• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Alright! So for a long time we used the CI&D for all our random talk rather than using it for Challenge ideas like it was intended. So I'm splitting it so we have this thread which we can use for regular... well chit chat I suppose haha. If it doesn't work out we can always go back to the old method.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
So how is everyone doing on their challenges? I've put a temporary hold on my monotypes to 'complete' my storage copy, X. So far I've almost completed the Kalos Pokedex, and I'd like to finish the National Pokedex and then move on to taking on the Battle Maison. But I'll probably get bored of that before I finish, which means I'll be back to doing my monotypes eventually!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
What a funny coincidence, I too am working on my Kalos dex right now, haha! I completed my Central Kalos Dex already, and am currently working on the Coastal Kalos Dex. I'm not going for the full National Dex though, I only need the Oval Charm for the time being. Aside from that, I've been working on my OTGA Water team, which is going swimmingly (no pun intended).

Reactions: Tek
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I put all my challenges on hold atm x.x I'm in a not pokemon mood I guess .-.

Years
Let's see… For Black 2 I have the Time Warp challenge, which I do want to get back to, but there's also my Red Mono-Color on White that I haven't touched in a couple weeks since arriving in Castelia. And I still have the Favorites Challenge on Y, which I keep telling myself "oh I'll get back to this" but I haven't cared enough to. >_>

In the meantime, my Heart Gold Wedlocke - my main priority, I beat Lance in and will be starting Kanto soon. Training in this game blows, though. =(

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Gym Leader Challenge 'til September ends. Also might finish a run for that anime challenge if it comes up soon and given I have time to do so. Sounds exciting with the dice rolls/rng. #MankeyBFL

edit: that, and a ton of work to do =/

Last edited:
Years
Well let me see about the challenges I signed up for ~ which is a lot xD

I completed The ones that got away challenge but I am sorta lazy and I cannot seem to force myself to post the update - will do it sometime later today xD

I got through victory road and through whole elite 4 and bam my super awesome emulator decided to glitch on me and freeze - when did I last save? At the beginning of the victory road >_< So I have to go through whole road and elite 4 again - which is making me kinda meh about playing anything on vba for a while until I fix it >_< Which means that I am going to have to take a break from challenges I signed up for on GBA games for now until I figure out what is going on with it .-.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm in the process of getting the Challenge Index all updated, so if any of you notice an inconsistency like wrong name or supporter tier, please let me know. So far I have cut out all the dead challenges that were still listed there. So if you're challenge isn't listed it's probably because I haven't added new ones just yet.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Ohey, a DCC here. >__>

Well I'm almost done with a Random Challenge on White. My team sucks, but that just makes it all the more challenging. I feel like doing more challenges, but since challenges are yet another form of procrastination for me, doing too many would mean I'd never get any actually important stuff done.

I really wanna do The Ones That Got Away at least, but I have yet to receive a team. *Sits and waits quietly*

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ohey, a DCC here. >__>

Well I'm almost done with a Random Challenge on White. My team sucks, but that just makes it all the more challenging. I feel like doing more challenges, but since challenges are yet another form of procrastination for me, doing too many would mean I'd never get any actually important stuff done.

I really wanna do The Ones That Got Away at least, but I have yet to receive a team. *Sits and waits quietly*
I hope you enjoy the team I gave you. I think it's got some really cool Pokemon on it.

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
I'm working on my Ultimate Fire Mono right now. Still in Leafgreen though, but I've made good progress. I'm working my way through Silph Co. now. Any other challenges I've signed up for on the back burner for now.

Years
I finally got around and completed that nuzlocke without my emulator crashing :o I am so happy right now ~ It was such a long and interesting run especially when it came to the water routes and doupes clause ~ but I managed to get cool team in the end with only one death against last elite 4 member and one backup left in my pc- which never happens to me o.o

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I hope you enjoy the team I gave you. I think it's got some really cool Pokemon on it.

Yeah, thanks man. Surprisingly, Turtwig's a beast. Razor Leaf'd his way through the first gym despite the type disadvantage.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Yeah, thanks man. Surprisingly, Turtwig's a beast. Razor Leaf'd his way through the first gym despite the type disadvantage.
Torterra is pretty much my favorite starter in terms of effectiveness. He's bulky and has good offensive types, I love it.

Years
I finally got around and completed that nuzlocke without my emulator crashing :o I am so happy right now ~ It was such a long and interesting run especially when it came to the water routes and doupes clause ~ but I managed to get cool team in the end with only one death against last elite 4 member and one backup left in my pc- which never happens to me o.o

Yeah, I saw that. Overleveled and still ends up with only one remaining member against the Champion (one of the more infamous Champions I should add), with only one Pokémon remaining weak to Water? And 25 deaths?! You really were cut out on this one it seemed. x(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I need to restart my Silver random challenge. The battery was messed up and didn't save it from before when I started, but I've gotten it fixed since. It's still a little jittery of a cartridge though. It freezes when you tap it. :(

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Oh gosh Nuzlockes. I just remembered how much I suck at them.

A lot of my Pokemon end up dying in the middle of training. Mainly because I barely ever pay attention when I'm mindlessly grinding in the wild; I just let my fingers do the work while I watch TV or something. As a result, I never notice my Pokemon's HP dwindling until it's too late. -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back