• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] KKN's Art & Design

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Wow, I haven't updated this thread in ages. I guess that's because I haven't been able to draw much for a while. I have very limited free time now, but I recently did try sketching a few things.

UPDATE: New pics added.

Nekoban_Ryo_redesign_working_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Nekoban Ryo Redesign_working is my attempt to, obviously, redesign my OC 'Nekoban Ryo' (which you can see at the top of the first post). My reason for doing this is because, since he is a Charanari (Character Transformation) of 'Anime Me,' seeing as 'Anime Me' (and real me) have facial hair, I needed him to have facial hair. I'm also making him look more like 'Anime Me.' Other than the head, though, very few things are going to be changed.

Starter_Concept_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Electric Naked Mole Rat? is an attempt to redesign my Electric/Ground starter for HeavenEarth Version. Its original name was Zerble (horrible combination of Zap+Gerble), but it will eventually have a name-change. I'm open to suggestions.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks. Sorry it took so long for me to reply, but I figured I had better wait until I had a pic to update with. I didn't think it would take this long.

Mystery_of_the_GS_Ball_2_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

Imagine digging thru some old photos and finding this.

---

More relating to the GS Ball (style inspired by Ancient Mew):
GS_Legend_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Ancient_Celebi_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

And my first semi-decent Celebi pic:
Celebi_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

EDIT: Tried to doll it up a bit more. It's rather blurry, but I like it.
Celebi_V2_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Chibi Kj, Shugo Nekaisu?
Chibi_Kj_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

An attempt to make a chibi version of my OC, Kj'kun. It looks like it could be a Shugo Chara. Maybe Maneki and Shimo (2 of my Shugo Charas) could fuse to make this?

This is more or less concept art, so I colored it quickly and rather sloppily. I'm not a big fan of the result (drawing or coloring), but I assume, if it's like most of my work, it will grow on me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
hey great stuff! i'll check out your deviantart. If you'd like or have the time to make some character turn around sheets i'll be happy to 3d model them out! have a nice day and keep em coming

icycatelf

Alex
Years
hey great stuff! i'll check out your deviantart. If you'd like or have the time to make some character turn around sheets i'll be happy to 3d model them out! have a nice day and keep em coming

Thanks.

Awesome. I'll have to make some sometime. :3
Any of these characters in particular that you're interested in modeling?

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Not really been producing much of anything as of late without assistance. Here's another update.

*Sandshrew Plushie Collab.
Another Pokemon plushie. Less of my own work went into this than my Dusparce plushie. My mom did most of the work for this, pretty much all of it in fact, but I did have some input. I made the drawing for her to go by and I added highlights to the eyes. Other than that, I did nothing but throw out suggestions. However, that's still enough to call this a collaboration. Besides, this deserves to be shown off and my mom doesn't have a dA or a PokeCommunity account. Made with some left-over felt. Measures about 6.6" tall.

*Calcifer Gift Art
Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle. A Christmas present for one of my friends.

*Arceus Sketch _working
Just a sketch of Arceus. My recent 'goofy' Arceus fake inspired me to draw a more serious one. It's far from done, but I think it's turning out nice.

*SnowManeki Neko
Not much to do inside today, so my sister and I put on coats and gloves and went outside. I started building something out of snow. I was going to make a snow Pikachu, but I changed my mind and decided to make a snow Maneki Neko. My sister helped a lot, though I'd say we did about the same amount of work (it's highly possible that she did more). The base was done by each of us, though I got it started. My sister made the awesome ears. I made the bell and koban. My sister made the arms. I made the bell. She made the facial features. I made the tail (can't see in this pic). Including the ears, it's about 3 feet tall. Check out my sister's gallery here.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I love the plushies, Kouga... I have to say that I'm quite sure that I could see myself paying for that Dunsparce one. :D

I'm also a big fan of that Calcifer - he's my favorite character too - that candy cane makes it awesome. :P

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks. I really wish real (official) Dunsparce plushies were made... Buuut, I guess The Pokemon Company didn't think it had enough fans... even though I've talked to many Dunsparce fans... and Dunsparce is awesome. Serene Grace + Ice Beam combo <3.

Thanks again! =D

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
Years
Plushies look brilliant! : O.
Dunsparce is awesome! *gave it headbutt +serene grace, glare was useful xD;*
and i love the sandshrew one, thats really cute.
The arceus sketch is looking pretty cool so far too. want to see it finished.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thank you, Trent.

I agree. Dunsparce is amazing. I personally prefer Ice Beam + Serene Grace, but I'm just an ice fanatic.

I'm glad you like my works. I will try to finish the Arceus pic soon, though I will probably work on some new stuff before that happens. Actually, I've already started on something different.
Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: New "Makoto: Coloring Test" pic added to the Hand/Digital section.

Makoto_th.png

It's Kj's cousin, Makoto! I've been trying to design his concept on and off for nearly half a year.

Makoto is a special kind of Neko known as a "Nekomata," or twin-tailed Neko. Also, unlike my other Neko characters, he has no element applied to him. Instead, he is a "Blood" Neko(mata) that can change the attributes of his body at will or, in other words, shape-shift. Most commonly, this ability is used to transform into a cat (Xane can do this because he has some 'Blood' Neko blood) or a human, but further techniques can be developed, such as those that allow one to 'shape-shift' individual parts of their body. However, regardless of what the body is transformed into, it is still living. This can result in some horrific and grotesque weapons.

Don't worry. The pic is incomplete. He WILL have arms, legs, etc. I may add more markings. I dunno what he'll wear as of yet.

His original design was going to have black hair (right), but that didn't look great in my opinion (though it is starting to grow on me).
I tried brown (left) and it looked better, IMO. What do you guys think? Feel free to suggest eye colors as well.

Brown with copper eyes : 9 votes
Black with copper eyes : 3 votes
Black w/ green eyes [link] : 2 votes

Original pic: [link]

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Millenium Puzzle Cosplay Prop
Millenium_Puzzle_Cosplay_Prop_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

This is, I think, my third attempt to create a Millenium Puzzle and is probably my best. I created a papercraft (which can be found here) and used it as the base. I printed a second copy of the papercraft and cut out all the pieces (everything that is outlined) and glued some of them to the base to give it some relief. Afterward, I coated it with 4 layers of heavy-body acrylic paint (which helped to smooth it out, to make it look like it wasn't made of paper) followed by a coat of normal acrylic black (for whatever reason). I used a jump ring for the hoop at the top (which you can't see much of in this pic). I then finished it off with 2 or 3 layers of metallic gold spraypaint.

Sorry about the poor image quality. The only camera I have is the one built into the DSi. My mom has a high-resolution digital camera, but I didn't feel like putting forth the effort to get it. :P

Last edited:

Trent_Jayir

Years
xD *this sounds so much like my core drill.... especially since the only camera I have was MY Dsi too...*

Thats really well made though, the acrylic to make it look like its not made from paper was a clever idea (Paper must mean its pretty light still, though?) plus the relief details make it look great~ a really good replica~! from this i assume you're going to cosplay as Yu-gi?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I saw. It looks great. :)

Thanks. Yeah, since it was made of paper (cardstock), it's pretty light.

Haha... I wouldn't be able to pull off a Yugi cosplay. I like the idea of cosplaying, but I don't do it... I may, however, still wear the puzzle during duels. lol

Trent_Jayir

Years
lol! Cosplay can be scary. But his hair would be hella difficult to pull off x____X;;;
Though, wearing that for duels earns you like, bonus cool points 8)

Back