• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Haze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
pokemon_icon_57_by_animelova56-d4nari4.jpg
by AnimeLova56 on Deviant.

PKMN HAZE

[STORYLINE!]
pokemon_icon_22_by_animelova56-d4lm2w3.jpg

Spoiler:

[About EON Region]
380.png
381.png

Spoiler:

[Updated Screen Shots]
Spoiler:

[TOOLS USED]
373.png

Spoiler:

SPECIAL THANKS TO
491.png

Spoiler:

[Need to do]
487.png

Spoiler:

[NEEDED]
442.png

New sprites
Expert at Scripting
New tiles

Download unavailable for now.
470.png
484.png

SUPPORT US:
5Wb4joM.jpg

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
The hacks story is pretty good I think.

Although the Titlescreen and the tiles need some work so they will be good. The mountain tile is good though.

Goodluck with this I look forward for the next updates.

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
The hacks story is pretty good I think.

Although the Titlescreen and the tiles need some work so they will be good. The mountain tile is good though.

Goodluck with this I look forward for the next updates.

Yes, I'll be updating everything soon. Title screen sucks most of all :\
anyways, thanks for the luck!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
It looks really good so far and interesting story :) I can't wait for an update and some gameplay. I also love the male spirte's hat. Will you also have a female or stick with the story and fix to just male?

I do have a question though, do you know what starter pokemon we'll start out with yet?

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
It looks really good so far and interesting story :) I can't wait for an update and some gameplay. I also love the male spirte's hat. Will you also have a female or stick with the story and fix to just male?

I do have a question though, do you know what starter pokemon we'll start out with yet?

Good question! I'll randomly pick out on D/P, B/W and hoenn starters. Which means
all 3 starters will be in 3 different regions, hopefully there cries will be changed as well.
Anyways, I'll fix everything! thanks :D

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Here is my review:
Storyline
The storyline contains a few grammatical errors which you should look out for. I won't elaborate more on it. Okay, first thing, after reading just a few sentences, I noticed that you're just re-writing the typical Fr/Lg routine. It might be just me, or others might agree too, but I dislike that. Also, a few characters seemed too casual. For example:
Prof. Oak didn't think and just gave the PokeDex
Try to give Samuel a more former tone, because he has been known since 1998 to be like that. And again, defeating the gyms, elite 4, and stopping Team Rocket is the generic storyline. Try to add more spice and creativity. And for the rest of the storyline, they are fresh and new, so I have no issues with that.

Screenshots
First, like what Shadowraze said, your titlescreen needs work. The background is really messy and the whole titlescreen looks empty. As for the in-game graphics, the grass (GRASS, not BUSH) tiles are the color of puke. Try to include more shades, and fix the coloring. I'd recommend at least 3 shades, and get the palette from somewhere else, because your version isn't looking good. Your house tile looks really messed up too, if you're looking to create a more creative house, insert a new one or at least fix your version. Your mapping seems fine, except that some parts are a little too empty.

OW
Your overworld lacks shades and it seems a bit too big as compared to the other Fr ones.
It's either you change one (your custom one) or you change all. (The original ones).

Overall, I give this a 6/10. You're just in your early stages, so I won't be too strict about the ratings, but I believe your hack has the potential to be FAR better.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
As it´s too early for a prediction I´m always interested in new hacks.
As mentioned before, the titlescreen needs more work but I think you can fix that.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
It's looks like a good hack. As some others said, you need to do some work on tiles and Title Screen but anyways, keep it up!

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
...You used the example background for the titlescreen.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Nice titlescreen fix. It looks much better now.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Really better Title Screen now. I love it. Also can you change the logo- Pokemon Fire Red Version to Pokemon Haze? I would look nice after it.

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
Really better Title Screen now. I love it. Also can you change the logo- Pokemon Fire Red Version to Pokemon Haze? I would look nice after it.

Of course. I kinda spend more time on learning to script.
well, scrnshot updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back