• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon White

Fusparce

FuNsparce
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Sort of a Defensive Stall team..

Archeops @ Flying Gem
Jolly nature
Defeatist
EV's: 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 defense
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge/Head Smash
- Earthquake
- U-Turn

This is a pretty standard set to run. Get some massive STAB damage with Flying Gem + Acrobatics. Earthquake for coverage, and to deal with super effective Electric types. U-Turn for a scouting move, since this is the Lead, and it Has Massive speed. Then there is Stone edge/Head Smash. I presently choose Stone Edge over Head Smash, due to the Defeatist ability. But, Head Smash can be run if you are interested in a Suicide Sweeper.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Justified Ability
EVs: 252 Speed, 128 Defense, 128 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

This set may be a little surprising. People usually suspect a Special attacking set, but this one is more bulky than normal. With Max Speed EVs, it reaches a Speed of 342, which out speeds a lot of pokemon. Also, it's defense is boosted to 217, and it's Special Defense is already at 217.
It's main focus is to be able to let it's Substitute be able to take a hit, and Calm Mind for more Special Attack and Defense. Scald is a Great STAB move that has a chance to cripple with Burn. With it's signature move Secret Sword, it can be a mixed attacker, and still get boosted by Calm Mind!
If someone could comment on this peculiar moveset in particular, it would be great! This guy will be my Signature Pokemon!

Haxorus@Choice Scarf
Adamant / Jolly Nature
252 Attack / 252 Speed
Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break
Dual Chop

This guy compliments my team really nicely, and has a diverse movepool. Outrage is a powerful STAB, useful for taking out almost any threat. If a steel type switches in, or Ice, He has Brick Break. Earthquake for further coverage, a good ay to take out Pesky Electric types that would otherwise hurt this team. Dual Chop is good for Sashes and Substitute abusers.

Kyurem @ Chople Berry/Choice Specs
Pressure
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Glaciate/ Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- HP Fire
- Focus Blast

This is probably the most underrated Fifth Generation Pokemon out there. It's not even in Uber o.o. But, I think it has potential. It's Signature move, Glaciate, is used with the Chople Berry, to help hinder the opponents speed, While Ice Beam goes with Specs. Draco Meteor for a Powerful STAB, and the other two for Coverage. HP Fire is there to take out Forretress and Scizor, maybe OHKO..?

Roserade@Life Orb
Modest nature
Evs: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/6 Hp
Natural cure ability
~Leaf Storm
~Hidden Power Ice
~Rest
~Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder

This Roserade is going to act as a key special sweeper of the team. Life Orb and 252 SpAttack really help it out. Leaf Storm is there for a super powerful STAB move, and even though it gets the drop, a switch may be viable. HP Ice is there to annihilate whatever it can, including dragon types. Now, here is a choice between Sludge Bomb and Sleep Powder. Sleep Powder is another Status move, and with a bit of a low accuracy, that I don't know if I want. I prefer STAB Sludge Bomb for the Coverage plus nice damage. The last move is rest, which is really great on Roserade. With the natural cure ability, it is able to switch out and wake up again, in case it is actually able to take a hit, or if Life Orb takes it down far enough.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Special Defense, 252 HP, 4 Defense.
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar/Stealth Rocks
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic

This Heatran goes great with Roserade! Having Will-O-Wisp, it counters the common Ferrothorn, with Roserad almost fails to do. It's ability Flash Fire is a good switch in on a fire type attack aimed for Roserade. It has Lava Plume as it's STAB attack, which is perfect for it. It also has the move roar to roar out typical threats, though this isn't recommended due to this team having no rocks or spikes, and Stealth Rocks would be better for this team anyway. Protect is good for Scouting, as well as stalling the Will-O-Wisp. Will-O-Wisp is good for Crippling anything Toxic can't. Toxic, though, is Great for the more Bulky pokemon, and preferable.

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
You say it's your signature Pokemon, and I certainly don't want to suggest you change something that you enjoy, but Jirachi or even Togekiss outclass Dunsparce pretty well. Jirachi can even be EVd to take things like Thunderbolt which the rest of your team has some trouble with. If you do end up deciding to switch, I'd suggest this:

Jirachi@Leftovers
Nature: Careful
252 HP / 224 Sp. Def / 32 Speed
Body Slam / Thunder Wave
Wish
Protect
Iron Head

Also, as it stands you've got a Pokemon that Paralyzes, a Pokemon that Burns, and a Pokemon that Poisons, so I'd suggest working your way down to one just to make it easier on yourself. :P

Pretty good team though, nice job. :)

Fusparce

FuNsparce
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Hey, thanks ^__^ Looking back, I see that Dunsparce is absolutely awful xD But, I'm used to Derp teams, like ones with Kakuna :3
This team lacks a physical sweeper, and I think I'll swap Tropius as well, for a thunderbolt resistance.
I think I'll switch him with Rampardos with this set:

Rampardos@Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Special Defense
Zen Headbutt
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Stone Edge

~It has a Great attack power, nice coverage with the rest of the team, and the Scarf helps. Not much of a description to put here, sorry. Of course, I got that water weakness, sort of. But, Keldeo, Kyurem, and Roserade can definitely handle a water type hit.

And to replace Tropius:
Roserade@Choice Specs
Modest nature
Evs: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/6 Hp
Natural cure ability
~Leaf Storm
~Hidden Power Ice
~Shadow Ball
~Sludge Bomb

Much better than Tropius, in my opinion. It can take a Thunderbolt easily, with beastly Special Defense. It has amazing Special Attack, so it can take out so many things. Two nice STAB moves, and two for coverage. It's pretty good with Heatran, again, and can help with Electric defense!

Any thoughts on that?

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
You're definitely right, it's an improvement over Tropius. I've never used it so I can say exactly how well it works, though it does get Natural Cure, so it's best to take advantage of that. I'd suggest this set instead:

Roserade@Life Orb
Modest / Timid Nature
252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
Leaf Storm
HP Ice
Rest
Sleep Powder / Sludge Bomb

This way, if you're getting low on health from switching in or even from LO recoil, you can just Rest then switch for a nice heal. I'd personally use Timid with Sleep Powder, but the other options are there if you'd like them.

As for Rampardos, it's definitely a very nice Physical sweeper, good luck with it.

Fusparce

FuNsparce
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Hey, thanks mate! I never thought about the natural cure and rest combo, and it seems beautiful. I'll use it, if you don't mind. And, I prefer Sludge Bomb over Sleep Powder, because it's a Special attacker, and Sleep Poweder's accuracy is meh on this guy. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll use it!
And, is Rampardos a good Pokemon to Sweep with on this team, or does it's type Hinder it?

Ooka

Years
Well, it's type definitely doesn't help, being weak to Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, and Aqua Jet. It's really powerful it just sucks it's so slow, frail and it's Rock type. Something like

Haxorus@Choice Scarf
Adamant / Jolly Nature
252 Attack / 252 Speed
Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break
Dual Chop

would probably work better as a scarfer. That thing is also pretty powerful, just doesn't take any Super Effective damage from any of those priority moves (Just Ice Shard, which is less common this gen).

Fusparce

FuNsparce
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Woah, I never really thought of Ononokusu as a sweeper. Never thought of it as interesting either, but, it really compliments this team with great resistances and coverage!
So, why Duel Chop as well as Outrage?

Ooka

Years
Well, when you use Outrage you'll be stuck in the move, so it's basically for late game sweeping (After you've taken all their Steel types out). Dual Chop is to take out Pokemon that have Focus Sash, Sub, or if you just don't want to get locked into an attack you can't switch out of.

Fusparce

FuNsparce
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Oohhh, I see. Very nice Logic, as well. Is that set a predictable one? Or, is it at least less predictable than the DD set?

Ooka

Years
When I'm playing I always expect to see a DD Haxorus, so I would be surprised when I brought, for example, my Mamoswine in on an Outrage. So yeah, I don't know which one is exactly more common, but I do know that DD seems to be.

Fusparce

FuNsparce
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Oh, that's great!
I think Haxorus + Moveset really compliments the team, thanks mate. It's a definite add, in place of Funsparce

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Just want to throw my two cents into this. :3

Kyurem likes having Hidden Power [Fire] or Dragon Pulse instead of Shadow Ball. While Focus Blast does take care of Steels, HP [Fire] will hit Scizor (Scizor can usually withstand a Focus Blast and KO Kyurem with Bullet Punch), Forretress, and Ferrothorn for super effective damage even harder. However, to achieve this you will have to adjust Kyurem so it's max Speed tops out at 316. Because in that case you won't be outspeeding other base 95's (depending on items), Dragon Pulse is another viable move choice. With Dragon Pulse, you won't be sacrificing any Speed and you'll have a reliable STAB attack that won't hinder Kyurem's Special Attack.

Now, I understand that Will-O-Wisp can deal with things like Tyranitar and Pokemon immune to Toxic (but are still major threats) like Tentacruel, Gliscor, and other Heatran. But, because of Lava Plume, I suggest you replace Will-O-Wisp or Toxic on your Heatran. This is a case of consistency verses diversity. I believe that Heatran needs a way to deal with things like Blissey or Bulky Waters (or anything defensively inclined) that would otherwise wall Heatran up and down. But, Will-O-Wisp certainly has it's benefits, I just think that it's already being managed by Lava Plume. So, the choice is yours. I just felt like I should mention it. :3

Lastly, it would be really helpful if you edited your post to reflect the changes you've made on your team. That way, the raters can give you the best rate possible.

Best of luck to you! :>

Fusparce

FuNsparce
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Updated it ^__^ Thanks mate.
I may take out that Draco Meteor for Dragon Pulse, it's a brilliant Idea! I'll have to run it a few times around. As for HP Fire instead of Shadow Ball.... I'll definitely run it! I did need someone to have an extra fire move in case Heatran was too slow or some reason.

Now, for Heatran: I will definitely consider toxic instead. I don't think keeping him in on guys that can take a burn is smart anyway! Very smart indeed ^__^

Thanks for everything <3 If you have anything more to say, go for it.

Back