• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventure

Ryan Hekk

Game Developer
Years
There's only one word I can say, and that is wow. I've never seen anything like this before. A truly great looking Pokemon platformer, with the traditional Pokemon RPG elements mixed in.

1. What do you think about the design of the iPhione (Pause Menu)?

I think the iPhione is pretty unique and a very good pun on the Apple product :P. I like the icons as the menu options especially, very well done. The background however could use some work, but I'll assume thats one of the things youre working on.

2. What is your opinion on the overworld tiles / look?

I like the overworld tiles and look. However, it looks similar to a custom HeartGold and SoulSilver, possibly Black and White in your screenshots, so I think that the main highlight here isn't the graphics of the RPG overworld but the gameplay experience of the platforming elements.

3. Do you prefer the trees to be offset in alternating rows (as can be seen in the game / in the screen shots) or do you prefer for them to be in straight horizontal / vertical lines (like in standard Pokemon games)?

I prefer the trees in alternating rows. It looks more realistic and it works out well for your game, graphically.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
Hi!Downloaded the game yesterday.It's really good!
1)Does the beta end on Route 2?
2)I found this bug in the first gym. If you go in a second time,He starts talking and the VS sprite is in the air,so you walk around this giant VS sprite.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Ah thanks for pointing out these glitches guys, I will address them in the next version. The current beta stops at Route 2, however, I am hoping the next version will at least include the first 3 towns.

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
This looks very promising and innovative (I particularly like the iPhione), but why are the overworld screen shots so dark?

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
[20/2/2010] Version 3.0.1 released!

Download & InstantPlay links in first post.

-- New Intro
-- New Title Screen
-- Added Gender / Name select
-- MAJOR Interface & Gameplay update
-- Improved Map
-- Areas: Ochre, Gent, Route 1, Route 2, Gym 1, Gent Forest, Flax
-- New iPhione (V2)
-- New Text Engine (includes portraits)
-- Added Pokemon Cries (when defeated)
-- Pokemon are now added to the Pokedex when you defeat them
-- New Item / Key Item inventory systems
-- Working PokeCenter (excluding the PC)
-- Working PokeMart
-- Playable Pokemon : 1
-- New and improved Flax Gym (including tileset, layout and VS Sequence)
-- New Music (based on Pokemon B/W)

Please report any glitches you find (there will probably be a few).

Hope you guys enjoy it; I've spent a lot of time recoding various parts of the system.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Oh I like this, it's fun and plays quite well.

Just a couple of niggles:

At one point during Gent Forest my Marril got stuck in a tree (couldn't move) it was ok though since I had an escape rope.

Secondly during my gym battle with Nincada I managed to get myself into a position where Nincada just stood there while I shot bubbles at it. It did nothing...

They're just fairly small things though, it's refreshing to see a different kind of pokemon fan game being made. :)

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Oh I like this, it's fun and plays quite well.

Just a couple of niggles:

At one point during Gent Forest my Marril got stuck in a tree (couldn't move) it was ok though since I had an escape rope.

Secondly during my gym battle with Nincada I managed to get myself into a position where Nincada just stood there while I shot bubbles at it. It did nothing...

They're just fairly small things though, it's refreshing to see a different kind of pokemon fan game being made. :)

Thankyou for pointing these out!

I am aware of the getting stuck issue.. I'm not entirely sure how to fix that one so, as you said, you can always use the escape rope lol. I'll take another look at the coding and see if I can get it to work better and I'll also remove the sniping spot for Nincada :).

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2020
A side scroller? Nice! If I were to give any suggestions, I would suggest that you add a feature that lists multiple skills like in MapleStory, like a list of skills that you gain while you level, and AP that you can apply on that skill to make it stronger, ex. Bubble after Lv 5, and you can apply more AP to make it stronger, then access Bubblebeam after Lv 30 or so (you will know what I meant if you played it before).

I'm going to be honest though, I just looked at your screenshot, so if all of the things I said was total junk, you'll know why :)

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
A side scroller? Nice! If I were to give any suggestions, I would suggest that you add a feature that lists multiple skills like in MapleStory, like a list of skills that you gain while you level, and AP that you can apply on that skill to make it stronger, ex. Bubble after Lv 5, and you can apply more AP to make it stronger, then access Bubblebeam after Lv 30 or so (you will know what I meant if you played it before).

I'm going to be honest though, I just looked at your screenshot, so if all of the things I said was total junk, you'll know why :)

Haha. Yeah, I've not played Maplestory in like 2 years (quit when I got to lvl 200) but I remember how the skill system worked. I'll play around and see what works best but that does sound like quite a good way to do it. Thanks for your suggestion!

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
When your bubbles level up,can they stay leveled up?Thanks.
~RulerArceus

What exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean that if I were to use the Maplestory SP system as was previously suggested, that when you level up your "skill" or "attack" and unlock new ones the old ones stay at their level?

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2014
First time I saw the game in Version 2.0.2, I was so satisfied!!! The maps, everything was great for an early-in-progress game.

But now, that you deleted the overworld RPG-part Engine, made the ingame feeling ... some kind of strange. In my opinion the RPG Overworld was the greatest (written in GM!).
Will you let it deleted?

Anyway, regards to a great game!

Last edited:

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
First time I saw the game in Version 2.0.2, I was so satisfied!!! The maps, everything was great for an early-in-progress game.

But now, that you deleted the overworld RPG-part Engine, made the ingame feeling ... some kind of strange. In my opinion the RPG Overworld was the greatest (written in GM!).
Will you let it deleted?

Anyway, regards to a great game!

Thanks!

The initial feed-back was that the overworld RPG part and the platform part didn't necessarily fit together quite right. Hopefully missing it out won't affect the game's appeal too much and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it :). If there is a huge demand for me to bring it back then I suppose I could do that but I quite like the way it is at the moment -- maybe if I tweak it a bit more I can get the new system to feel more natural.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
The graphics in this game look very polished :D,im in love with the way the world map looks

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
The graphics in this game look very polished :D,im in love with the way the world map looks

Thankyou :) I really appreciate that.

If you're making your own Pokemon game and want a map like mine I could make one for you if you like my style.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
I just downloaded this game yesterday, and I have to say that it's pretty nice! :D I finished Gent Forest, but I'm guessing that you can't get the Sweet Honey yet. I've noticed that my save file gets deleted sometimes and brings up an error. Do you know how to fix this?

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I just downloaded this game yesterday, and I have to say that it's pretty nice! :D I finished Gent Forest, but I'm guessing that you can't get the Sweet Honey yet. I've noticed that my save file gets deleted sometimes and brings up an error. Do you know how to fix this?

You're correct, the game finishes where you collect the Sweet Honey at the moment. The next version will contain several areas including Ochre Lighthouse (which is being occupied by Team Rocket) (screen shots of this can be seen in my DeviantArt) and the 2nd/3rd gyms along with a few extra dungeons.

That's slightly strange. I was expecting there to be problems with the saving system in this version because I had to code my own system because the game now uses Data Structures instead of Arrays for the inventories / pokedex.

Can you please check that in the game's folder, you have the *.sav file, a file called "i", one called "ki" and one called "pkdx". The *.sav file contains the standard information included in saved game & the other 3 contain the important information contained in your inventory / pokedex. So long as you don't edit them at all your game should work ok.

Thankyou for taking the time to point this out to me; I will take another look at the saving system so that it works better in the next version!

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
This game is addictive. :DDD

I love it so much!!!

Thanks :D, I appreciate that coming from you because I'm a big fan of Helio; I think it's one of the best Pokemon games on these forums.

Update! Poll #1

I am going to gauge which changes people want made by using polls. The first is to decide which Pokemon you would like as the next playable Pokemon.

http://micropoll.com/t/KErwqZBvYi

Back