• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Years
Unfortunately you can't use spoiler tags in signatures since its against the rules. What you probably did in your class was HTML since CSS is pretty much just formatting.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Okay, I've got an issue here that seems simple enough, though I don't know what to do.

I'm working on a new stylized format for my Roleplaying posts, and I need to keep two css-divs in the same line.

Now, I've tried using float:left; and it does put them in the same line, but then it disregards the size of the divs and my signature ends up behind them.

Now, the question:

Is there a way to use float and still maintain the height of the post, or is there a better way to keep the divs together?

Years
Make another div tag after everything that has [cd= visibility:hidden; clear:both;].[/cd] in it. This will clear the float and stop things from slipping behind it.

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
okay this might be a little dumb so no hate please :S

I'm kind of very fond of using CSS in HTML in dreamweaver, but i kindof find this in forum css a bit complex so if i code out what i want my thread to look like in dreamweaver and post it in a css and html tag on the forum, will it work ?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Nah, you can't use html on the forum unfortunately. You have to deal with the bbcode tags: [css-div] for divs, and [css_span] for spans.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Problems with my code... Post this;
"
]post content here[/css-div*]"

V; Which not only interferes with my sig, but also messes with other parts of my post, as shown here. Help?
and get this unsightly block...

Which interferes with not only my sig, but some other elements of my post.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
CSS Knowledge: None
Preffered Teaching Method: VM's
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: Because it interests me. I most likely want to learn to the extent the amount i can use on the forums.
Time Zone: Eastern (Atlantic)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you:
Drew
Note: Lessons will work best in 1 on 1 tuitions.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Problems with my code... Post this;
"
]post content here[/css-div*]"

V; Which not only interferes with my sig, but also messes with other parts of my post, as shown here. Help?

Which interferes with not only my sig, but some other elements of my post.

I KNOW THIS IS DELAYED, BUT:

and get this unsightly block...

Is this your intention? I got rid of the position:relative bits and replaced them with margins. If you use position:relative in your post and in your sig, it'll mess it up, but this way it won't. I also cleaned the code up a tad, because you don't need to do each border side individually unless you intend on changing each side. If you want the entire border to be the same, you just need border-color, border-width, etc. Same with the margin and padding; since it's the same on every side I combined them into "margin: 120px;" and "padding:5px;".

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
background-image: url("urlhere");
Notice the bolded code, you're most likely missing that.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Ah, quotation marks. Didn't think it was that.

Well, URL tags stopped showing, but the image still doesn't appear. Here's my code;
[Code][cd="background-image: ("http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/003/7/4/wooden_toaster_rainbow_factory__resized__by_deathofshadows1928-d5qd0z7.jpg");"]Text and such[/cd][/code]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
HTML:
[cd="background-image: url("http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/003/7/4/wooden_toaster_rainbow_factory__resized__by_deathofshadows1928-d5qd0z7.jpg");"]Text and such[/cd]

You forgot to include "url" before the brackets.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
I'm guessing no one is willing to tutor me? XD I understand some basics such as text effects but with things like Padding or anything involving pictures, I am lost.

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
This is not technically a CSS question, but it deals with calling the CSS file, so I figured this thread should work.

So, when you are in a fold inside of your website root and you call a file in the root (such as the CSS file, in my case) you can use ../style.css
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../style.css">

Now to my question:

How do you do this two folders (or more) in?

I am trying to call the CSS sheet in the root of the website, but I'm calling it from /folder1/folder2/ and ../ isn't working. (..../ ?)

EDIT: Preferably with out using
Code:
<href="http://www.URLofSite.com/style.css">

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm not sure if this is the most efficient way to do it or the only way, but the only way I know of is using a div where you set the image as the background (code for that is background-image:url('http://yourimagehere.png');) and give it the width/height of the image.

Back