• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The Best Defense is a Good Offense" [Steel-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

Hmm since I can start new topics now, what are your hopes for Steel types in X&Y guys?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
What are you hopes for steel types in X/Y?

That they become more used by players! Steel is rather uncommon compared to the likes of fire, water, grass and electric which is rather saddening because they're a great type to use! With the introduction of fairy which counters the terrifying beasts known as dragons, steel-types will hopefully benefit from them by being counters to the latest addition. Furthermore I'm disappointed that most steel-types have average or poor speed. Yes, they're weighed down by all that metal but I want to see some lightning speed rock snakes that aren't called Steelix some time soon. That'd just be badass.

I'd also like to see futuristic-like designs! Robots and all that shizz. They really need to add a signature move if such a Pokemon came into existence, with an animation like Leer from G/S/C. If you haven't seen the move's animation it makes this screech-like noise and it looks like lasers shooting out of a Pokemon's eyes. Badass. I hated the later animations though. Seeing it happen in 3D however would just be.. undescribable. Think of the feeling you get when its the last day of school and the next day is summer holidays. Then think about eating chocolate ice-cream on a hot summer's day. That's what it feels like to witness such a move. B)

I'm fine with whatever they throw at us though. Just make it good!

Troock

Whatever Forever
Years
They didn't give Steven extra steel types like Scizor and Forretress because those are generation 2 pokémon. And, as Alex said, Steven's team already was really strong without them.

What are you hopes for steel types in X/Y?

I'm really hoping we'll get a steel type gym leader/E4 member/champion again. Also, I'd like to see some interesting dual types involving steel. A Steel/Fire type would be awesome, and another Steel/Dark type would be cool as well. And of course I want to see some more mega-evolutions of steel types! We already have these ones:
Spoiler:

But I would love to see a MegaScizor or a MegaBisharp as well.

As for the mega steel types already announced, I don't like MegaMawile that much. It seems like all they did was add another one of those jaw-like things on her head and made some height and color changes. MegaLucario is a whole different story though. I admit, you can see that with MegaLucario all they did was add some things and made a few adjustments as well. But it still looks very different from Lucario imo, and just really. f*cking. awesome.

TY

Im not getting X/Y myself cause i dont have, nor will get a 3DS, but ill hope there will be a Steel-type Gym leader or E4 member...

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Yeh I Don't Have 3DS But I Will Play XandY In 3DS Emulator For Pc And I Hope Steel Type Gym,E4 Or Champion In XandY Iff It's Has He Will Be Very Hard To Beat Her

Sirfetch’d

As for answering my current topic, I have high hopes for steels this gen. We already know about Mawile and Lucario getting mega formes which will be really nice for all of us steel fanatics out there. We also have Honedge who has been revealed and I personally have high hopes for him. I feel he will be a glass cannon, but will really be useful. With an immunity to Mach Punch, neutrality to Sucker Punch, and resistance to Bullet Punch, priority moves wont be much of a factor for him.

I would also like to see a few special sweepers introduced. We have Genesect, and a few others, but the Steel type special movepool is very shallow and an expansion upon that with a few specially based steel Pokemon would really be a nice edition to this generation!

Years
What are your hopes for Steel types in X/Y?

The full game isn't even out yet so it's difficult to judge where Steel-types will head in general, but Mawile getting a new lease in life (Pardon the cliche) and Ghost/steel Honedge is a good prospect.

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
Sweet I was waiting for this club.

Username/Nickname:
Arron13
Partner(s) - You can pick up to 2 different Partners from the list below:
Aggron and Bastiodon
What made you join this club?
Steel type is my favorite type. My favorite pokemon line comes from it and everytime I've used a steel type it is just a complete beast. My bastiodon from the first time i played pearl would never die.
What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon?
This one is tough. My favorite line is the Aron line. I love Larions design, Aggron is a tank and i had a real connection with a aron. It was the first time I trained up a aron to an aggron and I nicknamed it Arron (which is how I came up with my username). I would have to pick Larion though. The design just makes it.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Username/Nickname: Pokemount/Mount
Partner(s): Steelix
What made you join this club? I almost always have a steel pokemon on my team due to most of them having good defences and most just looking down right awesome.
What is your favorite Steel-type Pokémon? Steelix. I remember when I first saw this thing back in Gen 2 and thought it was one of the coolest pokemon ever. Still one of my favorites today.

Years
Welcome to the club, Pokemount!

New topic has now been posted: Do you think the introduction of Steel-types in Gen II was necessary?

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
I do not think it was necessary, however I do think Steel types were definitely a great addition to the second generation and onward though. :)

Sirfetch’d

Definitely necessary. The type chart simply wasn't balanced and introducing Steel types helped do that. It provided resistances to many of the types especially Psychic type that was OP in gen 1.

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
I'll agree that it was a great addition to the series and one that helped it immensely, and i don't think it was completely necessary but it was one of those things that couldn't hurt to put in the game. In Gen II they create the dark type to help destroy the OP Psychic type. I do think that the dark type might have became the new OP, since Psychic couldn't even touch it. I think Steel type is just a balancing type, one that helps make the types more even as a whole.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Do you think the introduction of Steel-types in Gen II was necessary?

Well...yeah. It helped balance the type chart (like everyone has already pointed out) but also it kinda made more sence to add a new type for some pokemon. But I have to admit it wasnt realy a huge necessity.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
If you can choose one Steel-type Pokemon to exist in real life, what would it be?

Easy choice for me. Aggron of course. I mean...come on...LOOK AT IT! Its a dinosaur...with metal plates...eating metal. Do want.

Although Skarmory or Metacross would be my second choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back