• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Rainn-Mein (NOT POKEMON)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Yes, I can post this thread here.

Anyway, PRM is actually in playable builds, development has started, but I don't think I have enough work to warrant it a proper thread with screenshots. Yet.

It's this thing, called a game, and you can do things in it, like move around, open doors, and screw it up by going to something worse than glitch city find secrets. Actually, it's a text-based adventure, like Zork, but... different story. Yes, seriously. No Pokemon relation whatsoever, don't ask.

World Background: You are in a dark and gloomy cell. You leave the cell and go outside. From there, you get onto a small boat and explore the ever-growing world.

What can you do: You can explore the world in many simple ways, such as take lantern, burn house, use axe, burn other house... you get the idea.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Project Completion:
Story (written): 10%
Story (programmed of written): 5%
Music: 2 tracks
Graphics: 100%

Estimated Release Date: By 2017

Tools used:
Adobe Audition, FL Studio, paulstretch and recordings of life from my DS for music
VB .NET 2010 Express as my IDE (Engine was written for this game)
Photoshop for my non-existent graphics

Requirements:
50MB of HDD/SSD space
.NET Framework 4.0

Immediate Updates: Clicky

Sorry that the thread looks so hopeless, I rushed a bit and practically forgot all the CSS I know.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Zork bored me, I hate reading when that's all I'm doing, but will still have a go to see what's up :)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Zork bored me, I hate reading when that's all I'm doing, but will still have a go to see what's up :)

I'll just say that while there tends to be a ton of text sometimes, it's not as bad as this sample that I'm sort of basing my NPCs on. It's from The Battle of Walcot Keep.

Code:
Battlefield

You stand in a field of tall grass and nettles. Large patches of the field are trodden black and muddied, signs of recent sorties engaged and broken, of a battle neither lost nor yet won. A siege tower stands here in the mud, nearby to the keep's northern wall. The steep hillside stretches up to the north, and to the south lies the road to the main gate. Beyond the road lies a ditch, and then the hills on the far side of the valley. The sounds of battle crash in your ears.

Five royalist men-at-arms and two royalist archers are standing here.

Baron Geoffrey is sitting on the chestnut horse.

Two rebel men-at-arms, four rebel archers, and Lord Ranulf are standing on the north wall.

Two royalist men-at-arms and a ruddy royalist archer are standing in the ditch.

A stout royalist man-at-arms is standing upon the road.

A tall rebel archer's arrow flies true, hitting a small royalist man-at-arms squarely. A stout rebel archer's arrow flies true, hitting a small royalist man-at-arms squarely. A small royalist man-at-arms falls dead. A thin rebel archer cannot reach a small royalist man-at-arms. A tall royalist man-at-arms heaves with all his might, and inches the siege tower towards the wall. A thin royalist man-at-arms heaves with all his might, and inches the siege tower towards the wall. A large royalist man-at-arms enters the road. Gripping his blade, a sturdy rebel man-at-arms readies himself. A stout royalist man-at-arms enters the field. A comely royalist man-at-arms puts the wooden siege ladder against the castle wall. Geoffrey smiles grimly, and grips his blade. "They are weak; the keep will fall!" Ranulf calls to a small rebel man-at-arms, "Topple that ladder!"

It's not going to be THIS kind of massive, or not until later ingame. I'm going to make sure all the text will fit in that small box.

Anyway, going to start programming examining other objects, like the wall, floor, air, etc. so if you get bored, you can try to examine random items and we'll see how it goes from there.

EDIT: Just in case this question pops up, no, you cannot have two sharks in your inventory, that just makes the game all too easy.

Last edited:
Back