• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*~ The Spriters Poke'Dex~*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
*~ The Spriter's Poke'Dex ~*​

This is The Spriter's Poke"Dex, made by me, Captain Arcane. It shows all Pokemon from 1-493, and also shows the pokemon variations of pokemon that live in different hemispheres. Also, there is an Unown Dex, and a Arceus Dex! There are a few sprites and Pokemon icons I stil do not have, but until I get them, here it is.

*Credits*
Pokemon Names Provided by: ‎Hiroshi Sotomura​

Please remember to give a simple thank you if you use this, its not to much to ask for, plus you get an extra post out of it, so its a pretty good deal. It's just that its nice to now that my work is appreciated, thats all! ^_^

Remember, save this as a PNG(.png), since there are so many colors, saving it as a BMP(.bmp) would alter some or many of the colors.

So, I hope you appreciate this Poke'Dex, it took me forever to do.
dexzj4.png

Shot at 2007-07-07
Enjoy
^_^​

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Thanks, but there's sites with all the sprites already.
And NEVER save as BMP. It severly reduces the quality of the sprite.
Anyway, you didn't really need to do this, but it's cool.

Captain Arcane

Years
Thanks, but there's sites with all the sprites already.
And NEVER save as BMP. It severly reduces the quality of the sprite.
Anyway, you didn't really need to do this, but it's cool.

One of the main reasons why I did this was because all the other sites host their sprites in an akward way.

Ex. On Pokemon Elite, you have to click an indivdual link to see a sprite, most people like thier sprites in a whole organized group. The Spriters Resource have all their sprites in a black backround, which is the worst way to host sprites, white is the color that should always be used.

Thats why I did this, easy acces, nicely organized, and numbers to identify Pokemon.^_^

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
You do realise that if you press flood fill on the TSR sheets they don;t damage the sprites as it;s a different shade of black.

Captain Arcane

Years
You do realise that if you press flood fill on the TSR sheets they don;t damage the sprites as it;s a different shade of black.

I dont know how imbarassing this sounds, but I have know clue what flood fill is! =P
And TSR sounds familiar, but I guess I don't know what that is either! ^_^

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
neat. i've been looking for them where all of them are showed together. it's drag having to click through a bunch of them just to look at the beauty that is the D/P sprite collection XD. rather than bothering to do all that stuff that you said you want to do, i'd only update by putting the names of NEW pokemon English names as they are revealed. the rest of the information, people will go to official sites rather to some thread at a forum board. also, i'd consider double the sprite boxes to include BOTH the first and second frame of the sprites.

Captain Arcane

Years
neat. i've been looking for them where all of them are showed together. it's drag having to click through a bunch of them just to look at the beauty that is the D/P sprite collection XD. rather than bothering to do all that stuff that you said you want to do, i'd only update by putting the names of NEW pokemon English names as they are revealed. the rest of the information, people will go to official sites rather to some thread at a forum board. also, i'd consider double the sprite boxes to include BOTH the first and second frame of the sprites.

Yes, I agree, so many people are complaining about the new sprites, and how all the Pokemon look, but you know what? Every time a generation comes out, so many people feel the same way each time. They expect the greatest, and coolest looking Pokemon, but become dissapointed when they see the actual Pokemon. And the process continues, I on the otherhand was ready for the new Pokemon, and was prepared for whatever they looked like. Know, I will admit that I was pretty disgruntled at the new fire starter, but know I love that little thing! ^_^ But as it goes, and it may never change, people will always over excite themselves, and in turn, will lose interist, but will soon forget about there stereotype feelings about the new Pokemon, and again, fall into the same trap next generation.

Oh, yes, I will have to change the size of the box, but I like doing things for the PC, this is a perfect example, and my color pallet that I made for the same reason, is know in the resources thread! But you have given me new ideas, the second frame one is great! Yeah, but if anybody has a list of all the Pokemon names in national format, except the D and P Pokemon, 1-386, I would really appreciate it. Because it would save me about 2 hours of typing and reviewing the Pokemon to make sure the're spelt right.

Thanx for the new ideas Samson^_^

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Flood fill is the little bucket tool, TSR is The Spriter's Recourse.

Captain Arcane

Years
Flood fill is the little bucket tool, TSR is The Spriter's Recourse.

Oh, then you could of just said the paint bucket! ^_^
I used that, but some Pokemon sprites have poses where there will be a hole, like for example Unown(letter "O") its sprite has almost a whole circle inside, which was painted black. If you understood that great, if you didn't I don't know what to tell you. But yeah, using the paint bucket wont just take away all the black in the sprite sheet, you have to individually check all the sprites, like I did, but I still missed some Pokemon with the black on them. Which by the way I will be fixing on the next update, but I don't know when that will be! =P

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
The only thing I have to say about this is that #416 and #417 have two different types of sprites. One for east one for west.

~Weavile~

Captain Arcane

Years
The only thing I have to say about this is that #416 and #417 have two different types of sprites. One for east one for west.

~Weavile~

Oh, yeah, I know! ^_^
I just got on today, so hopefully I'll have an update on Friday! So, that will be included, hopefully.....but I don't know what else will be added. But thats if I get around to updating it.

Captain Arcane

Years
Okay, I've updated the Poke'Dex again.

Updates:
Hemisphere variations of species( there are only 2)
English names of Pokemon provided by ‎Hiroshi Sotomura

Like before, I will still be updating this, and I don't know when, I just do it when I do it.
Well, I hope you guys enjoy this, its very time consuming. Oh, and also, If you guys find any thing wrong with the sprites, or anything else, please inform me, so that I may fix them.
Thanx ^_^​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
AHHH!!! This doesn't belong on the second page.

Unburied.

Great job, Captain Arcane!

I think this thread should be stickied.

Captain Arcane

Years
!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!

Okay, I know I double posted, but only because I have made an update!
Its the Unown Dex! I know its not a big update, but at least it's
an update. Yep, so remember, check back often, my updates can
come at any time, big or small!
Enjoy
^_^​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back