• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

baby gurrrrl.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Do you like pet names? Do you give them often? Do you make up weird ones that no one ever seems to use?

I like giving pet names to people I care about. I don't often use the typical ones like baby though. And I tend to call a lot of people honey, but I don't mean anything by it. I like to use unique ones, and I typically only call one person by a certain pet name. I love being called by pet names too, but I think it's awkward if I don't know that person well, lmao.

pet names can also include funny nicknames as well kekekeke

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Depends on the name. Sometimes it gets on my nerves, especially if it's cheesy and stupid. :x

Most bother me, though. Specifically the ones my mother comes up with. I: But I'm cool with people calling me by a shortened version of my first name (and actually prefer it because I'm not a huge fan of my name).

Last edited:
Years
There's only one person who could get away with calling me any sort of pet name, and that was my grandma. For everyone else, if you don't want to call me Richard, you can Rich. Anything else will get you ignored.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I don't mind when others call me that stuff, but I don't normally use pet names my self. If someone calls me a pet name, I usually call them sweetcheeks in return.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I call customers "love" and "sweetheart," and they respond really well to it. When I was teaching I called my kids the same thing, and threw "friend" in there a lot to kinda be on their level. I throw the words "sweet potato" at my favorite people.

Sir Codin

The only pet name is give to anyone is my mother and that pet name is "Ancient."

Bugs the crap out of her, but she hasn't killed me yet, so I guess she still loves her cute little son (ME).

Years
Like them? I suppose I don't mind them all that much, at least when they're being used on me (to a point).

As for me using them, though...yeah, I feel really weird giving out pet names. Like, silly weird, for some reason. So I don't tend to make any up. :P

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I don't think I have any pet names, nor do I call my partner any. I suppose we might slip in a 'love' at the end of a sentence but it's not exactly the same as a specific name. Though I don't think I would be too opposed to one :)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I like giving and getting pet names :3 Heck I nickname all my pokemon too!
But yeah.. I like thinking up special nicknames that no one else uses for people who are close to me :3
Like I have a friend at work who is also my senior.. I call him Aniki (his name starts with "An" too) and it means "older bro/ boss" so it fits perfectly.
Stuff like that I like :3

I don't have many pet names myself, though!

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I don't mind nicknames, or pet names for that matter. I don't know anyone who calls me by them though, and thus I don't reciprocate.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I've only had 2 pets and my sister named one so, I chose Kittye but with the e, I felt like it sounded cute and cool with the silent e, kittye xD My sister named hers Allisio, to this day I don't know why xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've only had 2 pets and my sister named one so, I chose Kittye but with the e, I felt like it sounded cute and cool with the silent e, kittye xD My sister named hers Allisio, to this day I don't know why xD

Pet names as in baby, sweetie, honey, etc. not your actual pet's name. lol

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
Pet names as in the things your partner calls you? "Cupcake" "baby" and such? No, I don't like those. I'm okay with being called love and darling. Anything that is derived from an object annoy me.. I'm not honey, I'm not a cupcake, I'm not a honeybun, I'm not an infant! Love and darling are terms of endearment, baby and cupcake are comparing me to, well, things that I'm not.
Not to get this confused with my nicknames related to objects.. My nickname is Cookie, it originated in middle school because I had an obsession with these certain cookies. It has a point of origin.. So, it's not the same as being called honeybun for no actual reason.

Honeybun, baby, cupcake = objects.
Dear, love, darling = terms of endearment.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I love pet names and it makes me feel special when people give them to me, but I feel really awkward saying them to other people.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
I use pet names towards close friends, but myself? I am not a fan of people using them on me, strangely.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Nah, I don't use pet names. Sometimes I call random people 'guuuurl' but that's about it. I tend to call people by their first name, their username, or the name they prefer me to call them.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I don't think i have pet names..oh wait in school i used to have a lot of nicknames but not so much anymore.

Back