• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSPokemon

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
PSPokémon

Hello everyone! I introduce to you the project of homebrew game PSPokémon. This project was started by a group of friends of mrfyda as a small test for the PSP.
Platform: PSP (currently runs from the OFW to CFW)
Language: Game is is being developed in C and Lua
Code: https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/pspokemon/ - only make a request for access at the forum

Features:
  • Online Score
  • Multi-languages
  • Open Development
  • AdHoc Battle
  • Wifi Battle (maybe - depending if it needs server or not)
  • Still lots to be done, join to the team and help in developing

Spoiler:

Video:
Spoiler:

Controls:
Analog or D-pad: Movement
X button: Action button
O button: Cancel button
Square: Run
Start: Menu and pause

Progress:
Spoiler:

Download:

Final Thoughts:
If you have knowledge in C or Lua(would be great you have a PSP =P), wants to make maps or help in other ways, just access the project site at http://pspokemon.pt.vu/

Acknowledgments:
Thank you to MrFyda for allowing to creating the topic here.
Developed by mrfyda, KaZ and NightStar 3(TeamZero). And thanks to all the translators

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
That actually looks as a very good start, glad I didn't throw away my old PSP! Keep it up.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
Glad you liked it. Who are interested in helping, be very welcome, can be from a developer, mapper, sprite artist to scripter. Thanks

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

I was like "Oh great, a Pokémon PSP game again". These are known for failing, but seeing this was a liftup- your game is amazing. Too bad I haven't good a Sony PSP, either.

You should be working on the battle graphics.

EDIT:

24y366w.png

I got some from the Spriter's Resource and enlarged the battle background and textbox for you. Respective credits are in the picture. Because, the battle system was bad. They are exactly PSP Wide, the textbox and battle background.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
Thanks for the sprite NatureKeeper. chriskid198 thanks for the interest in helping, I ask you just wait a little until the game becomes more developed to begin the design of the maps, but if you already want to start contributing just takes a look at forum PSPokémon, there mrfyda can give you further guidance.

Anyone interested in how to program for the PSP, check these links:
http://www.evilmana.com/tutorials/
http://www.psp-programming.com/tutorials/
other links removed

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Me being a sony fan means I've got two PSPs.

Do you need CFW to run? You mentioned OFW. I have a hacked PSP-1000, but I mainly play on my unhacked PSPgo.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
Thanks for support Kendosis. DarkDoom3000, the PSPokémon needs a CWF, but PSPokémon Online is already signed, running up on OFW to CWF. So the next versions will have signed. PSPokémon is the only real playable, so until have the signed version you will have to play in PSP 1000, unless you use a signed CFW for PSP Go, is really easy to use, and it's kind of turned off, has returned to its original firmwire.

Last edited:

Fezao4

Hi
Years
Wow!nice hack man!Fire Red on PSP good luck if you wanna change the game!
I just dont have a PSP Emulator....I will try to find one then!But Frist I will try to beat Ash Ketchum all the day!!!Then I try to find it! I think She s in PALLET TOWN on Kanto...WHAT S.S.ANNE just will abord the next week!OK then My Lugia will Fly my Anywhere!
Bye!

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
Actually it's not a rom hack, the game is being developed in C and Lua. Two new images showing the test of Wi-fi Battle on PSPokémon Online

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Hey there,kazary.If is not a rom hack how can I play this game.Do you have a Video or Something Showing How to play this game.Or Coming Soon.

It will just have a .exe to launch the game... Most games in this section tend to have them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
Last edited:

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
Glad you liked it. Who are interested in helping, be very welcome, can be from a developer, mapper, sprite artist to scripter. Thanks

Once I get my demo Released Ill help you with Graphics and maybe we could put my region in this also :3

Back