• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm pretty sure this has been established since back in 2000 with Silver/Gold/Crystal...
You could also battle trainers and hit victory road, elite 4, etc...
By the way, did you know you can use Mean Look to capture a roaming Pokémon that likes to run away?

All right, I'll stop now, Req. ;)

Cyclone

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The Day Care method has been done since G/S/C. It's not wrong, but it's not very efficient either, as pointed out above. Instead of doing that method of running around in the Battle Subway, it's a better idea to bike up and down the entire length of Skyarrow Bridge, as stated above once again.

The better way of gaining EXP fast is Audino grinding with a Lucky Egg attached. Or, given the new EXP mechanics, go to a place that has high leveled Pokemon (like Giant Chasm) with the low-leveled Pokemon at the lead of the team, send it into battle, switch to a stronger Pokemon and KO the opponent with that one (even better if the low level Pokemon has a Lucky Egg).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Since this has received a couple of comments and you guys seem to be helping each other out on methods, I'm going to move this over to our Quick Questions sticky!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
One of my own Pokémon gained five levels while breeding, in fact. The thing to note is that every level a Pokémon goes up in the daycare costs you 100 in the currency; my Lv.60 Corsola even gained an entire level during my Egg-hunting struggles. So getting a Lv.98 Pokémon back could conceivably cost you 9,800. - the amount you get for a Star Piece from the item guy at Icirrus.
You are talking like 9800 is a hard to get in BW o.O
9800 is nothing in those games.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Which legendary Pokemon should I throw my master ball at?

Depending on which version you have, you probably want to use it on the roaming legendary, as it tends to give the most grief to people. You also get two in the game, so you could use the other on Kyurem or Landorus or save them in case you ever find a shiny exploding Pokémon. Don't use it on Reshiram/Zekrom as they have the same catch rate as an Onix.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

You are talking like 9800 is a hard to get in BW o.O
9800 is nothing in those games.
I'm not denying that. Like I said, the item guy at Nurse Joy's counter at Icirrus' Pokémon Centre will give you that for one Star Piece (you need two at a Pokémart, those scam artists). By the time you "step" to Lv.98, you'll probably have five or six of those if you go seeking them.

Meanwhile, I just reread about Heart Pieces being obtainable at Driftveil this morning. I need to start looking at those options and stock some away in case I need a Pokémon to relearn a move for breeding. I do intend to become both Pokémon Master and breeding superstar. ;) Shinies not so much, but I will accept them in trades; is there a difference when breeding with Shinies? ;)

Depending on which version you have, you probably want to use it {Master Ball} on the roaming legendary, as it tends to give the most grief to people. You also get two in the game, so you could use the other on Kyurem or Landorus or save them in case you ever find a shiny exploding Pokémon. Don't use it on Reshiram/Zekrom as they have the same catch rate as an Onix.
My roamer strategy was different. The evening I unlocked it by getting the Legend Badge and heading to Route 10 (where I'd been multiple times, but the event only occurs then), I didn't have a lot of time up to midnite, so I went and started wittling away its HP in two or three encounters. I then hit the end of the day; in the early morning it started hanging out in the eastern Unova areas out of my reach (at that time). That bugged me, but I did my other daily business at that point and spent the overnite at Nimbasa Town. While in bed, I decided to bring my Watchog (Super Fang and Hypnosis FTW!!!) to the fight. Since it knows Mean Look, all I had to do was flash the look on my free first turn and that roamer was done roaming. The next morning, I executed my plan on Route 5. I failed once as Watchog got dropped, then Tornadus ran away next turn. My second attempt went in my favour and I captured it, I think in a Dusk Ball or Great Ball or something. So my Master Ball sits unused. I'm stupid like that, I do things the hard way.

As for getting two in game, there is indeed a second, but I think you have to trade so many times and then get it at a Pokémon Center (Castelia?) as a reward. There are other items too.

You can easily spread Pokerus by placing the infected pokemon first in your party and battling a wild pokemon with it. There is a large chance to pass it to the second and third pokemon slots.
It doesn't have to be the first slot. In fact, if the other five are unaffected, placing it in the middle spreads the "disease" quicker. I would plant them at the second and fifth slots, and 2-3 battles later, back to the PC to redeposit.

I haven't infected my newest recruits yet, but my Musketeers (who I was going to keep pure) accidentally joined some Pokérus holders, so they are now doubling their EVs. Not like it matters. I don't think they can go on Wifi.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
Hey guys, I have a problem connecting to wifi on my Pokemon Black and White on my DSi and it always pop up this error code: 91010 for every 2-3 minutes when I connecting to wifi. My wifi never had a problem and works well with my Platinum game so Idk why in Black and White it always messed up too much.

When I search over the internet, it said that this problem might happened because of Friend Roster problems but I already try those thing by deleting one by one my Friend's FCs on Pal Pad until none of them anymore on my Pal Pad but it still not working.

I try to delete my internet connection on my DSi and setup it back but Idk why it still can solve this problem. I also check on my router setting for MAC filtering, Firewall WEP key and all things like that and all of them are fine. I emailed Nintendo Customer Service last week but they not even helping me.

Its already more than 2 weeks this problem happened to me, so please, I really need a help to solve this problem. Thank you.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This is true unless of course the parents are of different languages, then the chance is higher. This still applies to non-shiny Pokémon also.

Whoops; forgot to take that in account. *facepalm*

Anyway, my own question: is weather (rain, hail, sandstorm) a factor when I'm RNGing for a Pokemon?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Whoops; forgot to take that in account. *facepalm*

Anyway, my own question: is weather (rain, hail, sandstorm) a factor when I'm RNGing for a Pokemon?

No, I don't think so. Weather is just for aesthetic purposes I think.

Yes, weather is a factor, it'll mess up the results. You can get rid of it by saving your game on the route you want, changing the month on your DS the the required month, and then battling a wild Pokémon. Then you can just save with clear weather there and do your RNG as normal.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yes, weather is a factor, it'll mess up the results. You can get rid of it by saving your game on the route you want, changing the month on your DS the the required month, and then battling a wild Pokémon. Then you can just save with clear weather there and do your RNG as normal.
Thing is, there are routes where it rains (or, this month, SNOWS) all the time. It's hit and miss getting good weather. I think I had two rainy days in a row on Route 7 while hanging out there training.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back