• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mind Masters: Psychic-type Pokémon fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
Which Psychic-type is the best to use offensively?

Hmm... that's a tough one...

My battle style is almost 100% offense in the first place, so just about any Psychic-Type will do for me, haha :pink_giggle: I'm torn between Mewtwo, Alakazam, and Gardevoir.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I will go ahead and answer the new topic myself as well. I think Mewtwo is the best Psychic-type offensively. Very powerful to begin with, and if he transforms into Mega Mewtwo X, he gains Fighting as a second type, halving damage taken from Dark and Ghost types. Psystrike, his signature move, does a lot of damage but won't hit a Dark type (unless you use Miracle Eye), but no worries, as his Aura Sphere can take down those Dark-types.

Years

I'd say Gardevoir, the new generation's introduction of Fairy-type was very kind to her because now she has an advantage against a type she often struggled with in the past, plus she lost two common weaknesses (Bug and Dark) in exchange for two uncommon weaknesses (Poison and Steel). Also, she gained a Mega to go with all that so yeah you can say Gardy definitely became a more amazing attacker thanks to her new Fairy-type advantages. Mewtwo comes a close second due to its diverse movepool and access to two very strong Megas.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

Mewtwo

I'd say Gardevoir with the new Fairy-typing as well. I always liked that it could learn Thunderbolt because it filled a bit of a necessity that I always considered.

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
What is the best Psychic type to use offensively?
Out of all the Psychic types i've used, Starmie trumps them all in terms of offense IMO. Bolt-Beam never gets old XD

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Yeah I can't exactly disagree with that. Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam is quite an epic moveset.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

I'm gonna say Starmie as well, it's fast and has two very reliable STABs in Surf and Psychic, plus other strong moves like you guys mentioned already. I enjoy using Sigilyph offensively too, he has a great movepool, and he's amazing in doubles as well, with Heat Wave and his Flying-typing.

And while those two are great special attackers, if you want a strong physical attacker, Malamar's your Pokemon. He's a devious one, with Foul Play, Payback, increased critical hit ratio moves like Psycho Cut and Nightslash. Contrary Malamar really packs a punch with Superpower, with the added stat boosts!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, it would be Alakazam. Its base Special Attack stat is 135, which is quite gigantic. Along with that, it has a bunch of special-based moves in its arsenal as well, which it could take full advantage of. Alakazam is also pretty fast, which is a plus. :]

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I should try that Starmie move set. How do I make Alakazam more powerful and a bit defensive so he isn't taken out so easily?

You can't, unfortunately. Alakazam's defenses are extremely low, so regardless of how hard you try, you just won't be able to make it survive for long. :( Best thing you could do is take down as much Pokémon with it as possible while it's still out on the field.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
You can't, unfortunately. Alakazam's defenses are extremely low, so regardless of how hard you try, you just won't be able to make it survive for long. :( Best thing you could do is take down as much Pokémon with it as possible while it's still out on the field.

I've given mine Aura Sphere to knock off Dark-types in addition to giving it Psychic moves and Leftovers to heal itself. Hope that works for the time being.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hm, it's been a while since we last had a new topic here. Mind if I start one? :) If you ever had psychic Pokémon in real life, how would you use them? For something personal, to help others, or both? Additionally, could you list some psychic-types that you'd like to own?

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Hm, it's been a while since we last had a new topic here. Mind if I start one? :) If you ever had psychic Pokémon in real life, how would you use them? For something personal, to help others, or both? Additionally, could you list some psychic-types that you'd like to own?

Obviously to become a mysterious crime fighting psychic pokemon trainer. With a cloak of mystery and wonder!!!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

I'd use them to heal myself and others, and take down bad guys with them. Since they can see the future, we could stop bad things before they happen.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mhmm, yeah, I agree with you, Cloyster! They could definitely be used from stopping future tragedies from happening. Personally, I'd use them to help improve my remembrance and memorization skills. I'm pretty weak in these two aspects, sadly. ):

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Oh boy, I haven't tended to my clubs in awhile. Let's get this Psychic one up and running again.

Should we start a new topic? Any other ideas of what I could add here or what we could do?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hm... well, we've discussed offensive psychic Pokémon earlier, but didn't talk about the defensive ones. Let's get to it, shall we? Defensively, which psychic-type is best to use when battling?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hm... well, we've discussed offensive psychic Pokémon earlier, but didn't talk about the defensive ones. Let's get to it, shall we? Defensively, which psychic-type is best to use when battling?

I have put this topic up as the new topic. I will go ahead and say that Metagross is probably the best Psychic-type to use defensively, it being primarily a Steel-type and having awesome stats. It's so hard to take down and I've had issues in the past defeating it, even with a strong Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back