• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

We did watch one episode in english and then decided that we would watch it in japanese haha. Did enjoy listening to the dubbed theme song again though.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Who's talking about nostalgia dubs? I didn't watch Digimon as a child, but generally I'd catch the opening theme, which I was referring to when I mentioned the catchiness.

Though, I do watch nostalgia dubs on occasion, generally for laughs. Pokemon has these, and One Piece as well. Then again, I can't particularly say either of those dubs were truly bad for their voice acting, with Gourry playing Brock, Martina playing Jessie, Veronica Taylor/Amelia playing a number of characters...don't really know why I'm going the Slayers route with this. I mean, it wasn't great, and the side characters then and now are pretty hit-and-miss, but it's biggest faults were mostly writing hiccups and localizations. The theme songs weren't that bad, either, and they clearly put a LOT of time and money into creating localized content for Pokemon.

...Well, One Piece had quite a few problems, but I didn't mind the VAs at the time. I still hear the 4Kids cast when I read the manga.

Years

Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan or maybe Madoka.

diz make mii crai evry tiem

This was my English dub memories.

Except for Pokemon, we got the American dub for that :P

But yeah it's Tagalog dubs for me, and I grew up watching anime subbed back in 2000 because of AXN...so I am a staunch sub fan.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

>tfw no subs
Spoiler:

In other news I woke up at 2.50 pm today, just in time for a football match I had forgotten about. 2spooky.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

At this rate I might end up with a Fairy Monotype team. Or like... Fairy/Electric/Fire. Or something. Idk. So many choices that I like. ;v;

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years

I'm going with my usual staple of Zebstrika, Skitty, Amfabulous, and Glaceon. Hopefully they're available somewhat early in the game. And maybe a couple of the newer pokemans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back