if Boy: Delia Ketchum: You play as Ash's father
Penpal if Girl: Prof. Oak's son, ???, Gary's parents

Beta/Demo is a while from being included, (I need to get the maps and all the other stuff worked out first, this is a MAJOR hack) However I will occasionally post new pictures, pokemon/etc.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
also some new screenshots when ready
-thanks for the comments

Newest Beta
and New Screenshots

Last edited:
Years
wow i love how u have all the regions in this game!
also the screenshots look alright. :)
keep it up bro

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
So you know. All regions isn't possible, and two is a struggle (and you have to replace the sevii islands).

That limit may be removed if a new version of Advance-map comes out. But that's not the case right now.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
Oh, so you're doing another hack? Well, good luck on fitting the regions. You may not have room for all the towns, but u could add the important ones, (with gym leaders =D)

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
So you know. All regions isn't possible, and two is a struggle (and you have to replace the sevii islands).

That limit may be removed if a new version of Advance-map comes out. But that's not the case right now.

Kanto has 19 cities/towns including the sevii islands

What I'm doing is reducing that down to 4-5 and using the left over bits and map them in different regions.
Instead of Cerulean City, you get Shamouti Island, etc.

Here is a rough region/route map for all you guys to picture it better.
The routes not colored in with orange will not likely be used. (except for Kanto Victory Road and such) the orange routes show what is most likely to be used.

worldtour.png

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
This hack is looking pretty good, and it might have some potential. But I cannot agree enough with what altariaking said. Do not, I repeat do NOT, try to fly through this hack. Also, onto the sprites you showed. The evolved form of Lapras, its eyes and teeth aren't very well done. And the second sprite is significantly smaller then the others. Anyways, good luck, and remember, don't rush!

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2016
second screen shot has horrible tile errors (I don't know why anyone hasn't even caught it yet)

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
second screen shot has horrible tile errors (I don't know why anyone hasn't even caught it yet)

I did not find an ice-> water tile anywhere, all the ice was square and doesn't blend well. The same thing with the cave, the cave entrance would be too light when I matched the entrance color to the rock around it.

I tried basic tile insertion, but how does one add completely new looking tiles?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Triangle of Ice, Ground, Fire doesn't work well. True, it works 1 way (Ground is great on Fire, Fire is great on Ice, and Ice is great on Ground), however, try the other way:

Fire is normal on Ground
Ground is normal on Ice
Ice is not very good on Fire

The underlined one is an issue, making Ice the worst to choose, in a way. BUT, as it is Lapras, that makes Lapras have the overall advantage, as that is also Water type, so adding that:

Fire is no longer great on Lapras, but normal. Lapras can defeat both Ground and Fire with ease.

So, Lapras is now the greatest. So, you may need to rethink it, if you want fairness.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
new starters full evos with first version names
starters-2.png

there were apparently a few problems with the pose of Terraor so I changed it.

the Infirmiterra might seem small b/c I needed to fit the long neck into the 80x80. this results in the body looking smaller.
& I whitened the Mosas teeth

Fire: T-Wrecks, T-Stroy, and T-Molish.
T-Wrecks is a prehistoric version of the Pokemon Cubone. Evolution causes the change in evolution pokemon and type change to grass.

Ground: ???-->Fearth (Fear+Earth)-->Terraor (Terror+Terra)
------??? over millions of years becomes Bayleef through evolution. Evolution causes the change in evolution pokemon and type change to grass.

Nothas-based on Nothosaur, Lapras--assuming a type of plesiosaur, and Mosas-> based on a Mosasaur/Liopluerodon
------Evolution eventually leaves Lapras not being able to evolve at today's tech level

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
For a start, GBA sprites are 64x64, not 80x80.

Second, work on your sprites. The outlines on the scratches shouldn't be black, and some are still obviously the Pokemon you used (such as the Fire one being Cubone, the Ground being Bayleef).

And, read what I said before about the triangle. That's if you want the game to be fair.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
I am working on getting the maps worked out.
I might post some when I get them done.

-Just relized T-Molrex isn't based on t-Rex, but it is in fact more like a Gorgonopsid
from Advancemap-
first up- Cianwood Island & Alto Mare

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
New map up
Cianwood and Route 41 (yes I know Cianwood is facing the wrong way... deal with it)
and ...Altomare island (city)

maps used- bicyle path-route 17, and route 18 for route41 and cianwood
extra saffron map was used for alto-mare

R41 &Cianwood-
route41-cianwood.png

Altomare-
Altomare.png

Also new image of T-Molish-
tmolrex-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back