• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: JackHack96's Tool Factory

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi everybody! For those who doesn't know me, I'm JackHack96, an italian student who is learning Java and other programming languages (and forgetting VB6, which is awful and outdated :) ) and trying to hack NDS games. So in these months I've made some hack-tools for NDS games, and I want to make other tools next months (when I'll have some time, because I have also to study... ).
Well, let's start with the presentation:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well, I hope you are satisfied ;) . If you find any bugs or if you have any questions, please tell me in this thread.

DOWNLOADS:
You can download all these tools from my website, which is https://www.hackromtools.info/
IF YOU LIKE HACK ROM TOOLS PLEASE DON'T USE ADBLOCK OR DISABLE IT WHEN YOU SURF MY WEBSITE :)

For more information see my website ;) !

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
First post xD
Finally! the topic has been approved! In my opinion you are the future for hacking ds :)
the best tools are ds text editor and ds palette editor ;).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
This look pretty great, will you make a tool later for editing or adding types ?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Pretty cool, especially the Attack Editor, can't wait for the text editor it will sure be a blast when finished!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Just remember, the NDS data is very different to that of the GBA, the palettes would have alot more slots than that of the GBA, you just have to look at it in Tinke. It will display many more colours.

But these tools for hacking the 4th generation (and maybe 5th) would indeed be very useful, I would be looking forward to seeing these tools improve.

You've done a wonderful job there, JackHack96. ^^

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Just remember, the NDS data is very different to that of the GBA, the palettes would have alot more slots than that of the GBA, you just have to look at it in Tinke. It will display many more colours.

But these tools for hacking the 4th generation (and maybe 5th) would indeed be very useful, I would be looking forward to seeing these tools improve.

You've done a wonderful job there, JackHack96. ^^
Yes, I know that. In fact, DS Palette Editor was an "exercise", and it was originally designed for editing overworld palettes, but with the next release of it, I'll set up more colors. When I'll finish DS Text Editor, I'll probably return on programming an overworld editor for ds, like the one of HackMew y Xeon.
Ah, another thing, I have stopped developing DS Text Editor with VB.NET, because I can't solve some strange errors. pichu2000 helped me, but we haven't succeed. So I'm rewriting DS Text Editor with C#, which is better and because pichu2000 can help me more.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Update! DS Text Editor Beta 0.2 downloadable!

Hi everybody ;)!
I've released the first beta version of DS Text Editor! Now you can download it from my website and try it! It's still in development, so stay tuned!
For now, it can load the text and edit it, just the essential.

Instruction:
For use it, you need Nitro Explorer (if you haven't got it, you can download it from my website). If you are trying to edit text of Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, go to msgdata folder, and extract msg.narc. If you want to hack Heart Gold or Soul Silver text, go to a/0/2 folder, and then extract the 7 file somewhere. Rename it to [whateveryouwant].narc (it's not important how do you call it, it's important its extension, which must be .narc).
With DS Text Editor open the file and edit. Remember messages are still "in a strange language". You can edit it and also you can add messages. Then you save it, and with Nitro Explorer you reinsert it. And you've finished!

REMEMBER THIS: AFTER YOU EDIT TEXT, IT'S BETTER NOT TO USE THE OLD PROGRAMS WHICH PokeSpam, thethethethe AND Horus MADE IN 2008 OR MY PROGRAMS, BECAUSE THEY EDIT THE NDS FILE DIRECTLY. WITH TEXT EDITING, OFFSETS CAN CHANGE! SO THESE PROGRAMS AREN'T GOOD. MY NEXT RELEASE OF EVERY PROGRAM WILL ACT ON NARC FILES. FOR NOW, IF YOU WANT TO USE THESE PROGRAMS, USE THEM BEFORE USING DS TEXT EDITOR. I DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY for any data loss and blablabla...

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
You know what would be awesome? An overworld editor! Something a bit user-friendly, unlike Poketex.
Yeah! I have a project on that! After I'll release the first alpha of DS Text Editor, I'll return on programming the overworld editor.
What do you think if I'll make it like HackMew's one, Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition, it's simple and intuitive?

EDIT: I hate Poketex!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
For the type I mean pokemon type like Bug, Flying, etc. Changing their weaknesses and resistance. And maybe if someone made some progress maybe be able to add new types. Also it's possible with your tool to add a second type for different form ? Like having a surfing pikachu with Electric/Water instead of only Electric.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
For the type I mean pokemon type like Bug, Flying, etc. Changing their weaknesses and resistance. And maybe if someone made some progress maybe be able to add new types. Also it's possible with your tool to add a second type for different form ? Like having a surfing pikachu with Electric/Water instead of only Electric.
Well, for now, you can change pokemon's type. DS Pokémon Editor is able to do that. You can have a Water/Electric Pikachu, but you can't have a surfing pikachu. For that, I need to implement the Moveset Editor in DS Pokémon Editor!
Pike15 said:
How is it going with making them combatible with hg ss??
For now, only DS Text Editor is compatible. These days I'll release Beta 0.5 of DS Text Editor, with these new features:
-Text Search function
-Improved decoding speed
-Simpler text format
And some bugfix.
After I'll release this, I'll quickly update my programs for working on NARC files, because it's safer and ... (see the reason 6 posts before ;) )
So, I'll make them compatible with HG/SS

Beta 0.5 of DS Text Editor has been released!!!! :)
If you want, you can download it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Well, for now, you can change pokemon's type. DS Pokémon Editor is able to do that. You can have a Water/Electric Pikachu, but you can't have a surfing pikachu. For that, I need to implement the Moveset Editor in DS Pokémon Editor!

For now, only DS Text Editor is compatible. These days I'll release Beta 0.5 of DS Text Editor, with these new features:
-Text Search function
-Improved decoding speed
-Simpler text format
And some bugfix.
After I'll release this, I'll quickly update my programs for working on NARC files, because it's safer and ... (see the reason 6 posts before ;) )
So, I'll make them compatible with HG/SS

Beta 0.5 of DS Text Editor has been released!!!! :)
If you want, you can download it!

of course im gonna download it. Im working on a hg hack so thanks due you´re awsome ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2014
My, my... you've been doing a wonderful job... kudos
I hope you make all these compatible with HG/SS soon... I've been looking for good tools for simple changes on them for a while...
But if I may give you a suggestion... It would be nice to have a moveset editor editor like some 3rd gen editors, if that's possible...
Anyhow, these look really promissing, my congratulations, sir :D

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
My, my... you've been doing a wonderful job... kudos
I hope you make all these compatible with HG/SS soon... I've been looking for good tools for simple changes on them for a while...
But if I may give you a suggestion... It would be nice to have a moveset editor editor like some 3rd gen editors, if that's possible...
Anyhow, these look really promissing, my congratulations, sir :D

Thanks :)! In this moment I'm working on HG/SS compatibility, and I'll add english language! And, oh yes, I'm trying to make the moveset editor (which is incorporated in DS Pokémon Editor) like YAPE's one.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
I've released the first modified version of DPP Attack Editor! Now it works on NARC files, so you can use it also after have used DS Text Editor. And of course it's now compatible with HG/SS!!! I've also completely translated it in english!

Download is available on my website! See the first post ;) !

P.S.: Now I began school, so I'll release tools more slowly, because I've got also to study!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Finally, good DS tools for 4th Gen hacking. Nice, JackHack. I wish you good luck in your studies & tool creation.

Back