• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Hi selenastar. I know you don't know me, but I'm looking forward to rping with you, as well.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
Oh! New members\Returning members? Well, um, welcome ((again if you are returning))! You probably don't know me, but I am eager to roleplaying with you, it would be an honor!

((P.S- I'm so happy because my birthday is tomorrow! Or the 10th, or Sunday, if you wanna be specific :› .))

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I was just wondering when the next day will be starting? I see people carrying on and getting involved in conversations/plots, and just wanted to know whether it's worth me doing the same or if I should hold off? Thanks!

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Synthet: The mandatory switch to the next day will probably take place within a week, at which point you'll have the option of making one last post to wrap things up or otherwise describing the character's night and either Megaman or myself will post the class lists.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Okay, thanks! For some reason I had it in my head the day was wrapping up this week. I'll give Sammy some training or something to do, it seems a little late at this point to get much else on the go. Meanwhile I'll resist my urge to make an ex-Lugia jerk trainer. Been watching too much of Paul's storyline!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Seeing as no one attempted to dissuade me... here we go. Sorry if the spacing has gone a bit strange, it did that when I pasted it from Word.

Name: Alexander Vance

Nickname: Xander, Teddy Jr., Baby Bear

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicine Dorm (Previously Lugia Dorm)

Appearance: Xander is an almost uncomfortably attractive young man with pale blue eyes and thick, dark hair. He is tall for his age, standing at five feet eight inches, with an athletic physique and tanned skin. His looks make him exactly the sort of person that other boys his age will loathe on sight, for not only is he attractive but he knows it. He has a strong jawline and perfect teeth, sculpted eyebrows and is always dressed impeccably. Amazing what money can buy...
He is almost constantlys miling slightly, watching events around him with a look that suggests he knows something no one else does and finds it amusing. His left ear is pierced both in the lobe and at the top, and he often wears his Gym Badges either on or inside his jacket. His clothes are always stylish and expensive, but usually lean towards simplicity and quality rather than opulence. His tastes are understated which, infuriatingly, flatters him. (He's my character, and I almost hate him just for his looks...)

Personality: Xander could almost be considered two people – the one he presents to the world and the one he is inside. Inside Xander is bordering on arrogant,extremely confident within his own appearance, knowledge and abilities. He considers himself a member of the elite and superior to the majority of other people, his own age and otherwise. In others this would lead to complacency, but this self designation drives him to constantly prove to himself that he is as gifted as he believes himself to be. He works incredibly hard so that he can be as superior to everyone else as he believes himself to be, earning... most of his achievements. He is interested in other people in so far as how they can help him progress through life, interested in making "connections" rather than friends. He is by no means a sociopath,and empathises with others, but puts his own needs and interests first. He willv ery gladly assist those who need his help, but will usually do so as a means of strengthening his bond to them and putting them in his debt.
When dealing with others Xander makes an effort to be charming, although usually comes across as a little smug. That being said, he is generally courteous and complimentary to others, regardless of what he truly thinks, and usually gets on well with people who do not see class as an issue. To people who have had a more difficult start in life he can give off a "rich kid" vibe, and does little to dissuade this line of thinking. Proud of his background Xander does not consider his wealth (or how it was obtained) something to be ashamed of. He respects authority, where he feels it is deserved, and understands that working the system is usually a better way of getting what you want than working outside of the rules. Restrictions are there to be bent, manipulated and pushed to their limit rather than out and out broken – unless no other course of action presents itself.
When dealing with Pokémon Xander is neither excessively caring nor cruel. Pokémon are not friends to be coddled and share your life with, but they are not tools to be simply used. They are trusted partners and should be treated with respect and dedication so that they will treat you the same. He will push them to their limits, ensuring they understand it is for their own good. He does view some Pokémon as superior to others, and although he doesn't consider certain Pokémon useless he has no qualms about stating his lack of use for them. When battling he is focused and methodical, preferring an aggressive power based style.
Due to his views on certain Pokémon it is easy for him to underestimate them, leaving himself open to upsetting defeats. He has a temper that he keeps under tight check, but when pushed could snap. His moral code could be described as loose at best, which may cause problems for him in the future. He is extremely proud of his family and will defend their name under any circumstance, often losing sight of more important matters. Reputation is everything to him, and if his name is besmirched he will do his best to redeem it – though what he considers damaging to his reputation may not always be what is expected. He loathes the moniker the media hasgiven him, "Baby Bear", and does not respond to it well. At all. At all.

History: Alexander "Baby Bear" Vance is the only child of Theodore "Teddy Bear"and Isabella "Momma Bear" Vance. Always wealthy and well respected in their home town of Goldenrod City in the Johto region it wasn't until Xander was older that he came to understand exactly where his families luxuries came from. His father is a mid-level Capo for the notorious Team Rocket, involved in racketeering, smuggling, gambling, counterfeiting, illegal Pokémon fights and a variety of other seedy activities. Far from being horrified by this revelation Xander accepted it – though he never learned the true extent of his father's work. He respected the strength it took to step outside of the acceptable and carve a good life, and that his Father rarely got his own hands dirty. His father was a leader and strong of character. Despite this admiration Xander has no immediate desire to join Team Rocket himself, considering it a restricting move.

His father did, however, perhaps rely too heavily on those working for him. It was important to forge relationships with others in order to advance your own position, but when the chips are down you need to be able to rely on yourself. This philosophy was what led Xander to Pokémon training as well as constant self improvement. In a world where people walked around with ferocious living weapons in their pocket, he would not be caught unprepared. His father's money and connections meant that Xander was able to acquire not one but two starter pokemon, a Charmander and Totodile. He challenged both of the closest Gyms when he obtained these Pokemon, earning himself both the Boulder Badge and the Zephyr Badge. Once he was old enough he enrolled in the Pokemon Trainer Academy, passing every exam with flying colours and receiving a placement in the coveted White Lugia Dorm. While on the island Xander proved himself an excellent student, and displayed no sign of becoming involved in unsavoury behaviour like his father. While there he captured a Nidoran(Male), adding some versatility to his team.
Last year however he was called away unexpectedly. His father had been arrested and was on trial for a plethora of crimes, forcing Xander to take a leave of absence from his studies to be with his family. The Vance's turned to the lawyers they had used for years, the renowned Bernavard family. Xander had known them somewhat for years,having attended their parties with his parents a number of times, and even making the acquaintance of Lucia Bernavard, with whom he developed a cordial relationship. Both the children of successful parents whom the media viewed negatively they had a degree in common. Theodore Vance was, naturally, found innocent thanks to the expert work of the Bernavard's, allowing the family to return to a degree of normality, although he is now much more careful about being directly involved in his organisations work...
Xander found very little time to train during the drawn-out trial, and is aware that he has likely fallen behind the majority of his peers back at the Academy. With what little time he was able to find to train he was able to evolve his Nidoran(Male) into a Nidorino, considerably increasing the Pokémon's power. Now as he returns to the Academy to resume his studies he is determined to make up for lost time and become the premier trainer on the island. Having discovered that the Lugia Dorm has been disbanded and he has been moved to (in his mind, the far inferior) Suicine Dorm he is determined to only be associated with his previous Dorm or none at all.

Pokémon:

Species:Totodile (Male)
Nickname: n/a
Personality: Totodile is a largely lazy Pokémon, taking regular opportunitiesto nap when not watched by Xander, but has the same fiery temper as histrainer.
Lvl: 15
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Rage, Bite, Scary Face
Ability: Torrent

Species: Charmander (Male)
Personality: Charmander holds the same smug attitude that histrainer quietly harbours, considering himself superior to all other Pokémon. Hewould consider battles beneath him if not pushed by his trainer.
Lvl: 14
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember, SmokeScreen
Ability: Blaze

Species: Nidorino
Personality: Nidorino is an extremely combative Pokémon, pickingfights and accepting challenges in equal measure. He is the most battle-eagerof Xander's Pokémon and the most eager to train.
Lvl: 19
Moves: Beat Up (Egg Move), Leer, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick,Poison Sting
Ability: Rivalry

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Can't post this week until the weekend. Been given an extra credit project in one of my classes that I need to focus on in order to get to a 4.0 grade point average.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Hello, all. It is I, Houdini. No, it's just Xilfer123. This RP seems immensely popular, since it still hasn't died. When will it die?! Anyway, I think it might be interesting to try this out, although I won't be too active because of studies, and the like. I prefer to deliver my SU up front, so here it is:

Name: Desmond Castelia

Nickname: Dez

Sex: Male

Dorm: Entei Dorm

Appearance:
Spoiler:

The first thing that may come to your mind when seeing Dez is: creepy. One of his most defining features is his peculiar eye color - or eye colors - since each eye has an individual color of its own. Dez was born with this condition, known as heterochromia, and has lived with it his entire life. One of his eyes is a medium shade of blue, while the other is an eerie shade of yellow, an eye color which is unheard of on humans. His grey hair is also an outstandin feature, since most do not have such a hair color before the age of forty. However, similarly to his heterochromia, Dez was born with this. It isn't a condition, it is simply a matter of genetics. He keeps his hair messy most of the time, saying it's just his style. One will often find him wearing a black cap with four yellow markings on it. His eyebrows are rather thin, and are the same grey color as his messy bundle of hair. His skin is very bleak and white, despite the fact that he does get sufficient exposure to the sun.

Dez has a skinny build, is about 5 ft '9 tall, and only weighs about 100 pounds, but he uses this to his advantage. His lightweight form renders him a very fast sprinter, though he doesn't have much stamina to back up his speed. Dez is always seen wearing his pendant, even when he goes to bed. The pendant is attached to a small, thin loop of thread which makes its way around his neck, and consists of a black star with a golden eye in the middle. He keeps his pendant underneath his red and white striped shirt most of the time, for fear that someone might try to take it. Over his shirt, he wears a simple black jacket, with two stripes going across the front vertically. The stripes are colored a lighter shade of Myrtle green. On the jacket's right shoulder, there is a yellow design of a Pokeball.

Personality: Dez is somewhat reclusive due to events in his past, and is distrustful of most people until he can get to know them better. In his eyes, everyone around him is below him unless they prove themselves otherwise. This makes him rather full of himself. He is proud of his power and of that of his Pokemon, and always has his eyes set on achieving greater glory. He is ambitious and will do anything to get where he wants to be. Despite his mistrust towards his fellow man, Dez finds great solace in the company of his Pokemon allies, referring to them as his only friends, and the only friends he will ever need. To him, the only people he will ever really need to associate with are people will get him closer to achieving his goal, which is that of becoming a Ghost-type Pokemon master. As a result, the only people he has much of a friendship with are his teachers, the people who will give him the knowledge he needs to get where he wants to be.

Dez's ambition is only rivaled by his bravery. The young ghost-type user will fearlessly face anything thrown his way, which is exactly why he has such excellent mastery over Ghost types. While the ghost Pokemon attempt to instill fear into the hearts of people to get their way, Dez is able to stand up to them with absolute confidence and no fear, thereby rendering their only weapon useless, and leaving them at his command. Dez is also very stubborn, and he has to be, because controlling ghost type Pokemon requires great stubbornness in order to resist the sly suggestions that a ghost may attempt to trick him with. Despite the fact that Dez is pretty much the opposite of his ghost type allies, he gets along very well with them, and has a bit of a rivalry with a few of them. Even though his Pokemon like him, it is in their nature to try to mess with his mind, but Dez has made himself tempered to resist their mischievousness.

History: Dez was born in the city of his namesake: Castelia City, in the Unova region. He was born into a family of wealth, since his father, Mortimer Castelia, was the mayor of the city. Mortimer had his name changed to Castelia to show his devotion to the city shortly before Dez was born, causing him to inherit the name. One would have expected Dez's childhood to be full of luxury and privilege, but alas, it was not so. Since he was but a little boy, Dez had become shunned by his parents. The two were perfectionists, and expected Dez to be their perfect little pet. He was far from it. The two saw him as a failed attempt, and had another child, Mortimer Castelia II, or Mort for short. Mort turned out to be their ideal child, and, for the most part, Dez ended up living in the shadow of his younger brother. He was often picked on at school for his condition and the fact that he was filthy rich, but he did not mind much, and most of the bullies, seeing that trying to anger him was pointless, drifted away and found some other poor victim. Everything else in Dez's life slowly faded away, too. His perfect little brother was pampered and adored by both his parents and the press, while Dez was left to sink into the dark depression that was slowly overtaking him.

One day, at the age of eleven years old, Dez got his first Pokemon. He wanted anything to get away from Castelia City, so he told his parents that he was going on a Pokemon journey. The two imbeciles were too busy with Mort II, so they absentmindedly allowed him to go on his journey. Without so much as a goodbye from his family, Dez set off to find a Pokemon. He neglected to try the desert resort because a sandstorm was brewing there, and Skyarrow Bridge was under inspection, so he couldn't get out of Castelia. After aimlessly wandering around the city, Dez found the Pokemon he'd been looking for, but it wasn't what he'd expected. The Puppeteer appeared before him, sensing his feelings of depression and sadness. The Puppeteer explained that he, too, had been shunned by his previous owners in favor of another Pokemon, and cast out to roam Castelia City. He told Dez of the thousands of other ghost types roaming the city, out of sight. He told him that every time he saw something from the corner of his eye, it was a lost ghost looking for solace. The brave Dez was not intimidated by the thought, and teamed up with the Puppeteer to achieve greatness.

The Puppeteer and Dez soon became close friends and rivals, despite the many times when the Shuppet tried to trick Dez into committing acts of evil. On their journey across Unova, they met two other ghosts that had become members of their team. Soon after, Dez caught word of the Pokemon Trainer Academy, and decided that attending that school was better than aimlessly wandering around the region like a lost soul. He went back to his parents, who were apparently having an excellent time without him, and were annoyed with his return. Paying no mind to their emotions, he requested that he attend the academy. With some convincing from the Puppeteer, they eventually agreed, seeing it as another opportunity to get rid of their failure of a son.

Upon arrival at the Academy, Dez was put through a written exam and a practical exam. Having wandered around the Unova region long enough to know how to fight, Dez used the sneaky powers of his Ghost types to ace the practical exam. However, he was no expert at Pokemon just yet, and only passed the written exam by the skin of his teeth. Thanks to his scores on the practical, though, he was placed in the Entei Dorm. He was happy with his new position. Dez could stay away from those silly slackers in Raikou, but wouldn't be too near to those rich snobs from Suicune who were so like his parents.

Pokémon:
353.gif

Species: Shuppet ♂

Nickname: The Puppeteer

Personality: The Puppeteer is one of Dez's most deceitful and dangerous party members. Although they are great friends and rivals, the Puppeteer is the one who keeps Dez on guard, trying whenever he can to get into his mind and trick him into doing stupid things. The Puppeteer cares greatly for Dez, however, because Dez was the only one who ever cared for him. Dez understands why Puppeteer does what he does and accepts him for what he is. However, when Dez isn't looking, the Puppeteer will often sneak out of his Pokeball and cause mischief around the island. His favorite location is Oak Town, where he likes to scare young women and little children when they are all alone. Sometimes, the Puppeteer will even use his powers to animate inanimate objects around town and scare people off.

Lvl(Max 30): 25

Moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, Will-O-Wisp, Faint Attack, Gunk Shot

Pokémon:
622.gif

Species: Golett

Nickname: Paladin

Personality: Paladin is like the protector of the group of Pokemon that Dez carries with him. Whenever one of the other members of the team is in trouble, Paladin is there to prevent further harm. He is somewhat like a silent guardian, watching over both Dez and his team, doing whatever he can to protect them from harm. Paladin does not like to fight, but when the time comes, he is ready to take a stand.

Lvl(Max 30): 23

Moves: Shadow Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Drain Punch, Bulldoze

Pokémon:
th_592_f.gif

Species: Frillish ♀

Nickname: Jelly

Personality: Jelly is the heart of the group. She likes to keep the others going with motivational words, and is an expert healer so she can heal her two teammates after battle. However, she does like her fair share of mischief, and makes it a hobby to mess with Dez's head every now and again. She and the Puppeteer get into a lot of fights about who should have control over Dez, and she often follows the Shuppet to town to scare the people there. However, Jelly is always there for Dez when he needs her most.

Lvl(Max 30): 26

Moves: Bubblebeam, Protect, Recover, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Double Team

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Alright this is what I have so far in terms of player classes.

Lexi Styles - Eggs 101 & Breeding

Ash- Self-Defense and Intermediate Battle Techniques

Ryan Newson- Pokemon Legend Studies

Steven Yew- History/Mythology

Sage Smith- Berries and Poffin Making

Zane Alta- Pracical Battling

That means I may have to throw in some NPC classes into the list. If I missed anything let me know.
Xilfer I'll get to you in a sec.

EDIT: If you have any class preferences let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
In the meantime, I'm working on improving the first post. One of the things I will be doing is adding links to people's SU posts. This will be replacing the SU database in the future. (It's easier on me and easier on people trying to find SUs.)

Older RPers may not have their SUs added right away--If you link me the post I can garauntee it though.

Announcement
The mandatory switch to the new day will be taken place on this Monday. That's a set date where you'll have the option of making one more post detailing your character's night before you have to move on.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Alright this is what I have so far in terms of player classes.

Lexi Styles - Eggs 101 & Breeding

Ash- Self-Defense and Intermediate Battle Techniques

Ryan Newson- Pokemon Legend Studies

Steven Yew- History/Mythology

Sage Smith- Berries and Poffin Making

Zane Alta- Pracical Battling

That means I may have to throw in some NPC classes into the list. If I missed anything let me know.
Xilfer I'll get to you in a sec.

EDIT: If you have any class preferences let me know and I'll see what I can do.

What's the difference between Ash & Zane's classes? I want a class where Kilik can train his Pokemon & himself.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I'm not sure about Zane myself but for Ash (who usually gets self-defense), it tends to be mostly about fighting back in rather realistic situations, such as a dark night, or in the rain while drenched, or even the basics of keeping a solid fist. Because using your Pokemon on a human is... pretty much illegal and stuff. xD

Her Intermediate battle techniques focus on varied themes as well. She will usually go after battles with disadvantages, such as the student having a fight where their Pokemon are surrounded, or can't hear their trainer. She points out silent cues the trainer gives off during a fight or how to exploit the bond between trainer and Pokemon to the advantage of someone else. She also teaches how to exploit fighting with a type disadvantage or neutrality.

For anybody who might have her classes, I hope that helps a bit. :)

Dawn

Years
@Xilfer123: Sorry about that dude--Yes you're accepted. c: You may start RPing immediately.

Years
@Shiny Diamond - Zayne's class is a little less about context, or though that may come into it a bit, and more about the trainer and their pokemon. So whilst Ash's class focuses more on situations Zayne's is more about using the abilities of your pokemon to their full potential and learning what they are capable of. So whilst I expect some overlap between the two (as there often is between various classes) the core of the subjects is different. I'd be more interested in what the difference between Yew and Ryan's classes is.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Shiny Diamond - Zayne's class is a little less about context, or though that may come into it a bit, and more about the trainer and their pokemon. So whilst Ash's class focuses more on situations Zayne's is more about using the abilities of your pokemon to their full potential and learning what they are capable of. So whilst I expect some overlap between the two (as there often is between various classes) the core of the subjects is different. I'd be more interested in what the difference between Yew and Ryan's classes is.

Take Kilik to Zane's class, Yellow!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back